Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-16, 15:34   Link #261
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I fear there really isn't enough manga material for that yet.
The anime has been adapting one chapter per episode at an incredibly faithful fashion (seriously every scene and line has been directly used from the manga). And the manga series is supposedly like around chapter 34 or something at this point, so if AIC continues what they're doing, they'll have enough material. Now whether it'll bring a conclusion to the entire thing, well that's another story!
Old 2009-12-16, 18:34   Link #262
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

I'm finally done with my finals, at least for this year, so I watched the first ten episodes yesterday. I don't remember the last time I watched so much anime in a single day, it was great.

I'm surprised at how faithful it is to the manga, almost every single scene has made it to the anime, but even then the anime has a different feeling to the manga, more relaxed. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but this made a much better experience for me because it's like re-watching a story from a different point of view.

As expected, Akemi-chan's episode was the best, the level of moe was toxic. God damn, I have seen my fair share of traps but this one was too much, I could literally feel myself going gay. The scene with his sister on top oh him on the bed was glorious.

I also feel that Aoi's arc was handled better in the anime, I was one of the few that liked her in the manga but she was more sympathetic here. Or maybe she just looked cuter in color

Also, Sumi's raspy voice arouses me
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 21:57   Link #263
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

This episode felt really different. The presentation felt distant, lessening the impact of a lot of scenes. This episode did not live up to the manga.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 22:46   Link #264
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
This episode felt really different. The presentation felt distant, lessening the impact of a lot of scenes. This episode did not live up to the manga.

l totally agree, the Aoi part got shafted for no apparent reason... which made the scene of sumi&kazama's time together in the end. lt was good overall but not as great as the manga....

on that note....so this is only 13 episodes right?....

so we are getting either an original episode or....
Spoiler for future manga event:

Last edited by Solace; 2009-12-17 at 00:14. Reason: Use spoiler tags!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 23:05   Link #265
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
so we are getting either an original episode or....
Spoiler for future manga events:
Chapter 12 seems to be a much better place to end it at, it's the last chapter of the second volume so it gives a little bit of closure. I imagine they will either stretch it for two episodes or make an anime original ending, no way they will dive into the athletic festival.

Last edited by Solace; 2009-12-17 at 00:14. Reason: added spoiler tag
Old 2009-12-17, 07:13   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I hope we don't see an anime original ending, oh how i hope. Future manga material after chapter 13 is so so good, and i'd love to see it animated in the future.
Old 2009-12-17, 07:51   Link #267
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
Chapter 12 seems to be a much better place to end it at
The major plot element of the storyline in chapter 12 of the manga has already been covered in episode 7 when
Spoiler for stuff in chapter 12 of the manga:

The slideshow preview at the end of chapter 11 shows nothing I remember in the manga so I'm inclined to think the last episode may be an anime original, maybe to give some sort of closure to the storyline. I read the title of episode 12 as "兩を見たかい" although transcribing hand-written kanji isn't my forte. Google Translate and some other on-line translation tools gives me the idea it means "Watch out for these two!"

EDIT: I was wrong -- the first kanji is "ame" meaning rain, not a variation of "futari" or pair.

It's not uncommon for anime series nowadays to get extra DVD-only episodes on release -- Kamichu! had 12 episodes broadcast but the DVD set had four extra episodes, for example. There are also sometimes omake episodes on the retail releases such as the short "Limited Girl" omakes the Hatsukoi Limited Blu-ray release is being issued with. I suppose we'll find out what the producers will do with Sasameki Koto eventually. My preference for such extra episodes would be the "Early Days" storyline from the manga, when Sumika and Ushio first met.

Last edited by nojay; 2009-12-20 at 17:27. Reason: Mistake in original posting
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 09:44   Link #268
SnowSong

Wasn't Akemia supposed to be at the pool as well?
SnowSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 13:40   Link #269
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmm from looking at the episode title of episode 12,

http://www.sasameki.com/story/

...it seems episode 12 will be an original episode.
Old 2009-12-17, 14:10   Link #270
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for preview summaries, manga chapters, episodes 12-13:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:34   Link #271
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Assuming the show ends on the same place as chapter 12, it really hints at a second season, but so did Bamboo Blade and I'm still waiting for that. Anyway, I'm a little more confident with Sasameki given how they chose to adapt one chapter per episode and the amount of chapters left.
Old 2009-12-17, 17:16   Link #272
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I'm really enjoying this and episode 11 was great, was really nice to see her all happy and cheerful and I loved the part where she was lying down and getting a head rub from Kumi, that was sweet and she sounded so cute when she looked down and asked "what is it?" hopeful we get to see them finally kiss soon.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:19   Link #273
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
Assuming the show ends on the same place as chapter 12, it really hints at a second season, but so did Bamboo Blade and I'm still waiting for that. Anyway, I'm a little more confident with Sasameki given how they chose to adapt one chapter per episode and the amount of chapters left.
which one is chapter 12? the vacation? if it is, then that would be a good place to end the first season, especially with a better ending when they reunite or something.

but i really hope they do a second season, especially the sickness and Lotte arc. cause its a lot more dramatic.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:34   Link #274
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
which one is chapter 12? the vacation? if it is, then that would be a good place to end the first season, especially with a better ending when they reunite or something.
Exactly, with some changes it could make a decent place to stop but a second season would definitely be the best.
Old 2009-12-18, 10:05   Link #275
Ryo K

I just discovered this anime yesterday and just fell in love with this show. Kazama is insanely cute.. Kazama and sumi-chan will make a perfect couples and twords later eps it seems Kazama is falling for Sumi-chan. Kazama keep making those suddle moves on her, was just too adoreable. <3
Ryo K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 12:12   Link #276
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Miyako was fun in this episode.

The best view.

What the hell was that about?

Sumi's swimsuit fantasy scene stretched on a little too long, but daaaaaaamn Kazama got bounce.

Went ahead and marathoned the manga, and now I'm stuck painfully waiting for the next chapter...
Old 2009-12-19, 12:22   Link #277
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Old 2009-12-19, 13:56   Link #278
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha yes! i love Kiyori. or as i like to call her, Mihoshi

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-20, 13:22   Link #279
Dop
Mmmm....

The "Oh Jesus" line had me in stitches.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 14:52   Link #280
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Spoiler for Aoi:

anywho, Tomoe is great, i wan't wait for season two where they'll develop her more. its sad the show is almost over.

Tags
seinen, yuri