AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 00:09   Link #2521
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

18 votes brings Obamaa down to 272. Another presently counted state would need to switch to mean anything. Florida, Montana, Virgina, and Alaska are not counted at all yet for either person.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:12   Link #2522
Mentar
Banned

Only Democratic areas missing in Ohio, Virginia and Florida, and it's not even close in Colorado (which would already be enough, with Colorado, Obama could drop Ohio, Virginia and Florida and not care)

This is over. Rove is just being stubborn.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:12   Link #2523
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Even the SoS of Ohio (a Republican) has effectively said it's over. All that remains to be counted in Ohio are very solid Democratic areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Hmmm Ohio could go to Mitt after all. It is worth 18 electoral votes. Virginia and Florida are still out there up for grabs, but Obama has slight leads over them as well as all other swing states.
It's like Aya Reiko said. Specifically, only 49% of the precincts in Cuyahoga County (that's Cleveland) are reporting, and Obama holds a lead of 150,000+ votes just in the half that has reported. The assumption is that the unreported votes are going to swing heavily in his favor. (In fact, during the time it took to write this post, he swung back ahead in Ohio's statewide popular vote.)
Old 2012-11-07, 00:12   Link #2524
Xacual

Damn it, it looks like Proposition 30 in CA won't pass. I'm pissed.

It was a state tax for the next 4 years that would raise $6 billion in funding for schools.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-11-07, 00:13   Link #2525
Destined_Fate

Whoa... It's 290 to 203 out of the 270 electoral votes that are needed needed? Obama has him beat by a landslide on that.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:14   Link #2526
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Oh my, firing people who do poor jobs, such a skeleton-filled closet he has
Some of them may do a poor jobs. But you are disillusioned if you think all of those fired deserved to be fired as if they are all just lazy or screw up their jobs regularly.

Laying people off is a business decision. I DONT blame Romney for it, but let's not pin the blame on those fired so quickly...
Old 2012-11-07, 00:14   Link #2527
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

CO called for Obama. ME2 also for Obama.

(NYT is currently calling NV and VA for Obama. Waiting for confirmation.)
Old 2012-11-07, 00:15   Link #2528
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

People in Califorian don't like passing propositions that add taxes to both income and sales tax.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:15   Link #2529
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Damn it, it looks like Proposition 30 in CA won't pass. I'm pissed.

It was a state tax for the next 4 years that would raise $6 billion in funding for schools.
I had a hunch that one wouldn't pass cause hurr durr raising taxes is bad.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:16   Link #2530
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Whoa... It's 290 to 203 out of the 270 electoral votes that are needed needed? Obama has him beat by a landslide on that.
That's a pointless look.

Say Ohio goes to Romney that is 18 points. But that means Obama loses 18 points. So its a 36 point swing.

So 290 to 203 isn't a "landslide"

All it takes is one close state like Ohio and its 36 points closer. Not saying Romney is going to win Ohio. Just stating that a change in states changes the numbers drastically.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:17   Link #2531
Destined_Fate

They could change things but right now it still looks huge.

Watching Fox News and they're still getting their licks in on Obama even though they're wising up and admitting that Obama may have won. I'm starting to think they're just being poor sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Some of them may do a poor jobs. But you are disillusioned if you think all of those fired deserved to be fired as if they are all just lazy or screw up their jobs regularly.

Laying people off is a business decision. I DONT blame Romney for it, but let's not pin the blame on those fired so quickly...
Why are you even neg rep? You're right, laying people off isn't evil in itself but it also isn't right to just blame those that were laid off since it's highly doubtful everyone that was laid off were lazy or something. I'll rep you later when I can.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:17   Link #2532
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think that would have raised the sales tax in San Francisco to over ten percent.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:17   Link #2533
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I had a hunch that one wouldn't pass cause hurr durr raising taxes is bad.
I'm fucking pissed that millionaires from out of state's ads lost support for it just like the food labeling proposition.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-11-07, 00:18   Link #2534
sikvod00

The fact that Elizabeth Warren won in MA is the icing on an already delicious cake.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:18   Link #2535
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
That's a pointless look.

Say Ohio goes to Romney that is 18 points. But that means Obama loses 18 points. So its a 36 point swing.

So 290 to 203 isn't a "landslide"

All it takes is one close state like Ohio and its 36 points closer. Not saying Romney is going to win Ohio. Just stating that a change in states changes the numbers drastically.
You're missing the fact that the only thing not in from Ohio are Democratic areas. That's why it was called for Obama.

Old 2012-11-07, 00:19   Link #2536
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
According to Nate, it gets worse:

He will be even a bigger stud after this election.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:19   Link #2537
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post

Wow, DC sure went imperial on all those states
Old 2012-11-07, 00:20   Link #2538
LeoXiao
思想工作

Tsundere Romney-chan: It-it's not like I wanted to w-win or anything! I was just tr-trying to see if anyone would vote for you given an alternative, baka!
Old 2012-11-07, 00:20   Link #2539
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
The fact that Elizabeth Warren won in MA is the icing on an already delicious cake.
What did he do again, it's hard to keep track of all the Republican senators and their terrible positions on social issues.
Old 2012-11-07, 00:21   Link #2540
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

Hope you do a better job in your second term than your first, Obama. I don't think you're a good president, and I have my doubts that you're even a good person; but for the sake of me, my family, and everyone close to me, I hope you manage to guide the country in your second term in the ways you promise.
I'm with you on this! Nicely put. Hopefully we will get some of those people in congress think in those lines too ....
Closed Thread