AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-03, 14:38   Link #1061
animeisinteresting

My theory is Frohze is an evolved Nitro (one of their leaders possibly) who probably ate the original Frohze
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:20   Link #1062
Homura7

It doesn't take much to notice Starjun was holding back his real strenght. First there's that commentary of Toriko saying he was too afraid of going all out, and then there's this page:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Let's see. If Zebra is one of the few individuals who can level up the entire island, who is also the strongest of the kings, and Starjun is supposed to be hundreds of times stronger than him, then this means the Bishokukai sous chef has enough power to blow the island away as well.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:15   Link #1063
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Man I want to see Zebra going all out and blow up some or one or two islands as soon as possible. He is like my favorite character in this series and I always get the same feeling from him just like Kenpachi from bleach. He is frigging awesome character. So but I wonder why did he get trapped by Teppei's attack because since he is powerful to blow up an island I think getting out of that trap should be easy for him or is it mean that Teppei is also as strong as him in terms of power? I don't think so.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:01   Link #1064
Homura7

Actually, Teppei was the one who arrested Zebra. He's considered to be above any of the kings.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:46   Link #1065
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Actually, Teppei was the one who arrested Zebra. He's considered to be above any of the kings.
Yeah that's right but after he got out he trained so hard that he might above the level of Teppei now but you are right because if that's the case Teppei also trained and get his level more higher than he currently is.

edit: Wait no Teppei arrested Zebra with the help of Yosaku so I don't think he still have a chance againist Zebra in 1 vs 1.

Last edited by Qpax; 2013-08-05 at 13:26.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 14:31   Link #1066
marvelB

It's that time of week again:

Spoiler for Toriko 245:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:51   Link #1067
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Terry did head towards Toriko, not surprised he would howl like that. So thanks to the battle with Toriko Starjun's gourmet cells have fully awoken. What was that pill that Jirou took? Not only do we not get a Starjun vs Joa match, but Ichiryu lost offscreen, WTF! Does that mean he's dead? Mansam's flashback was sad. So Komatsu is being taken away, Joa and Neo have left. Wonder how many will survive the meteor spice attack. Out of the heavenly kings Toriko seems to be in the worst condition, but we still have no idea what happened to Coco. Things are not looking good at all. Wonder if Komatsu will meet Midora now.
Old 2013-08-08, 08:38   Link #1068
Homura7

I'm afraid Midora has seized one of Acacia's holy ingredients.

And from the looks of it, they were fighting in space, because the Meteor Spice is, well, a rain of meteors, of course.

I'm eagerly waiting to see that big clash.
Old 2013-08-08, 15:17   Link #1069
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
What was that pill that Jirou took?
That was a sign that was showing that Midora has already won the battle. It wasn't a pill but a small pebble that was fall from the sky so Jirou at this point already aware the fact that something bad happened to Ichiryuu. Same goes for Terry. He sensed that something bad will fall from sky so that pebble fall from sky after he howled.

Man I really love this manga. Because it's more exciting to imagine the epic war between Ichiryuu and Midora. You can only use your imagination for what really happened between those two and I don't think Ichiryuu would lose him since he was the most powerful amongst 3 disciples but Jirou called him small fry cat so that means that he was gotten so strong that he even surpassed Ichiryuu in terms of powers. Also what the hell were they fighting in the space? Man they better show it as soon as possible or just give us some hints about how the war between those two occured.

Also at page 17 did you guys noticed that Kuriboh suddenly dissapeared after those shadowy looking black lizard showed up to fetch them. I wonder if he is actually double agent working for Ichiryuu? I wonder what's he planning in his mind but I hope he still works for IGO.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:04   Link #1070
marvelB

Quote:
What was that pill that Jirou took?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
It wasn't a pill but a small pebble that was fall from the sky so Jirou at this point already aware the fact that something bad happened to Ichiryuu.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was neither a pill or a pebble that Jirou held in his hand, but the button from his vest pocket that fell off. But yeah, it was most definitely meant to signalize a bad omen for the good guys' side......

And once again, I have to wonder if Midora intends to destroy the human world with his meteors. In a way, it would probably fit as his way of celebrating his victory over his older brother.....
Old 2013-08-08, 16:33   Link #1071
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
That was a sign that was showing that Midora has already won the battle. It wasn't a pill but a small pebble that was fall from the sky so Jirou at this point already aware the fact that something bad happened to Ichiryuu. Same goes for Terry. He sensed that something bad will fall from sky so that pebble fall from sky after he howled.

Man I really love this manga. Because it's more exciting to imagine the epic war between Ichiryuu and Midora. You can only use your imagination for what really happened between those two and I don't think Ichiryuu would lose him since he was the most powerful amongst 3 disciples but Jirou called him small fry cat so that means that he was gotten so strong that he even surpassed Ichiryuu in terms of powers. Also what the hell were they fighting in the space? Man they better show it as soon as possible or just give us some hints about how the war between those two occured.

Also at page 17 did you guys noticed that Kuriboh suddenly dissapeared after those shadowy looking black lizard showed up to fetch them. I wonder if he is actually double agent working for Ichiryuu? I wonder what's he planning in his mind but I hope he still works for IGO.
Yeah I noticed that Kuriboh's eye look a bit different than the one who got wrap away.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:04   Link #1072
Homura7

God knows how are they going to get out of this mess. Each of those meteors is the size of a fucking building.

Also Terry wasn't howling because it sensed the spice falling but because he found Toriko and saw the state he's in. The poor thing :_(

So Starjun went from being already one of the strongest to awaken his cells in his fight with Toriko? Talk about powering up a lot.

I see Kuribou left before Joa's pet could fetch him, which takes us back to when the president called him.

And speaking of the president, I hope this is not the end for him and that was just the first of their epic clashes.

But one thing is sure. One of Acacia's holy ingredients is already in possession of Midora.
Old 2013-08-08, 17:58   Link #1073
xellos2099

Come to think of it.... wasn't this serie about... food?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 12:57   Link #1074
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
God knows how are they going to get out of this mess. Each of those meteors is the size of a fucking building.

Also Terry wasn't howling because it sensed the spice falling but because he found Toriko and saw the state he's in. The poor thing :_(

So Starjun went from being already one of the strongest to awaken his cells in his fight with Toriko? Talk about powering up a lot.

I see Kuribou left before Joa's pet could fetch him, which takes us back to when the president called him.

And speaking of the president, I hope this is not the end for him and that was just the first of their epic clashes.

But one thing is sure. One of Acacia's holy ingredients is already in possession of Midora.
Starjun was the second most powerful in midora's organisation but was only slightly stronger than toriko? Midora's organisations suddenly feels very weak.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 13:50   Link #1075
Homura7

They can evolve their cells at any given moment, and if Midora really seized one of those holy ingredients, then this is a boost for the Bishokukai.
Old 2013-08-10, 20:42   Link #1076
tenchir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Starjun was the second most powerful in midora's organisation but was only slightly stronger than toriko? Midora's organisations suddenly feels very weak.
Midora was playing with Toriko through out their fight. He was just surprised by the sudden attack from Toriko's alter-ego when he turn his back on him.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 21:21   Link #1077
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Now then. I'll try to guess what's going to happen to Komatsu.

Since, Tommyrod died in the "hairs" of Sani. I think of this possible theory:

- Komatsu will replace Tommyrod's position as One of the 3 Vice-Head Chefs, along with Starjyun and Grinpatch, to cook for the Midora. Komatsu has experienced cooking for the 4 Kings, so he'll be fine.

Since two Vice-Head chefs won't be able to keep up with their Boss' appetite. Even the Head Chef is having a hard time cooking for him as well.

I can see Star recommending the boy for the position with a saying"Welcome to Gourmet World. You're now under our roof, boy. If you want to survive here, there is one thing you can do, and that is, as a Chef, is to cook."

He was pretty reluctant on not handing Komatsu over to Joa because he's interested in him. At the very least, not in Joa's hands. Who knows where exactly is there headquarters.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 16:24   Link #1078
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Do you guys think Zebra mastered food honor?
Old 2013-08-13, 17:38   Link #1079
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Do you guys think Zebra mastered food honor?
Not food honor, but food pressure.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 17:51   Link #1080
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Come to think of it.... wasn't this serie about... food?

Well, food that powers up the cast, anyway!

Anyways, it shouldn't be much longer before we get to the Gourmet World stage of this series, I suppose. I just really, really hope that the GW has its own version of Livebearer.

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen