AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-05, 18:19   Link #21
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
JAppi, I no where in there said
backing it up was LEGAL I just said instead of distributing
he could just want backup. Understand...

This is twice you assumed something on me...

Damn my assumptions Koneko!

Why did you mention that if you didn't think it was illegal? Maybe you assumed I assume that? Maybe you should stop making assumptions about what I assume? I think you're the one who needs to stop making assumptions.

And boneyjellyfish, if at any time you attempt to break the copywrite protection, you are breaking the law, no matter for what purpose.
Old 2004-01-05, 18:22   Link #22
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I have a question about the legality of this:

A couple of years ago a family member of mine bought me a DVD without knowing that I didn't have a DVD player. However, one of my friends had a DVD player in his computer and I went over his house to burn the contents of the DVD onto a couple of CDs so I could watch the anime episodes.

Is that wrong?
boneyjellyfish, you start out asking about the legality of your situation, but then you ask "Is that wrong?" What you might want to think about is the line between legality and morality. If you live in an area covered by the DMCA (or similar act), yes, what you did was illegal. But as ashibaka pointed out, you'd have to be pretty uptight to consider it immoral.
Old 2004-01-05, 18:24   Link #23
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megane
boneyjellyfish, you start out asking about the legality of your situation, but then you ask "Is that wrong?" What you might want to think about is the line between legality and morality. If you live in an area covered by the DMCA (or similar act), yes, what you did was illegal. But as ashibaka pointed out, you'd have to be pretty uptight to consider it immoral.
Hmm... alright. Thanks for the answer. Bad wording on my part, too. I should have said "Is that illegal?" instead.
Old 2004-01-05, 18:40   Link #24
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
The only thing that pisses me off more then dvd rippers are people who sub shows that are licensed!
Old 2004-01-05, 18:52   Link #25
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

The new divx 5.1.1 is way better than the xvid encoder, but thats just me
Old 2004-01-05, 19:51   Link #26
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

JAppi...remember the karaoke you did for azumanga?
You were offering to send to ppl? I believe azumanga is licensed...
Old 2004-01-05, 19:55   Link #27
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

That was a karaoke test, not a fansub. Besides, it's you who chose Azumanga to do the karaoke test on, O Lord of Moral Principles.
Old 2004-01-05, 20:00   Link #28
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yes it was, but im not the one saying

'The only thing that pisses me off more then dvd rippers are people who sub shows that are licensed!'
Old 2004-01-05, 20:26   Link #29
black_light
Hatake Kakashi - Jounin

Send a message via AIM to black_light
i say no bullshit posts and they start flooding in, thanks. no i dont want to distro becasue its a waste of my time and why should i give out shit for free? i want them in divx format so i can watch them on my xbox thats hooked up to my tv. also i want to know how to compress shit like dvds so i can apply the knowlge other ways like backup up MY dvd movies so i can watch them off my xbox, etc.
Old 2004-01-05, 20:29   Link #30
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
i want them in divx format so i can watch them on my xbox thats hooked up to my tv.
Just buy a remote and play the dvds on your xbox.

That wasn't "fansubbing licensed anime" it was testing out new Karaoke effects Ideas. I don't think I could have possibly hurt any anime company's profits by subbing an op.

Please use the quote tags next time. They work like this [ quote=<name> ] [ /quote ]

Chibidusk you're rather silly. I find it incrediblely easy to manipulate you into being offended. You know everytime I get into an arugment I comment about it to either Gwavie or the people of #animesuki? I find it rather hillarious.

No I am not the re-incarnation of neko koneko. You just think that because you hate both of us. I call upon other people to help defend me. If you believe I am nothing like Neko Koneko, please post and tell Chibidusk he is quite wrong.

Last edited by JAppi; 2004-01-05 at 23:53.
Old 2004-01-05, 20:31   Link #31
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_light
i want them in divx format so i can watch them on my xbox thats hooked up to my tv.
Nice try, but the X-Box can already play DVDs.
Even if you aint distroing, I'm betting you want to borrow the DVDs from a freind, copy them and watch them on your X-Box...........

Old 2004-01-05, 21:11   Link #32
black_light
Hatake Kakashi - Jounin

yes the xbox can its called a modchip and xbox media player buddy so the "nice try" can be shoved up your ass. im sick of all your bullshit posts about lord knows what your all ranting on about. if you dont want to help DONT POST FOR THE 100TH FUCKING TIME!
Old 2004-01-05, 21:37   Link #33
Shii
*Fansubber

ChibiDusk, you are quite wrong.
Old 2004-01-05, 21:56   Link #34
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
yes the xbox can its called a modchip and xbox media player buddy so the "nice try" can be shoved up your ass. im sick of all your bullshit posts about lord knows what your all ranting on about. if you dont want to help DONT POST FOR THE 100TH FUCKING TIME!
Um, last time I checked, you didn't need a modchip to play DVDs on an XBox. Also, I think you misunderstood what SirCannealot was saying.
Old 2004-01-05, 22:27   Link #35
black_light
Hatake Kakashi - Jounin

fuck this, obviously noone here wants to or knows the answer to my question so have fun talking about random shit in this tread. other wise lock it. fags...
Old 2004-01-05, 22:43   Link #36
Forse
r00t for life

I think it's up to you about what you wanna do with your DVD's. In finland for example it's legal to encode DVD's into divx/xvid for your own use (if u don't distro it).

I suggest you go to www.doom9.net and read DVD2DivX guides they have in there. Also consider using latest alpha XviD. Also see this and this.

I am not much of encoder (I have done some encodes using transcoding scripts) so I can't help you more then this. Good luck
Old 2004-01-05, 22:48   Link #37
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
fags...
Yeah, maybe I would have answered your question at first, but now I definitely won't because you called people "fags", and apparently not as a compliment.
Old 2004-01-05, 23:19   Link #38
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Yeah, maybe I would have answered your question at first, but now I definitely won't because you called people "fags", and apparently not as a compliment.
"Fags" isn't a compliment!?
Damn! I've been insulting my prof all this time!?
I feel like such a fooooool...

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-01-06, 05:42   Link #39
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
@black_light
I'm terribly sorry, but do you understand the concept of comity?
If you piss all pepole off and randomly insult everyone it's unlikely anyone wants to answer your question.
If you'd have been kind from the beginning this flame war wouldn't even have started...
Old 2004-01-06, 05:48   Link #40
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

This isn't going anywhere good -- so I've closed it. Forse has provided enough information anyway.
Closed Thread