AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-25, 16:17   Link #81
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Those sort of "extensions" can't really happen because the timeblock was arranged in advance and everything is already planned out (they've been working on the show for months already). But, if this season is as successful as the first, it's always possible that they could approve another season or more OVAs down the road.
I thought the first season was supposed to be 12 episode only but got extended into 25 episodes. Or was that just a rumor? Anyway I'll just keep my fingers crossed for now hoping that the 2nd season will be a success so that Hibiki can have her own arc too like in the game. Enterbrain needs to step up their game. They have a potential goldmine in their hands right now.
Old 2011-11-25, 16:23   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I thought the first season was supposed to be 12 episode only but got extended into 25 episodes. Or was that just a rumor?
Just a rumour I guess, probably based on people looking at websites that only add episode placeholders one "cour" at a time. it was always scheduled for a two-cour show. If you think about the show's structure, it wouldn't have made any sense for it to have been "extended" since all the story planning had to occur many months before the show started airing.
Old 2011-11-27, 23:29   Link #83
Key Board
Carbon

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/amagami/news/news.html

Old news, but

SS+ will shuffle the order of arcs..

It will go from

絢辻詞編→桜井梨穂子編→七咲逢編→棚町薫編→中多紗江編→森島はるか編

Ayatsuji -> Rihoko -> Nanasaki -> Kaoru -> Sae -> Haruka
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-11-29, 04:08   Link #84
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Old news, but

It will go from

Oh boy, I have to wait until March or early April just to see Haruka's arc...
Old 2011-11-30, 11:23   Link #85
Jao
panchi~

On the upside, if it's anything like S1, we'll get to see her being show stealingly awesome throughout.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2011-11-30, 21:06   Link #86
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:

Old news, but

It will go from

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Oh boy, I have to wait until March or early April just to see Haruka's arc...
This. Although on the flip side at least my breaks from the show (Rihoko and Sae) will only be 2 weeks long as opposed to the month in the first season.
Old 2011-11-30, 22:10   Link #87
Jao
panchi~

Have fun missing peripheral character development and interactions.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:05   Link #88
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Haruka at the last?

Saving the best for last is cool, I guess.
Old 2011-12-04, 00:29   Link #89
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If this is just an after story, I really can't imagine four episodes worth of content for each girl except for maybe Rihoko. It might come off more as a slice of life this time around.
I think that four episodes sounds concise, but long enough that you can tell a decent story in that timeframe. Two episodes per heroine just sounds too flimsy and short to me. (For that matter, I'm not sure why it being an after story should have any impact; aren't after stories simply stories that take place long after the original? I don't think after stories are inherently supposed to be insubstantial or anything.) Personally, I just think there would be more potential to craft a better story with four episodes per heroine than two.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:52   Link #90
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:

Old news, but

It will go from

Oh ok. So Tsukasa will the first one. Can't wait to see this one and Haruka will be the last one

Looks like the order was reversed from season one. Haruka > Sae > Kaoru > Nanasaki > Rihoko > Tsukasa

Ok. Never mind
Old 2011-12-04, 14:08   Link #91
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think that four episodes sounds concise, but long enough that you can tell a decent story in that timeframe. Two episodes per heroine just sounds too flimsy and short to me. (For that matter, I'm not sure why it being an after story should have any impact; aren't after stories simply stories that take place long after the original? I don't think after stories are inherently supposed to be insubstantial or anything.) Personally, I just think there would be more potential to craft a better story with four episodes per heroine than two.
Because After Stories already have a lot of the ground covered -- the couple is already formed, the main conflict is already resolved, and the dynamics between the characters are already established. Having four episodes for After Story content when you only had four episodes for the main story seems a bit out of proportion, not to mention risky since a big part of the appeal of romance anime in general is in seeing the couple formed. To me, the proportion they're doing here feels right -- people who bought the Blu-Rays will have two volumes of the main story and one volume for the After Story, together a six-episode/three-volume tale.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:10   Link #92
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Enterbrain is choosing the safe route and will just create more wish fulfillment episodes. I don't mind watching 2 or more episodes of wish fulfillment but I believe each heroine can have a decent after story if they really put some effort into it.
Old 2011-12-05, 22:41   Link #93
GundamZZ
残念美人

The anime is funded and made by AIC, not Enterbrain. Enterbrain does not make anime, as far as I know.

Saying there is not much story in the after story....is a very tempting topic. Rather, it's not much when you compare it with other dating games. One particular dating game has the most story unfolded after the love confession. Back to Amagami, fans have certain expectation this time. I wonder if this season can please most people. It's not possible to please all. So, I think the direction of pleasing most people would be wiser. It better be enjoyable for me, at least.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-12-06, 00:47   Link #94
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The anime is funded and made by AIC, not Enterbrain. Enterbrain does not make anime, as far as I know.
Well, neither are totally true. The project is funded and made by the Amagami Production Committee, which appears to consist (at least) of Pony Canyon, Movic, AIC, Enterbrain, and broadcaster TBS. So it's not really either Enterbrain or AIC that decide how the anime goes on their own; the whole committee makes the major decisions (and beyond that, it falls on the Director and Writers, who are often freelance).
Old 2011-12-06, 23:07   Link #95
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, neither are totally true. The project is funded and made by the Amagami Production Committee, which appears to consist (at least) of Pony Canyon, Movic, AIC, Enterbrain, and broadcaster TBS. So it's not really either Enterbrain or AIC that decide how the anime goes on their own; the whole committee makes the major decisions (and beyond that, it falls on the Director and Writers, who are often freelance).
Apparently, we have the different understanding to the process. Because it will lead to the different discussion, I'll be brief. Because all companies are too small, they don't have enough capital. They have different financial responsibilities. The production is the joint process. Maybe Enterbrain staff is the guest of honor for designing and selecting voice actors. AIC is still responsible for anime(moving pictures) part. Maybe music company have some power over story, but that's only limited to op, ed and insert song. The joint business venture is planned by some directors/brokers. The committe's role is limited to oversight, unless you knows something differently.
Spoiler for from Internet:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-12-06, 23:31   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Apparently, we have the different understanding to the process. Because it will lead to the different discussion, I'll be brief. Because all companies are too small, they don't have enough capital. They have different financial responsibilities. The production is the joint process. Maybe Enterbrain staff is the guest of honor for designing and selecting voice actors. AIC is still responsible for anime(moving pictures) part. Maybe music company have some power over story, but that's only limited to op, ed and insert song. The joint business venture is planned by some directors/brokers. The committe's role is limited to oversight, unless you knows something differently.
Spoiler for from Internet:
AIC is indeed responsible for the actual technical production of the anime, but the Director and key writers are typically hired by the Production Committee directly (and aren't part of the animation production studio). So when it comes to the technical production, you can say AIC is responsible, but the chain of responsibility for the story flows up directly to the Production Committee who commissioned the work and serve as oversight for the entire process. It's perhaps a bit of a technical distinction, but it explains why there can be vast storytelling differences between productions even within the same production studio (since it can actually be produced by almost entirely different groups at a higher level). In this case perhaps it's a bit messier because AIC is on the committee, but there are lots of shows where the studio isn't even on the committee and so is simply commissioned to do the work like any other work-for-hire.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:46   Link #97
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
AIC funding the show doesn't necessarily mean they have complete control over Enterbrain's franchise.
Old 2011-12-12, 19:42   Link #98
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

yurrr that poster in high res.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-12, 19:49   Link #99
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh look, it's almost going backwards this season. I'll get Nanasaki in the middle as always though, so I'm happy.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:19   Link #100
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
yurrr that poster in high res.

Spoiler:
Ah yes.. it's post Christmas so they're no longer wearing Winter uniforms

nice attention to detail
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread