AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 19:51   Link #21
Green²
It's bacon!

Beef, It's what's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 19:55   Link #22
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBones104
Melazoma - glad to finally come across someone in the same boat as me. Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

And as much as I find everyone's suggestions quite appealing (some of them sound really good!) all of them seem to involve some kind of grain or fruit. Trust me, the littlest bit of wheat, gluten, or fruit will send me crashing down. Not even cereal bars are healthy for me.
How about some fish? :-(

or... fish. fish and seaweed?

salmon roe? i can't remember if salt is bad for you too...

mmm... raw fish eggs wrapped in seaweed...

YUM.

Oh yeah, and eel too!
Bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:12   Link #23
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I'd eat lots of breakfast sausage.
(Can you eat potatoes?) If so, then maybe potatoe pancakes.

Is corn flower okay? If so then maybe corn flower tortillas with veggies.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 22:20   Link #24
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBones104
OK, my diet is severely restriced due to a few health problems. Because of this, my food intake mainly consists of a ton of soy and nothing but organic food. Because of my limited diet, I don't have much of an option when it comes to breakfast. These days my breakfast consists of eggs and soy pancakes, nothing else. My problem is I'm really,really sick of eggs and pancakes! I want to eat something else for breakfast. I'd love some cereal or toast, even grapefruit ...but those foods are off-limits for me, unfortunately. Can anyone recommend anything to me? What do you guys have for breakfast?

Hummm... sorry to hear about your problem, I don't think I could stop myself from indulging myself with a candy bar in between running to class once in awhile.

I usually don't eat breakfast because my first meal is always past 12:00(it's not that I'm lazy, well I am but It's just that I don't feel the need to eat early in the morning).

I can recommend a cup of orange juice(best kind of juice you can get easily) and a banana(or apple). It's light and it's healthy.

Just because I recommend it doesn't mean I follow it of course, because I end up with a bagel and a diet coke(the black elixir of life) at around 1 pm.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:09   Link #25
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'd eat lots of breakfast sausage.
(Can you eat potatoes?) If so, then maybe potatoe pancakes.

Is corn flower okay? If so then maybe corn flower tortillas with veggies.
According to Bone's descriptions... I wouldn't put any carbo-based food past her... corn-base tortilla... sounds carby to me... though I'm not sure about corn, I am so very sure about potato being basically pure carb.

That's the good thing about soy--It's protein, but bad for variety if one were to be stuck in one cooking style/culture

There are so many soy-based "carb-substitutes" out there like Equal for sugar, probably invented along with the "meat/dairy-substitutes." That's why I suggest looking into the Vegan recipes

And to Slade: you found the secret to my powers! Gah I shall have you chug Moutain Dew!
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:54   Link #26
Lyreleaf
Ecchi-rific

Hehe, trust me, Slade, I've been tempted many times to just give in and induldge myself in a candy bar.

And yes, anything carb-related = poison for me. So, cornflour's no good. Bagels are out too.

As for beef... lol Trust me, I get enough of that during lunch and dinner. And fish...bleh. I'm really not the biggest fish lover.

As for potatoes, white potatoes are no good. But red potatoes and sweet potatoes are fine. Potato pancakes might work. Maybe I could try making sweet potato pie if I can make a soy crust....that might be good. Maybe some hash browns too... ^^

Anybody got any more ideas?
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:43   Link #27
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
This is more of a Dinner/Lunch food, but try spagetti squash.

It's actually just squash with a spagetti like form. My mom makes it all the time (tastes good). You can mix it with meatballs or vegetables or whatever. Here's directions on how to prepare it. Obviously you won't include the stuff you can't eat.
http://www.scdrecipe.com/r_046_00005.html

Stuffed Peppers is another idea.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 10:25   Link #28
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
hmm I have an aunt who diabetic, I can probably help you lazybone if you can tell me what you can and can have i.e sugar, carbs, salt, etc ^__^

Maybe even come up with a recipe for ya ;-)
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 12:14   Link #29
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-kun
hmm I have an aunt who diabetic, I can probably help you lazybone if you can tell me what you can and can have i.e sugar, carbs, salt, etc ^__^

Maybe even come up with a recipe for ya ;-)
Yay! Bun-kun to the rescue! I thought we lost ya for a minute there How was the Cambodia trip?
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 13:08   Link #30
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I saw bread made of potatoes in supermarket. Are they no good too? How about caseroll?

Do you like rice? ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-04-25 at 13:47.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:10   Link #31

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
I eat rice, eggs, and spam and sometimes hasbrowns for breakfast. THat's when I get up in time to do so . Most people don't like spam, but rice and eggs I find really gives me some energy for the morning. I love hashbrowns, so I make those everyday, I usually don't even eat them in the morning, I'll just make them for lunch. But like someone else mentioned, soy-based would be the way to go. Good luck in your search for the breakfast of Champions.

Old 2004-04-25, 15:11   Link #32
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
I eat rice, eggs, and spam and sometimes hasbrowns for breakfast. THat's when I get up in time to do so . Most people don't like spam, but rice and eggs I find really gives me some energy for the morning. I love hashbrowns, so I make those everyday, I usually don't even eat them in the morning, I'll just make them for lunch. But like someone else mentioned, soy-based would be the way to go. Good luck in your search for the breakfast of Champions.

Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:20   Link #33
Sethi
StormRider

I am in the same situation as Slade, i only eat past 12.00, because some of the times i am still sleeping and when i am not i hardly eat soon in the morning because i really don't feel the need to do so.
But when i do eat in the morning(which is rare) most of the times is a orange juice with a small sandwich which is enough for me
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:28   Link #34
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-kun
ewww spam, rice and eggs are good though
spam is good.

i like spam..

not the posting kind of spam mind you.

i would say (in general) banana+cinnamon+peanutbutter on toast.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:00   Link #35
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I am in the same situation as Slade, i only eat past 12.00, because some of the times i am still sleeping and when i am not i hardly eat soon in the morning because i really don't feel the need to do so.
But when i do eat in the morning(which is rare) most of the times is a orange juice with a small sandwich which is enough for me
That's just lazyness. ^^

Breakfast is good for you.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 11:04   Link #36
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

What about a cup of milk and cookies?Hehehehe,they always brighten my day!!
Elhaym Van Houten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 18:28   Link #37
Gundam Zero Force

Darn . . . I can;t be any help here . . I never eat breakfast . . . . only when I am at College when it is 6:00am in the morning . . . you can forget seeing me eat breakfast during breaks like Chritmas and stuff . . . I just skip it and go to lunch . . . . I never was awake enough to cook something and Cereal just sucks . . . .I'd rather sleep instead
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 18:40   Link #38
Knightmare213

If you're in college, or any other higher-education-level institution, it's doubly important to eat breakfast. Skipping it to get more sleep is no excuse. Period.

Too much sleep can harm you, just as too little sleep can screw you up. Breakfast is the most important meal. Having a crappy breakfast will ruin your day, and how your mind works. If you don't want to cook, buy some already-baked muffins or another kind of bread with either juice, a cup of instant coffee or altogether.

Remember...breakfast is important...just as dinner is.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 18:53   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

If I don't eat breakfast, I can't function for the first two periods of the day, which is DEATH for me, given that I have Physics and AP statistics.

If I don't eat, my cognitive faculties take a leave of absence.
Old 2006-12-22, 20:53   Link #40
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Breakfast.... Have'nt had one of those in ages. I just can eat any food early in the day. My first meal of the days is around 15-16:00 :3