AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 19:35   Link #41
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, you'll find out in Water 7 who fixed the ship. There's not way you could possibly guess, and the information will do you no good until you get to that point in the story anyway.

BTW, someone said that AoKiji hinted that Roger was Luffy's grandfather.
No he did not. All he said was that he dealt with his grandfather, and Luffy seemed nervous. I would think that Luffy would gladly announce that Roger is his grandfather, not try to hide it, unless he was sworn to secrecy or something. But in any case, it's still a mystery.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:13   Link #42
festosis

Thanks I guess it should be coming up soon then. I recently started the water 7 arc and skipped all the filler. It was a shame how they butchered the Davy Back Fight arc. But I guess in the end it all worked well, but the whole rematch thing I did not watch I jumped from Sanji's and Zoro's victory to the final fight.
Old 2006-01-14, 14:57   Link #43
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I wonder if Buggy and Shanks came from Whitebeards crew.

What crew is Mihawk from?

When will we see all of the Shichibukai?
Old 2006-01-14, 15:47   Link #44
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

It is possible, we simply do not know at the moment.
The questions about the Shichbuckai will be answered in due time.
Old 2006-01-15, 20:40   Link #45
ninraven

- what is one piece
- what's with the "d"
- 100 missing years of history
- Pluton
- the rest of the shichibukai
- the piece of paper ace gave luffy *havent seen anyone mention this yet*
- Dragon's intrest in luffy
- All blue
- What makes Shanks so strong
- Why was Luffy nervous when Ao-Kiji mentioned his grandfather
- Who the other two admirals are (Ao-kiji is one of three)

Who knows when these will be answered because there is an unlimited amount of islands on the grandline.

As far as anime goes, theres One Piece, and then theres everything else.
Old 2006-01-16, 14:28   Link #46
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
- what is one piece
- what's with the "d"
- 100 missing years of history
- Pluton
- the rest of the shichibukai
- the piece of paper ace gave luffy *havent seen anyone mention this yet*
- Dragon's intrest in luffy
- All blue
- What makes Shanks so strong
- Why was Luffy nervous when Ao-Kiji mentioned his grandfather
- Who the other two admirals are (Ao-kiji is one of three)

Who knows when these will be answered because there is an unlimited amount of islands on the grandline.

As far as anime goes, theres One Piece, and then theres everything else.
These are all good questions, alot of mysteries indeed. I can answer some of those questions for you.

The Other two Admirals are Red Dog and Yellow Monkey, I honestly believe Smoker should be an Admiral if it were not for his attitude.

What makes Shanks so strong is that he is a charasmatic character. He leads one of the most powerful groups in the seas. As you seen so far in One Piece Shanks seems to know very powerful and high profile characters in One Piece. He seems to know Whitebeard and Mihawk personally and these two individuals respect Shanks. Shanks in the past had world top class skills in swordsmanship because he rivaled the greatest Swordsman, Mihawk. I'd say that this is a couple of reasons why he is so strong.

The will of D. I am going to take a guess and say it means A will of a dreamer. Just because everyone in One Piece has big dreams.
Old 2006-01-17, 10:51   Link #47
JokerD

I'm more mystified by the pirate king Gol D Roger.

What is his 'best' treasure?
'One Piece'? What the heck is that? All I've heard of it is when someone shouted out "Where is One Piece?" on the execuation gound. To which his answer is "I left it all there" Question and answer doesn't tell us anything.

What did he do?
Sail to the end of the grand line? where the heck is that? Is it that dangerous? Who can verify that? And if he and his crew can do something no one else can, how the heck did he get caught by the government?

The person himself.
Started(?) out on west blue, the 'weakest of the seas' Became pirate king. Even gone to Skypie before and left writing in the ancient language. How did he know that? What of his ship? Crew? For a legendary person in the world, we sure don't don't hear a lot about his exploits other than the place his been and his death.
And the will of D, what the heck is that, and his relation to the other D people in OP.

So many mysteries, I wonder how long the manga can go on for.
Old 2006-01-21, 06:31   Link #48
Sir_Crocodile
Mr.0

The question about Pluton is answered in Water 7
They say it's a huge and dangerous Battle Ship that the Marine tries to find.
The blue prints were stolen.The ship was build by Tom inventor of Puffing Tom the sea train.

The end of the grand line is a the last island on the Grand Line.The island is called:
Raftel
Old 2006-01-21, 09:54   Link #49
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Crocodile
The question about Pluton is answered in Water 7
They say it's a huge and dangerous Battle Ship that the Marine tries to find.
The blue prints were stolen.The ship was build by Tom inventor of Puffing Tom the sea train.
The greatest ship that Tom was known for building was Gold Roder's ship, he never built the Pluton
The Pluton is said to be a ship/weapon that existed hundreds of years ago, dating back to the dark history... Hence the reason why Robin, the one who can read the stones is crucial to bringing it into existence

The Blue prints for the Pluton is something that was passed down to Tom
Old 2006-01-21, 15:32   Link #50
Phenomenal
Banned

Wow well said Slayerx man you are the man with the info!
Old 2006-01-24, 22:37   Link #51
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

about shanks being a shichibukai.... i don't think it's possible. all the shichibukai ahve to leave their crews, no? so why would shanks still be with ben beckman, lucky rouxe, yassop and the numerous other pirates. i suppose shanks could be a rogue shichibukai like crocodile, but why would he propose to merge with white beard? although white beard laughed it off, shanks seems to be scheming something.
gol d. roger's ship was called the 'oro jackson'. tom only has the blueprints to pluton, which he handed down to iceburg, who in turn gave it to frank aka cutty flam. why tom had the blueprints to begin with, who know. maybe since he was considered the greatest ship wright in the world.
i don't think aokiji defeated gol d. roger. it seems like he would be too young...
sengoku may have, but we don't know if he's even a physical force to reckon with, yet. could roger have been defeated by the marines? possibly. there's always someone stronger out there.
has anyone thought of akainu or kizaru? i mean they must be on par with aokiji, who happens to kick major ass. so even if luffy manages to defeat him... there's still a crap ton of power out there. also, any thoughts on their possible powers?
Old 2006-01-25, 15:25   Link #52
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato_D
about shanks being a shichibukai.... i don't think it's possible. all the shichibukai ahve to leave their crews, no? so why would shanks still be with ben beckman, lucky rouxe, yassop and the numerous other pirates. i suppose shanks could be a rogue shichibukai like crocodile, but why would he propose to merge with white beard? although white beard laughed it off, shanks seems to be scheming something.
gol d. roger's ship was called the 'oro jackson'. tom only has the blueprints to pluton, which he handed down to iceburg, who in turn gave it to frank aka cutty flam. why tom had the blueprints to begin with, who know. maybe since he was considered the greatest ship wright in the world.
i don't think aokiji defeated gol d. roger. it seems like he would be too young...
sengoku may have, but we don't know if he's even a physical force to reckon with, yet. could roger have been defeated by the marines? possibly. there's always someone stronger out there.
has anyone thought of akainu or kizaru? i mean they must be on par with aokiji, who happens to kick major ass. so even if luffy manages to defeat him... there's still a crap ton of power out there. also, any thoughts on their possible powers?

First of all who said that you have to leave your crew to become Shichibukai? It was never stated in the manga or anime. Where does everybody get this Idea that Shanks and Whitebeard want to merge and join up? Shanks letter said nothing about that. Whitebeard simply said that the letter was about Ace and Blackbeard. I doubt the Strongest man in the world and the closest to One Piece would merge with anyone right now.

Someone from the government had to defeat Gol D. Roger or he simply turned himself in. The Government was the one who captured him.

About the three marine Admirals It was said out of Red Dog, Yellow Monkey, and Blue Phesant that Aokiji is the strongest.
Old 2006-01-25, 21:54   Link #53
Phenomenal
Banned

How far behind is the anime to the manga?

How many more episodes until the Luffy vs. Blueno fight?

Will it air anytime soon it is just so sloooooow!
Old 2006-01-25, 22:47   Link #54
Slayerx

Luffy vs Blueno is WAY off... they haven't even gotten through the fight on the train... the subber i'm keeping track with just finished the Franky flash back
Old 2006-01-26, 18:35   Link #55
Phenomenal
Banned

Thankyou Slayerx, so it looks like i will have to wait a month. How cruel.
Old 2006-01-28, 04:26   Link #56
ninraven

another mystery i think everyone forgot about. The super-giants in episode 145. The sillhuettes had wings so i thought they were from skypiea, but theres been no evidence thus far. I've only seen up to 170. So i don't know if they show up again, but i don't think they do.

They weren't just mere giants. They were standing in the ocean as if it was a wading pool, and their presence made it turn into night. It's going to be interesting if the straw hats have to fight them someday. Even luffy and zoro were scared.

Quote:
How far behind is the anime to the manga?
about 30 chapters i believe, which could roughly translate into 25-30 episodes...i think. Ugh im still mad at myself for giving in and reading ahead of the manga. Now i have 30 weeks to wait until i see something i dont know about. I swear, reading manga feels like reading spoilers when im watching the anime.

But I wonder, how long does it take to make an episode and does Oda give Toei rough drafts so they can start animation earlier? I'm sure Oda doesn't go week to week and submit, but must have a few chapters ahead stocked up.

I remember talking with someone and saying simpson episodes take about 9 months to make. I have no clue how long an anime episode takes to make.

Quote:
The Other two Admirals are Red Dog and Yellow Monkey
That does me as good as calling them Admiral A and Admiral B though. Gotta see them, and see how strong they are, and how they fight for the true mystery to be revealed, lol.
Old 2006-01-28, 11:45   Link #57
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

The Red Dog or Akainu made his appearnce in the Latest Manga chapter- he was part of the Buster Call in Ohara as VIce-Admiral.

And as for the Giants thing we saw in Episode 140 or w/e

Spoiler for :
Old 2006-03-12, 15:01   Link #58
Evanescent Dreamer
Different and proud of it

[QUOTE=daimond]One Piece is a looooong series of books and movies. But unlike some others like Inuyasha or Dragonball, One Piece is the only long series that still has development and mystery. It's not just the same old same old even after all this time. Still feels to me like the episodes are under the hundreds. But yeah, I was thinking why and I think it has to be all the mysteries. The big ones, not just the obvious ones. So I thought a count of all the things we still need to know before the series end would be interesting. A lot of them are probably related.

* What the heck is one piece
* WHO THE HELL IS MONKEY D. LUFFY!!!!??? the guy drifts by in a barrel and there the story starts. Where's he come from, why does he aim for a pirate. It took forever to find out he had a brother.
* WHO SAVED LUFFY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO GET DECAPITATED??? I'd almost forgotten before I started counting. But it was some guy that could control the weather, not just lightning because we've met the lightning fruit eater. Smoker asks though, why did whoever save Luffy when Buggy was about to cut his head off. I mite be wrong about this but it was made pretty clear that it was someone, not destiny or wutever.
QUOTE]

* ONE PIECE is the biggest treasure in the world and the most exspensive
* MONKEY D. LUFFY is the main character. Ill explain why he aims for the pirate life. Shanks is the captain of the Red-Haired Pirate crew. Shanks arrived on a small village and decided to stay for a while. He was admired by Monkey D. Luffy, a boy from the village.
Shanks refused to take Luffy as one of his pirate crew, because he knew that Luffy couldn't swim very well. To become a pirate crew member of Shanks, Luffy trained hard so that he could swim.

One day, Luffy tried to show everyone that he was worthy to be a pirate by carrying a knife. Everyone laughed and reckoned he was joking. But he wasn't and to proove how serious he was Luffy took the knife and cut himself under his left eye infront of everyone (thus the origin behind the scar under his left eye)But this action of his did not change Shanks' mind. One Day a group of mountain bandits came to a bar and asked for beer, only Shanks and his crew drank it all. Shanks offered the bandits' leader a clean, unopened bottle, only to have it smashed on his head. But despite this abuse, Shanks didn't seem to be mad, but rather helped the bartender clean up the mess. Luffy was mad about Shanks' refusal to fight back and accidently ate the GumGum fruit, much to his hero's displeasure.

Luffy managed to find the bandits and demanded them to apologize to Shanks, only to make their boss angry and tried to teach Luffy a lesson. But Shanks showed up and drew the line, that he's fine with being abused but attacking little kids is unforgivable. As his crew dealt with the bandits, the bandit leader took Luffy to the coast and threw him in the water as a Seaking (a monstrous Moray-like creature) ate the bandit and was about to do the same to Luffy.

But Shanks rescued Luffy from the monstrous beast, at the cost of his left arm, and frightened the Seaking away with his scowl. Shanks decided to leave the village. But when he was leaving Luffy said, " I'm going to get One Piece and become King of the Pirates!" (now remember luffy was only seven at this time but this was after Gold D. Roger was killed by the Marines.) Shanks gave Luffy his precious hat, the trademark of the Red-Haired Pirates and said, " Then I give you my precious hat, and someday you will return it to me as an oustanding pirate. It's a promise, ok?" Luffy agreed to the promise. That is why his dream of becoming king of the pirates and Shanks' hat is so precious to him.

*Since you said that the rescuer had more than just the power of lightning That would make Luffy's rescuer Dragon. He has the ability to control the weather which would hint that there is a legendary cursed fruit that allows him to do so. He saves Luffy because he said to Captian Smoker that he doesnt want anyone to stop Luffy from fulfilling his destiny.

That is all i currently know. Im sorry that i could not help you with the other mysteries.
Old 2006-03-12, 15:11   Link #59
UberDork

The Real One Piece is the place where East West North and South come together and all fishes can be found

That is One Piece!!!

I am sorry I spoilt this for you guys
Old 2006-06-13, 00:09   Link #60
tidus0728

Quote:
The Real One Piece is the place where East West North and South come together and all fishes can be found
Don't you mean All Blue?

As for one piece I'm guessing they are either

A dress?
Ancient Weapon.
Something not physical but rather symbolic (friendship, love, etc)

Some other mysteries I still have are

- How did Gold D Roger know how to read/write ancient tex (refer to skipier)
- The ones who have name of D (Luffy, Ace, Blackbeard, Paul)
- Origin of Devils Fruit
- What was the Missing/Dark History government is trying to hide?
Closed Thread