AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 00:27   Link #401
Illuminati

Hmm you shoudn't have spoiled Chrono Crusade ending.. I haven't seen it yet.
Old 2009-03-28, 00:36   Link #402
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza View Post
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...909&attid=6853 very good review. Pretty much sums up why Toradora is just below average.
Interesting I've found a normal. review
Old 2009-03-28, 01:19   Link #403
Kelvets

Now, the million-dollar question:

Did they make love? =D
Old 2009-03-28, 01:29   Link #404
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvets View Post

Did they make love? =D
Most likely.

I don't think the whole "mou ichidou" thing would have stopped with just that, heh.
Old 2009-03-28, 01:35   Link #405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Did they make love? =D
Left to the reader's imagination and for the doujinshi people to speculate over....
Old 2009-03-28, 02:12   Link #406
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:

Did they make love? =D
I would believe no, though mostly because Ryuji didn't spend all next day cleaning the bed sheets. So it probably went something like: "So do you want to..." *whack* "Shut up and go to sleep already."
Old 2009-03-28, 02:25   Link #407
Tri-ring

Quote:

Did they make love? =D
Watching the episode, my response is;

Does it really matter?

If I really need to guess I would say no since Taiga didn't bitch on the way back how her groin hurts and bark at Ryuji for not being more "gentle" at things.
Old 2009-03-28, 03:04   Link #408
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:

Did they make love? =D
I would also say no. Doing it the first time around would be very messy. I don't think Ryuuji would be able to stand it, especially with white sheets they were using.

He most probably had blue balls for over a year.
Old 2009-03-28, 03:51   Link #409
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
After watching the ending and reading some of the novel spoilers, I have to give this Episode a 10 out of 10. I wanted to give this a 9, but there were just so many wonderful scenes.

-I think if you didn't love Ya-chan, you will immediately love her from this episode. She's just such a wonderful character under the disguise of a cute bottle fairy.
-One more....one more...one more... (Self explanatory) Hell, the entire scene of the Taiga and Ryuuji in their own world was just amazing.
-The LARGE photo done by the group.
-Ami's explanation to how she felt about Taiga and her own personality.
-Taiga and Ryuuji on the bus.

The scenes that hurt parts of the episode:

-Minori slapping Ryuuji. Why?! Can you just leave the poor guy alone? It feels like that's a recurring thing, she acts before thinking.

-The VERY ending. I think many people are going to have a sour taste in their mouths from the "tsundere-anger" response. Accompanied by a headbutt. I think the time difference made it a bit less emotional and likeable, but knowing that the novels have it set up different really makes me feel happy. If it did that, I think I really would of called this the best episode of the series.
Old 2009-03-28, 04:01   Link #410
Kafriel
Senior Guest

10/10 here as well, I feel like I've seen this ending before but it was still very good, I loved the scene where the teacher said "but we'll do our best to support her,right?" and everyone starts texting xD
Old 2009-03-28, 04:24   Link #411
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
After watching the ending and reading some of the novel spoilers, I have to give this Episode a 10 out of 10. I wanted to give this a 9, but there were just so many wonderful scenes.

-I think if you didn't love Ya-chan, you will immediately love her from this episode. She's just such a wonderful character under the disguise of a cute bottle fairy.
-One more....one more...one more... (Self explanatory) Hell, the entire scene of the Taiga and Ryuuji in their own world was just amazing.
-The LARGE photo done by the group.
-Ami's explanation to how she felt about Taiga and her own personality.
-Taiga and Ryuuji on the bus.

The scenes that hurt parts of the episode:

-Minori slapping Ryuuji. Why?! Can you just leave the poor guy alone? It feels like that's a recurring thing, she acts before thinking.

-The VERY ending. I think many people are going to have a sour taste in their mouths from the "tsundere-anger" response. Accompanied by a headbutt. I think the time difference made it a bit less emotional and likeable, but knowing that the novels have it set up different really makes me feel happy. If it did that, I think I really would of called this the best episode of the series.
I loved that part. it really showed that even though Taiga's grown up a bit, she's still Taiga. getting flustered and embarrassed, then catching herself and getting angry at Ryuuji for saying something so embarrassing where they were.

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-28, 04:32   Link #412
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
I loved that part. it really showed that even though Taiga's grown up a bit, she's still Taiga. getting flustered and embarrassed, then catching herself and getting angry at Ryuuji for saying something so embarrassing where they were.
It does, but I feel like they should of finished it up though with Taiga and Ryuuji are smiling or something. Panning away and ending on that note almost shows that there has been no improvement by Taiga. (We know there is, but still...)
Old 2009-03-28, 04:36   Link #413
wistfulloner

Quote:
What's wrong with it? Besides the fact that Toradora ended right after that scene, I didn't feel that ending on a lighthearted note was bad.
Old 2009-03-28, 04:51   Link #414
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
It does, but I feel like they should of finished it up though with Taiga and Ryuuji are smiling or something. Panning away and ending on that note almost shows that there has been no improvement by Taiga. (We know there is, but still...)
it doesn't really show that there hasn't been any improvement in her. she gets mad because she wished that he had said that he loved her in a nicer place (and not after he finds her hiding in a locker)
I don't know, to me it kind of shows that, even though people change and grow up, there are still some things about them that never will, because those flaws are what really make that person who they are.

I think it was the perfect way of ending the show.

もいちど。。。

Last edited by Nenkitsune; 2009-03-28 at 05:14.
Old 2009-03-28, 05:54   Link #415
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
it doesn't really show that there hasn't been any improvement in her. she gets mad because she wished that he had said that he loved her in a nicer place (and not after he finds her hiding in a locker)
I don't know, to me it kind of shows that, even though people change and grow up, there are still some things about them that never will, because those flaws are what really make that person who they are.

I think it was the perfect way of ending the show.
It doesn't feel perfect to me. I think that the headbutt could of worked if they kept them on screen, showing that Taiga really does still care for Ryuuji, then it would of been nice. But ending it on that note kind of leaves a bad message to the tsundere character/relationship.

The novel's plans though feel a bit more satisfying. It's one of those situations where you think: "They've come this far and have gone through so much...I'm glad they are like this now." Taiga hitting Ryuuji, getting defensive and ending it on that note more of states that she hasn't truly grown even coming to this realization.

And when you think about it, she's told him specifically that "You never said you loved me." What do you think Ryuuji would of did if he first saw her? She really cannot put shame on him for that.
Old 2009-03-28, 06:12   Link #416
Peanutbutter

Quote:

Did they make love? =D
I was actually eagerly waiting to see how this question will be answered.

In the end, I realised whether they did it or not didn't really matter at all.
Old 2009-03-28, 07:39   Link #417
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Someone (can't find the post) said that uniform was that of a upscale girl's academy: an excellent destination for Taiga to finish out at I suppose if she went to work things out with her mom.
You might be thinking of Gakushuin Girls High School, which is an upscale girl's academy - in fact, the one attended by princesses of the imperial family and, ahem, quite a few Japanese exchange students at my uni (including one princess in the recent past... hahaha). That would still be in Tokyo, however, so it is highly unlikely that Taiga went to Gakushuin considering that she didn't see Ryuuji for a year. The anime heavily implies that Tokyo is the setting: note that Ryuuji et al boarded the train at Shinjuku when they were going to Ami's summer house.

But as Houkaholic mentioned, that sort of uniform is now much more common as a middle school uniform (of ordinary middle schools, not necessarily upscale ones)... anyhow, there are lots of theories in this thread about Taiga's uniform, but it doesn't really matter in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuji, episode 14
If I touch Taiga this much, I should be the one most likely to find happiness. // But if it were true, what would Taiga do for herself to find happiness?
Now that I know the ending, I found those lines rather sweet. The one who touched Taiga the most got his happiness directly from her, and was also the one who gave Taiga her happiness.

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-03-28 at 07:51.
Old 2009-03-28, 07:51   Link #418
SinsI

Quote:
Did they make love? =D
I bet she "transferred" out for a reason.
It would've been good to see their little baby in the end.
Old 2009-03-28, 07:55   Link #419
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I bet she "transferred" out for a reason.
It would've been good to see their little baby in the end.
In that case, they'd be as immature as Yasuko was as a teen. And Yasuko would be a grandmother in her mid thirties -_-
Old 2009-03-28, 08:04   Link #420
SinsI

She's 17, rich, has a loving dedicated boyfriend that vowed to marry her - what's immature about having sex (and a baby) under such circumstances?
Closed Thread