AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 10 15.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 19.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 34.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-02, 23:52   Link #61
deadite

Am I the only one here who likes Jirou-san? I like his quirks and expect all his experiences in the inn inspire him to make his masterpiece. It's usually the more eccentric and crazy people who make awesome art.
Old 2011-05-03, 00:07   Link #62
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
It's usually the more eccentric and crazy people who make awesome art.
I guess, but for every great artist, you get a few thousand raving loons that fail. Sadly, Jinomaru is probably doomed to not be the one.

But you never know.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-03, 00:15   Link #63
deadite

I don't know but when the MC of the show says he has talent I tend to believe he does. Ohana actually made a good argument why the guy has talent. Also, I don't think he would have stuck around in the show if he was some loser wanabee writer if he didn't have some kind of talent.
Old 2011-05-03, 03:28   Link #64
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I am not really confident in Ohana being a good judge of character yet. Or perhaps fate has it that her impressions frequently get quickly disproven.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-03, 03:52   Link #65
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Hmmm...

This is still my most anticipated show for the season but I'd have to say that this episode was the weakest so far for me. A lot of the fun of the early episodes (at least for me) was the unpredictable twists - the endings of episode 2 and 4 in particular stand out. By comparison, I found this episode very predictable, and the one twist we did get - that Yuina wasn't dating Tohru - honestly felt like a letdown.

The rest of the execution was great, of course. And I'm stoked about the upcoming events (Ko visiting, learning what the deal is with the management consultant and the uncle).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-05-03, 07:20   Link #66
VentAileron

I really doubt the show will be focussed on romance, I also really hope it doesn't focus on romance. But then again, I may be very wrong.

If I were to look into my glass sphere I would say the series will go with mini-arcs of ~2 episodes long with the first one being the bridge between the previous arc and the new one.
It's really hard to guess where the series is going though; after the fast developments of episode 1 and the less faster developments of episode 2, the show kind of lost its former pacing and direction after episode 2. Episode 3 was just plain weird. 4 and 5 introduced us to Yuina, only briefly showed us Fukuya and focussed on Minko, but nothing else happens really. Except Ohana texting Ko, which may or may not be a plot device.

The only plot that survives the transitions of the episodes is the relationship between Ohana and Ko.
Old 2011-05-03, 07:30   Link #67
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Am I the only one here who likes Jirou-san? I like his quirks and expect all his experiences in the inn inspire him to make his masterpiece. It's usually the more eccentric and crazy people who make awesome art.
I feel a great deal of sympathy for him. All he desires is to write a great novel - and after he got some Ohana therapy (the best kind), he may yet get to achieve it. Whether it's because I'm a writer myself or because Jiromaru's story parallels something I've witnessed from the sidelines (sort of), I find him to be quite the interesting character.
Old 2011-05-03, 14:31   Link #68
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Voted 7/10 for this ep. Am enjoying the series thus far and last night re-watched it straight through from ep 1 to 5.
Old 2011-05-03, 16:02   Link #69
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I love Ohana's voice actor, but I absolutely hate Minko's. Her voice cracking every time she raises her voice is freaking painful.

That being said, I still love this anime. I'm not typically into slice-of-life genre anime, but this one is really great.
Old 2011-05-04, 21:39   Link #70
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I love Ohana's voice actor, but I absolutely hate Minko's. Her voice cracking every time she raises her voice is freaking painful.

That being said, I still love this anime. I'm not typically into slice-of-life genre anime, but this one is really great.
I concur. Minko's voice is painful to hear especially in this episode because she winces so much.

I love the first 3 episodes of this anime, episode 4 and 5 are just not for me. Perhaps this episode is good for entertainment, but I don't watch anime to entertain myself...
Old 2011-05-05, 00:45   Link #71
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
I concur. Minko's voice is painful to hear especially in this episode because she winces so much.

I love the first 3 episodes of this anime, episode 4 and 5 are just not for me. Perhaps this episode is good for entertainment, but I don't watch anime to entertain myself...
Third. She's like the ultra negative force to balance out Yuina's fake accents (which i kinda fall in love to)

Minko and her unrequited love with lots of baluts are quite hard to swallow. Hopefully they head on a new arc next episode
Old 2011-05-05, 16:41   Link #72
dark998

Should have figured everything was a misunderstanding. But at least now Minko accepts Ohana a bit more (Just a bit but hey, it is a good start)
Old 2011-05-06, 00:39   Link #73
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm worried that the series will have a habit of resorting to random events/"drama" involving other characters in order to strengthen bonds between two OTHER other characters. It's only episode five, so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's something I'd rather not see too much of.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:54   Link #74
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's not Jirou-san. It's yamakan in disguise.

Yamakan is the best character.
Old 2011-05-06, 23:15   Link #75
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm worried that the series will have a habit of resorting to random events/"drama" involving other characters in order to strengthen bonds between two OTHER other characters. It's only episode five, so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's something I'd rather not see too much of.
It is a slice of life / melodrama, what did you expect

I just hope they don't overdo it, afterall the audience is not OLs, like NoitaminA

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-05-06 at 23:16. Reason: typos
Closed Thread