AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-23, 03:40   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 668 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

And now for this week's dose of OP! Credit goes to T and AP's CCC for the spoilers:

-Chapter title is "Pirate Alliance". The ministory has reached its final volume, which features the tombs of the fallen Ace and Whitebeard.

-Luffy asks which of the Yonkou Law plans to take down. Law answers, but us readers don't "hear" his response. Surprisingly, Luffy accepts the offer!

-Luffy's group and Law then return to Usopp and Robin, and fill them in on the situation. Robin is wary of the deal, as Law could betray them, but the warlord assures them he won't. Luffy says even if he does become a traitor, it shouldn't be a big problem due to everyone's training. That being said, Law returns Franky and Chopper to their original bodies, though Nami is forced to stay in Sanji's body for now due to her original one being in enemy hands.

-Chopper and Nami want to help the children, and Law says that the government has been researching methods to turn kids into giants, though CC seems to have already accomplished that much under their (and Vegapunk's) nose. The crew and Law then reach an agreement for their current situation: Luffy's group will locate the samurai while Law and Chopper will conduct their own research on the giant kids and their drugs. The warlord then brings up Caesar, and says that those who haven't mastered haki shouldn't fight him. Luffy confirms that he, Zoro, Sanji, and Law are all capable of using it, and Law says that the four of them should work towards capturing CC. With the scientist's capture, the shichibukai's plan can finally go into motion, and he warns that there will be no going back once this operation goes underway.....

-At CC's lab, the master's servants are busy fighting the marines. However, the master himself unleashes his newest pet into the fray: A giant slimelike creature that proceeds to destroy them all.....

Man, another info-packed chapter! I'm actually rather surprised that Luffy's going along with Law's plan so soon (at least without consulting his crew first). Personally, I'm still thinking that either Blackbeard or Kaidou is Law's target, though Big Mom's certainly a possibility as well. And hey, we finally get confirmation of the monster trio all being haki users! Though this makes me wonder if Nami would be able to use it now that she's in Sanji's body.....

BTW, something amusing to note is that Chopper was resting on top of Law's hat since his body was exhausted from Franky's rampage from last chapter. I suppose it'll be interesting to see further interaction between both doctors. And I'm definitely interested in this new guardian that CC brought out. Since it's apparently a slime, I wonder if it's a logia DF user? Could make for an interesting match for one of the monster trio, after all. And now that the ministory has ended (and a fitting last volume it is too), I hope the next one will finally feature a post-skip Foxy......
Old 2012-05-23, 04:05   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wow... I originally thought Zoro would probably end up with Haki... but to find out Sanji has it too?

Guess that's why they're the Monster Trio~
Old 2012-05-23, 05:17   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Don't worry, we're doctors."

Law's face is so...

Since Luffy accepted Law's offer so readily, I'm guessing Law's target is most likely Big Mom. I think BlackBeard is out of the question since Luffy might want to take him down by himself. Besides, it's too early for BB to be defeated.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:25   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

About Nami using Haki in Sanji's body...I doubt it, Haki as always been a more psychological thing to me than physical (regardless of which type) so I'm betting that Sanji and use it in Nami's body but not the other way around. It's one's resolve that matters.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:12   Link #5
Valky
Radioactive

Honestly, I didn't expect Luffy to agree to form an alliance with Law. But it seems fun and I wonder which Yonkou they're going to take on.

Poor Nami, she can't go back to her own body, lol.

And LMAO at Law's face when Chopper is riding him, on his head. . But in the end, Chopper got hung like a handphone strap, I guess that makes him "sword strap", lol.

Btw, figures, only the big three are able to use haki, atm. (See, Sanji could use haki! Luffy said so!)

WHOA, we have SLIME! A monster that even beginner in RPG should be able to beat .. yet it's so massive here.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:15   Link #6
andy

This chapter was awesome .
Old 2012-05-23, 08:21   Link #7
james0246

LOL, so we don't know which Yonkou Luffy and Law will target. Not very surprising, but still disappointing.

Still, this looks like it'll be a more interesting chapter than the last few.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:23   Link #8
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Law is never going to live this down now.

I also bet that Law is already regretting making an alliance with someone who has an IQ of 5 and equates alliance to friendship...

Highlight of the chapter for me is...actually a tie between Chopper Hat, Chopper Strap and Robin stating that she NEVER wants to see Franky in Chopper's body ever again...ever.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:27   Link #9
tsunade666

what the hell was with that SLIME! first dragon then slime. It's turning into dragon quest theme which I like but what an ugly big slime and at first it reminds me of that poison fruit user warden. DQ slime is cuter
Old 2012-05-23, 08:34   Link #10
Valky
Radioactive

I actually expect it to be Kaidou or BB. Since I would like Luffy to beat Big Mom without any help from anyone.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:59   Link #11
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I actually expect it to be Kaidou or BB. Since I would like Luffy to beat Big Mom without any help from anyone.
If Luffy can beat Big Mom by him self why would he need anybody help for the others.
I expect the SH will fight Big Mom main players and Law and who ever else he teams up with will fight the other members .
You have to remember the Yonkou crews are huge.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:03   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

We are not starting another "Are the Strawhats strong enough to beat a Yokou?" discussion... >_>
Old 2012-05-23, 09:12   Link #13
yakumo-chan

i have a feeling its shanks, since luffy replied with a happy smile,
it can be Big Mama, - reason why she might be big is because of CC's candy
or Blackbeard..
but definitely not Kaido since Luffy doesnt know anything about him
Old 2012-05-23, 09:16   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
i have a feeling its shanks, since he replied a happy smile,
or blackbeard too
You have a feeling that he's happy about defeating the guy he idolizes and never shown anything but admiration for...The only one of the emperors he knows isn't an evil bastard that takes advantage of others...you think Luffy is abso-fucking-lutely ecstatic about beating up Shanks...

Ok...
Old 2012-05-23, 09:18   Link #15
yakumo-chan

its because he is going to see him again that is why I think he smiled, also he vowed to defeat shanks 12 years ago
Old 2012-05-23, 09:22   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
its because he is going to see him again that is why I think he smiled
Meeting and defeating...two different things...two very different things....

Quote:
also he vowed to defeat shanks 12 years ago
Wait..what...who...when!? I don't remember Luffy ever saying he wants to DEFEAT Shanks...
Old 2012-05-23, 09:25   Link #17
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
If Luffy can beat Big Mom by him self why would he need anybody help for the others.
I expect the SH will fight Big Mom main players and Law and who ever else he teams up with will fight the other members .
You have to remember the Yonkou crews are huge.
Meh, we don't really know how big Big Mom's/Kaidou's crews are. You can't say for sure Big Mom's crew is huge without looking at it. What we know so far is BB and Shanks, and while Shanks have many crews, BB doesn't seems so.

Anyway, I did say beat Big Mom, herself. Since Luffy already asked war with her, so I expect him to beat her, alone.

And nah, I don't think it Shanks, Luffy did want to surpass Shanks, but I wonder if he want to do it with alliance (or friendship as he thought).
Old 2012-05-23, 09:29   Link #18
yakumo-chan

but he did said he is going to have a crew stronger than him,
and to be a pirate king, then shanks said "you will be better than us eh?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Meeting and defeating...two different things...two very different things....
But you have to meet him to defeat him
is it possible to defeat a person by not meeting him??

hmmm but yeah maybe I was wrong,.. If luffy wants to defeat shanks, its gotta be his own crew not an alliance
maybe its blackbeard since he already met him
or Big mam. but I dont think its Kaido
Old 2012-05-23, 09:29   Link #19
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

http://tinypic.com/r/2sbam0x/6

well at least it's official that zoro and sanji can use haki now. Now the question I have is, how skilled are they with it, and of what types. It's easy to assume from the clip that it's just the Armaments one.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:34   Link #20
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
but he did said he is going to have a crew stronger than him,
and to be a pirate king, then shanks said "you will be better than us eh?"
hmmm yeah maybe I was wrong,..
Having a crew stronger than his and surpassing him are two things that do no require both of them fighting at all. Want to surpass Shanks? Reach Raftel and become Pirate King before him...
Closed Thread