AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 01:11   Link #141
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

3 days. I might go for gunblade girl off the bet, but have a feeling I might get seduced by the Lily-clone, only end up searching the whole continent to satisfy my angel fetish (damn Mirai for coining that term in my head).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 01:31   Link #142
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'd probably go for her too, but the way her unit controlled in combat...ugh. I lost count of how many times her troops just charged ahead and got themselves mowed down. Stupid controls (or lack of them, in this case).
Old 2013-04-23, 08:36   Link #143
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Hopefully they fixed it... I mean that was like one of the top complaints.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:02   Link #144
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, yeah. Hopefully. But now the artificial restriction (re: the timer) placed during the battles make sense.
Old 2013-04-24, 01:12   Link #145
Drkz

Spoiler for Why do they do this....:

With figures like these no wonder there was never a anime adaption...
Old 2013-04-24, 01:16   Link #146
Key Board
Carbon

At least it's not this

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 01:21   Link #147
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Spoiler for Why do they do this....:

With figures like these no wonder there was never a anime adaption...
I think I saw that on their twitter: its not too bad, I don't mind having one around (doesn't mean I will spend money on it).

2 days...
I both like and dislike the timer. I feel the presence of a timer will just encourage zerging the enemy and completely the objective with brute force (in demo you can use some cheesy tactics such as kiting away enemy armies while you go attack their deployment tower). On the other hand, it does apply a sense of pressure...

Going to try two squads of ranged units + a pure defensive tank squad in the beginning.

One thing I didn't like in the demo is how units level up: seem like the xp you gain is proportional to the amount of damage you dealt.

The shared energy bar also seem kind of stupid.

Edit:
the figure might look btr if:
made a little skinnier
get a better head (or just hair)
the bow tie thing is weird
Old 2013-04-24, 01:35   Link #148
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

My take on the timer was that it was an enforced solution to the problem they have with their poor gameplay, namely the lack of controls and the retarded as hell AI. The timer was probably implemented in order to make the painful experience somewhat less of a hassle, since it changes the objective from kicking the enemy's ass, to making sure that you just outlast the enemy before time runs out.

It's...not a very smooth solution, IMO. Especially when you can just distract the enemies with trees, and win by default when the clock runs out.
Old 2013-04-24, 02:08   Link #149
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

That only works for defense though: offensive battles (and I am guessing side missions) will require you to beat the timer.

I really hope they fixed the tree thing... for a game that is released on the same week as Earth Day, the hatred towards trees shouldn't be encouraged.

Putting the tree thing said, enemies like to destroy "stuff outside", making walls seem rather... useless.

Would also like to see them add more detailed descriptions to the effects of the buildings.... just 2 more days guys.... 2 more... (I am sorry if I am hoping someone to leak the game).
Old 2013-04-24, 02:34   Link #150
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Trees are the easiest to make and take up the smallest space though, so brb putting up a plantation in front of my city. Maybe the enemy countries have manpower shortages so they hired vandals, hooligans and delinquents instead? Or maybe they just really, really, REALLY hate Seraui's route in Kamidori.

That's the thing I failed to notice with the timer: the offensive battles.

I wish there were more strategic ways to engage in combat: like having the option to build moats, or the ability to pour boiling pitch and naphtha on your enemies during defensive battles; being able to use siege engines during offensive siege battles. Or even some pre-battle tactic options, like sending spies into enemy countries to spread rumors and fuel dissent/unrest, mess with their food supply, or engaging in secret trades in order to create a temporary alliance.

At least some things that would let me play out some of the events I've read in 戦記 LNs for added fun. Though I'm well-aware that I'm asking for too much, orz (who needs moats or boiling pitch when you're got shrubs and greenery to lure enemy hate onto).

OT: At least you're only dying with impatience from waiting for this. I have around 9 (!) LN titles that aren't out yet until late May/early June, and the wait for the pre-orders to open alone is killing me so badly.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-04-24 at 02:49.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 10:56   Link #151
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You just made laugh. Everyone around me now thinks I'm crazy. GO KEY BOARD.

Spoiler for Choose your waifu!:

Since I found that I should make a eushlly version . Eushully games are usually protected, I don't see why they don't do this again. The time is telling you to move yo ass! At least now your undefended guards won't get killed by the enemy who for some reason could path through your units...
Old 2013-04-24, 11:06   Link #152
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

If I recall, Escu:de loved that MOK-KOS so much they included it in Figu@Mate as well as its fandisc. I think you get an H scene with her. *shudders*

It's pixie magic. That's how they can pass through your units.
Old 2013-04-24, 11:29   Link #153
Drkz

Spoiler for For this is best kosmos!:

Some reason I feel like more pathing issues are going to show up...
Old 2013-04-24, 12:00   Link #154
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

(I am such a horrible person to be checking around for leaks)

I don't think there will be much pathing issue. The game essentially run on a 2D grid.

I am curious if they will enlighten me with alternative missions beside "kill this target" or "kill everything". SoA has this interesting bit in the beginning where Akari gets raped by slimes and you have to save her... such battles are not found later on in the game.
Old 2013-04-24, 12:03   Link #155
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Why are you guys talking about China? It's Sengoku, not Sangoku
Yeah. I did play Sengoku 3 and it was an ok game. But looking at the sengoku 4 all I can say - if that goofy happy go lucky idiot girl is supposed to be Oda Nobunaga then I will never touch that game. Reimagining and regendering is one thing but turning Oda into a goofy idiot girl is just way way too much.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:45   Link #156
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I too have a confession to make. I'm actually not all that eager to play this first - all my anticipation is actually for *gasp* Lovely x Cation 2.

(Because I'm still a huge dork for dating sims; that, and I love taking the piss out of it)

Regarding interesting objectives, I imagine something along the lines of "protect these buildings" or "defend these NPCs", I guess. That bit you mentioned in Aterial was the very first battle you encounter, if I recall.

It'd be interesting if some objectives were economical in nature, like say "sustain this city's capital income!" for story-related reasons, or something. Wars aren't won with just military might after all - but this depends largely on the story, and the sample of the story from the trial was pretty straightforward...
Old 2013-04-24, 12:59   Link #157
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

A true man dates girls while conquering countries left and right!

Good point on the econ objectives. Would be cute if special tactics can be employed during your conquest as well (ie: set up ambush, release water from a dam to flood the low grounds)
Old 2013-04-24, 13:12   Link #158
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I too have a confession to make. I'm actually not all that eager to play this first - all my anticipation is actually for *gasp* Lovely x Cation 2.

(Because I'm still a huge dork for dating sims; that, and I love taking the piss out of it)

Regarding interesting objectives, I imagine something along the lines of "protect these buildings" or "defend these NPCs", I guess. That bit you mentioned in Aterial was the very first battle you encounter, if I recall.

It'd be interesting if some objectives were economical in nature, like say "sustain this city's capital income!" for story-related reasons, or something. Wars aren't won with just military might after all - but this depends largely on the story, and the sample of the story from the trial was pretty straightforward...
Hmm. I think i know someone whose waiting for it too hahaha. Nothing wrong with dating sims... if only they where as easy as Majikoi. I wonder how money and resources come into play. I'm pretty sure angels or devils don't really need money... They should revive the kamidori shop! Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
A true man dates girls while conquering countries left and right!

Good point on the econ objectives. Would be cute if special tactics can be employed during your conquest as well (ie: set up ambush, release water from a dam to flood the low grounds)
Indeed! And doing that usually leads you to a dead end. Or a route you'll never finish! Cause your surrounded on by all sides!

Wouldn't it mean the characters would need certain stats in order to make the side objectives achievable? Now i'm thinking about sengoku rance and assassinating people; pretty sure there are better examples though. Oh the horror! Too many decisions! I'll just go find my 8bit mecha eroge game and play that!
Old 2013-04-24, 16:55   Link #159
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I admit after playing recettear I have a bit of an itch for an item store concept... its one of the cuter parts of kamidori - though over time you just end up making whatever you can and selling off unneeded goods by parking your useless characters at the store (emelita I am looking at you).

At a bit of a loss at what to look forward to after this gets released... maybe the next wave of LNs during summer months.

Looking forward to see what econ management and city building will bring. Lets hope its not just a game of collecting enough resources to build one of every building (although someone said the firm seem to offer different things to sell in each region).
Old 2013-04-24, 21:01   Link #160
Drkz

I just hope to never see something like a trust meter again. That is so annoying. One of the things that made BBA annoying. Having a SLG with macro and microeconomics! Sounds like fun. Maybe you'll just need on resource. Gold!

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg