AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-14, 22:24   Link #4581
Hakai

You did well Hitto. But there wasn't much to do against someone who's GoD level.

Also I was a bit surprised to see Champa not being a bitch about Hit's elimination, and actually appreciate the effort. Good cat.
Old 2017-10-14, 22:29   Link #4582
n0m@n
C-Z

Hit sure did better than I thought. I thought he would turn into Pikkon (old anime original character) where he was a strong fighter in the other world arc but became a fodder outside that.

So 30 fighters left when we just reached the half way point for the time remaining. In terms of fighters remaining, U7 is still winning with 7 fighters left. Though its still nothing compared to what Jiren can do in solo...
Old 2017-10-15, 00:49   Link #4583
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
"Saiyan Beyond God" (Base God non-SSJ) seems like it was intended to replace SSJG entirely, with Blue being what happens when you stack regular Super Saiyan on top of Saiyan Beyond God. At least, that's how its described both in the series, and in more detail in the material that came out alongside the film...but, they seem to have backtracked over that idea, probably because Merchandising.

Yes, even Tien knew right away that the bomb could not be powering up Goku, since the bomb wasn't strong enough to challenge Jiren.
its a more effective way of using energy that make the diff, not just a matter of size. Like taking iOS 11 vs Window 95. same amount of electricity used but diff result
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 09:28   Link #4584
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
They've still got Caulifoua and Kale, when Kale's back in full form she'll likely get some hits in.
Jiren already took out Kale easily in one shot before. He can do it again.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 10:50   Link #4585
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Jiren already took out Kale easily in one shot before. He can do it again.
Kale's Zenkai.

Jiren: ...I took my back my word about "Saiyan is interesting being. They are a bunch of BS being."
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 11:21   Link #4586
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hit actually did better than I expected. He actually got pretty close to ringing out Jiren. His strategy to lock him in time seemed pretty dumb though, since he himself couldn't move either. Did he think Toppo and Dyspo would just sit there doing nothing? It would have made more sense if he had ordered Cabba and the others to go after them specifically. Not that it would have changed anything in the end since Jiren destroyed that plan with sheer power.

I don't get why Jiren doesn't solo the whole tournament. Does fighting use up his stamina really fast (hence the need to medidate), or is he afraid he'll accidentally kill somebody if he fights weaklings (a fighter of his level should be able to control his power though)?

Freeza is playing it smart. He knows he can't do a thing against Jiren, so he's counting on Goku to take care of him for him. He knows Goku won't come out unscathed even if he wins, which also works in his favor.
Old 2017-10-15, 14:49   Link #4587
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Jiren is a damn monster.
His special ability lies in his eyes, his "Glare" seems to be an extremely powerful seeing as it stopped a spirit bomb as well as Hit's assault
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 15:00   Link #4588
GDB

Really enjoyed the Jiren vs Hit fight. It felt like if anyone had actually fought alongside of Hit, they might of been able to win. The barrier may have made that not an issue for Jiren, but if it was someone strong enough to destroy the stage they could've just blown out the ground from under him before he was able to recover himself.

To me, that's far more interesting than a power-up/shouting contest.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 15:12   Link #4589
Wandering Soul

Hit did better than I expected him to. If he had more powerful allies that could have either destroyed the stage under Jiren or push him back a little more, he might have won.

I like that while Champa was clearly frustrated at the fact that Hit got eliminated, he still praised him for how well he did.
Old 2017-10-15, 18:53   Link #4590
grecefar

It's good to see a battle outside universe 7 characters for once and it was a good fight but with that level of jiren there's nothing anyone can do for now, it was fun to see that jiren don't even acknowledge goku now.

well after hit speech I'm cheering for universe 6 saiyajins.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 02:58   Link #4591
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Sure, it's clear as day he'll still rip out Goku's spine and show it to him the first chance he gets...

...but is it a stretch to say after this episode that maybe, just maybe, Freeza actually respects (and maybe even admires) Son Goku, in a manner not dissimilar to how Dio Brando respects and admires his hated archnemesis Jonathan Joestar (JoJo The First)
Old 2017-10-16, 03:07   Link #4592
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Sure, it's clear as day he'll still rip out Goku's spine and show it to him the first chance he gets...

...but is it a stretch to say after this episode that maybe, just maybe, Freeza actually respects (and maybe even admires) Son Goku, in a manner not dissimilar to how Dio Brando respects and admires his hated archnemesis Jonathan Joestar (JoJo The First)
I think he does respect Goku to some level, when Goku returned with Ultra Instinct and the world of void started shaking Frieza said "of course, I'd expect nothing less" while smiling.
Old 2017-10-18, 22:09   Link #4593
Mister Twit

Damn, that did not go the way I thought it would. I thought for sure that Hit would awaken some sort of OP time slip power and send Jiren a few minutes into the future so that he wouldn't be able to have any effect on the tournament until he reappeared.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 23:54   Link #4594
Hakai

"Aren't you the second fiddle too?"

Damn Toppo! dat burn

Ahem, anyway so reviving the erased ones with Super Dragon Balls is finally bought up. But would Zeno allow that though. Maybe Goku will try to convince him that with every universe around he can have these fun tournaments once in a while.
Old 2017-10-22, 00:43   Link #4595
Mister Twit

Mad respect for Vegeta in this ep. Everyone else is just focused on surviving but Vegeta is looking to not only win but resurrect the Saiyan race and he needs U6 to do it. Even a prince without a kingdom is still a prince.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 01:53   Link #4596
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Mad respect for Vegeta in this ep. Everyone else is just focused on surviving but Vegeta is looking to not only win but resurrect the Saiyan race and he needs U6 to do it. Even a prince without a kingdom is still a prince.

he mean the U6 saiyan. Not his own U7 saiyan which he didn't care about.
Rem how he killed Nappa
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 02:01   Link #4597
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Rem how he killed Nappa
At this point they're completely different characters anyways, so I dont see how it invalidates his point?
Old 2017-10-22, 03:04   Link #4598
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder why would the anime keep putting Goku in the spotlight? Would it killed them to make Goku hiding at somewhere else to restore his energy rather than have everyone zergling him? How is he going to recover his energy in believable way if he keep under attack?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 04:54   Link #4599
MagusFyre

Dat Toppo burn to Vegita tho.
MagusFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 07:15   Link #4600
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
"Aren't you the second fiddle too?"
That was basically an Abridged-worthy moment .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy