AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-27, 18:14   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great season, and a perfect adaptation of that arc. Instead of reruns, I wish they had adapted all the chapters they skipped. It's a shame they decided to focus on the story driven arc last season, but I suppose the anime wasn't popular enough for them to continue to go through the whole material. At least we'll get the main story in full, and I'm grateful for that. That's more than you can say for most manga.
Old 2017-03-29, 06:00   Link #62
Knell
The Dude Abides
*Author

I'm glad they adapted this arc. I was actually afraid that they wouldn't.

But this is proof that they'll no doubt adapt the Silver Soul arc and that's all I can ask.

Also, hello fellow Gintama fans! [We're so rare where I come from. It makes me weep tears of joy to see people who love this anime/manga as much as I do.]
Knell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 09:47   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hello and welcome! There is a thread in the manga section too if you're reading it.
Old 2017-03-29, 17:29   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think Sorachi said the final arc might end in 2017, so we might have to wait until 2018 for the animated finale.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 23:42   Link #65
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Ugh..I guess I have to say it...Been feeling it for quite sometime, but I didn't want to admit it to myself...

I miss the previous format of Gintama T_T...I thought I was gonna love when they got to this hardcore part and we got to see Gintoki fight his eyepatch homie then his "master"...I can't put my finger on it because its still pretty cool, but I don't know...

Something is missing...Maybe the comedy is less organic or the shifts between when its supposed to be serious and not-serious...but for a while I've felt like something has been off, unlike the earlier seasons when tragedy and comedy flowed so effortlessly (Could it just be the setting?)...

EDIT:
LMAO, I wrote this before watching the latest episode...Man did that ending speak to my post...Gintoki literally said "You're messing with peoples' heads because (the series) is getting too serious..." And that's what it feels like, how they tacked on that hilarious ending xD...
I have the exact same opinion. Too many episodes with serious business feels weird in this series. Granted, it's an amazing battle-shonen story with fantastic characters but i noticed i prefer the small arc format to explore the main plot with everything else being just the usual gintama troll mode..lol. But i understand it would be complicated doing such transitions at this point.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 23:11   Link #66
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I have the exact same opinion. Too many episodes with serious business feels weird in this series. Granted, it's an amazing battle-shonen story with fantastic characters but i noticed i prefer the small arc format to explore the main plot with everything else being just the usual gintama troll mode..lol. But i understand it would be complicated doing such transitions at this point.
Haven't watched the finale yet but I thought the last 3 episodes did a better job...But to me, even with my gripe, the storytelling of Kagura's dad, bro, and mom was so damn good I can forgive the overall lack of comedy...

I am a shonen fighter head through and through...I've honestly watched probably 95% of the genre and very rarely have I seen an anime handle a storyline like that (with so much exposition on the mom, etc.) and do so effortlessly...The skips between the present fight and the flashbacks were done so well...Creating and building the tension while you watched the fight in REAL TIME...

Other than certain eps of HxH...It's been a while since I've seen that much good exposition in a 20 minute chunk that STILL had great action....

Imagine...Imagine IF THE FINAL FIGHTS IN NARUTO COULD HAVE DONE THIS...iNSTEAD OF BEING A BORING MISHMASH CLUTTERED WITH HORRIBLE FLASHBACKS (sorry my caps button stuck, not retyping that lol)...Gintama, a show that mocks the shonen fighter genre--amazing it could be so much better in the execution of its final fight than what's supposed to be the gold standard of the genre...

Maybe the finale can beat it, but my favorite scene so far is Gintama calling out Kagura's bro...Breaking him down verbally...Telling him "strongest" isn't a title he should worry about (when that's the key to his soul)...before hitting him with the baka-aniki...I rewind like 100 times that whole scene...

Good stuff...
Old 2017-10-01, 17:07   Link #67
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Do we discuss the new season here?

Old 2017-10-02, 11:32   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Both OP and ED are good, especially the ED with all the girls in wedding dresses. The summary of the story up to now was so dumb

We're starting with the arc about Kagura's boyfriend. It was funny to see her two fathers freak out upon hearing the news. Even after becoming Captain Tsubasa characters, they were still no match for the boyfriend.
Old 2017-10-02, 21:27   Link #69
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Even their diamond can't match boyfriend's diamond
Old 2017-10-03, 03:24   Link #70
Mister Twit

Oh man how I've missed Gintama's extended metaphors. So much burnt toast.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 05:25   Link #71
chi4ko
Astronaut

O loved the Captain Tsubasa reference!

Old 2017-10-03, 10:36   Link #72
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
O loved the Captain Tsubasa reference!

Wakabashi is huge!
Old 2017-10-03, 13:51   Link #73
grecefar

What a glorious come back for gintama, the opening was perfect and the ending full of waifus, what else can you ask?

looking foward to die again with laughter with this season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 13:03   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This week was one giant Shingeki no Kyojin parody. The ending was both hilarious (what ended up happening to the prince thanks to Father's glasses) and heartwarming (Kagura's closing lines).
Old 2017-10-12, 21:33   Link #75
grecefar

I know shinpachi is strong, but as strong to kick just like that a giant and started to end a race, that photo in the end.

man that was so hilarious.
Old 2017-10-15, 17:13   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Madao said it!! He is Gendo Ikari but in some sort of karma
Old 2017-10-15, 17:26   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"I'm not into married women! I'm into NTR!"

That was an amazing rebuttal
Old 2017-10-15, 20:14   Link #78
grecefar

but still he likes widows, that doesn't count as NTR.
Old 2017-10-17, 13:24   Link #79
BPD Renegade

Poor Madao. Even the preview doesn't care about him.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 16:22   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, he's Madao after all. The guy you always think has reach rock bottom, but always manages to go even lower. Hopefully he'll bloom one day.