AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2017-01-05, 10:40   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Good Anime Review Blogs Catalog

So, I would like to make this thread the Golden Page of high-quality blogs (Blogspot, Wordpress, you name it) that center on anime reviewing and other topics related to anime, manga, and light novel.

The list will be constantly updated and categorized. Also, please note that I would like to keep the list strictly to reviews and essays, so sites like ANN and Sankaku Complex are disqualified.

If you wish to add an address, just reply on the bellow.

Now, the list:

Last edited by Fireminer; 2017-10-19 at 09:23.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 10:43   Link #2
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Anyone here know about this blog? I remember reading a post on it a few years ago, whose topic is the analouge between Athurian mythologies and Code Geass. I remember that the author is awarded the title "Best Upcoming Anime Reviewer" or something like that because of that post.
Old 2017-01-07, 14:33   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
So, I would like to make this thread the Golden Page of high-quality blogs (Blogspot, Wordpress, you name it) that center on anime reviewing and other topics related to anime, manga, and light novel.
Could you spell out your criteria in more detail? What exactly does "high-quality" entail?
Old 2017-01-08, 11:17   Link #4
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Could you spell out your criteria in more detail? What exactly does "high-quality" entail?
Yes, it is kind of a hard thing to define. In my opinion, the traditional form of Anime Review is between 200 and 400 words, with pro-con list and such. What a "High-quality" post has is that it entails and expands upon the common criterias (art, music, story, etc). And, you can see that many blogs in this lists publish contents that actually dwelve into specific topic of the anime art.

Of course, since this is a public project, so your comments matter. Even a link on the list can be pulled off with overwhelming negative reviews.
Old 2017-02-02, 04:45   Link #5
johnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post

I think I got his point. He want to make this thread a page where you can find the best anime blogs having high quality anime videos or reviews etc.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-02-02 at 10:04. Reason: removed link to fan sub host site
johnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 08:21   Link #6
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
The blog by Flower to be useful. I found Planetarian and Maid Dragon by reading at the blogs that he wrote.

Winter 2017 preview: http://www.anime-evo.net/preview/flo...-2017-preview/

Top ten anime of 2016: http://www.anime-evo.net/2017/01/01/...n-series-2016/
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-26, 22:09   Link #7
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

At the risk of tooting my own horn, here's another blog for your reading interest: Infinite Mirai. Some writing samples include my talks on Garden of Words and Sakura Quest. I tend to look at anime from the big picture and draw some unusual comparisons between things.

As an aside, I don't think Chizumatic is active anymore, so it might be good to reclassify it as in the "inactive" grouping.
Old 2017-07-07, 08:47   Link #8
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
At the risk of tooting my own horn, here's another blog for your reading interest: Infinite Mirai. Some writing samples include my talks on Garden of Words and Sakura Quest. I tend to look at anime from the big picture and draw some unusual comparisons between things.

As an aside, I don't think Chizumatic is active anymore, so it might be good to reclassify it as in the "inactive" grouping.
Your blog definitely make it to this list! And thanks for the tip.
Old 2017-10-19, 09:24   Link #9
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Finished adding some more blogs. What I can see is that Twitter and Facebook have taken away a lot of user from the blog platform. There are less and less new anime blog being opened every year.