AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 09:58   Link #8481
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wait... I'm not the only one who doesn't "like" the lead cast? O.o
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:58   Link #8482
Eratas123

@ Meister - Vandam-tan sounds hilarious I'm guessing Riselle will be the one guarding her? She has the personality for it

@ demino_hellsin - Why do you think they're nicer in the fics on the archive? Nobody wants to read about Ichika getting goomba stomped too much without it getting old.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:59   Link #8483
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
She smiles more, sings better, and goes back to who she was before IS turned her life upside down.
I admit that, despite liking Houki, she could do with smiling a little more.

Wait wait wait, where did you get the singing idea anyway?
Old 2011-11-19, 10:00   Link #8484
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Oh, thank you for the clarification.

@ Demi

As Saintess told us, the Teeth are the odd atoms sticking out from the links of other atom created by EM field.

o o o o o o o o o
OOOOOOOOOOOOo

Since they move at 300.000 rps (Revolution per second) they literally digs material atom per atom, 300 thousand atom per second at average, which translates to absurd sharpness...

(if my calculation isn't wrong, that's about 40mm iron per second )

Kinda like that, it shaped like a chainsaw. My HF blades works like that but much larger scale (each teeth is about 10-50 nm), slower, and requires hardened frame as basis.
Thank you for putting it together. My brain is already half-dead looking at stock charts and drawing Fibonacci lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
but the human eyes doesn't have the power to see a lone atom.

If I had a straight line of atoms with an atomic bond that is far greater than other atomic bonds, would this line of atoms be visible?
Not if it is superthin. Think of it as a lot more times thinner than spider thread.

Quote:
Exactly, it still invisible just because of that. Human hair, FYI is about 30-100 micrometer, that's about 30-100 thousand times larger than a chain of atom. But I wonder how strong those odd atom is myself....

At best you'll look at the sheer friction and noticeable shockwave they caused with air, and the noise, oh God the noise....
It is way to high pitched to hear, due to the speed which the atoms travel in, it creates a high frequency sound wave that is beyond the hearing of human beings.

And that sound waves is being absorbed mostly by the nanites, which also act as kinetic dampeners to prevent the nanotech blade from shaking itself apart due to resonance, however, the inertia gives Blind Horizon a little vibroblade effect.

Thank goodness it is only the size of around 1m. It would have been a way too overpowered weapon if it is a Odachi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:00   Link #8485
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meister - All of us try to make the heroines nicer in our fics Daydreams makes them more relatable (Though these are blatant lies since they're from the heroines imagination) I'm curious though, what do you mean by idol like?

@ Zero and Blitz - Didn't you guys think of the concept for the character months ago? Zero PMed me about it back in page 100.

EDIT: @ Zero -

Ichika - Healing factor, resistance to damage, high IS sync rate, spot enemy IS weaknesses, and is more physically capable than most people his age.

Madoka is all these things turned up to eleven. The only thing she lacks are people to watch her back (Ichika has at least 4)
Zero thought of Yoshi, but I wasn't very vocally supportive of it in the beginning (as I know the dangers of incorporating another male pilot). We then made it so that Ichika was his clone. Even the Chifuyu and Yoshi idea were siblings were just finalised not too long ago. I am doing my best to fill in possible plot holes, and I actually considered pushing Yoshi out of the picture (using the life support), but I incorporated him back into chapter 11 because then Zero would want more of him, so I reduced him as a presence of a cameo character but also somehow manipulating the scenes (although not as much as Tabane)

@Demino: Hell yea, dropped Charlotte after her personality change and took the flag as the leader of the Tatenashi brigade.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:00   Link #8486
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You know what? I think I've been having too much crack lately. I mean... Laura as Dengeki Tsukai? It computes! But then again...
Old 2011-11-19, 10:01   Link #8487
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
wait... I'm not the only one who doesn't "like" the lead cast? O.o
As I said I hate everything after V4, and before that, their Yandere antics can't be justified either, making too much holes (pun intended) considering the strict discipline of Academy.

While still dense as lead (pun intended, again), Ichika in Sacred Twin is no wuss and has no qualms about talking back, yell, and once almost punched Rin in the face. I don't know whether this is an improvement or plain derailment and canon rape, but Fanfiction should be fun for author right?
Old 2011-11-19, 10:01   Link #8488
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I imagine they're a lot nicer 'cause no one actually has a proper grasp of their personalities.

@zero: yeah, it should.

Hmm I wonder what it feels like to be rejected by a girl.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:04   Link #8489
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Wait wait wait, where did you get the singing idea anyway?
In my fanon, before Houki's parents separated and IS was revealed, she was inspired by a certain anime about high school girls forming a light music band and wanted to become an idol singer. When she sang, she had a beautiful smile.

Tabane's [Sin] is robbing her sister of her smile.

This tension between Tabane and Houki will be the cornerstone in my alternate interpretation of the canon girls. So in a way, I'm already deviating from canon since Houki's change would occur during IS reveal and not [She was born with that face.]
Old 2011-11-19, 10:04   Link #8490
Eratas123

@ Zero - Don't worry, Phantom task are complete sues in my fic Not one of the protags (Bar Chifuyu) actually manage to land a win in the Mondo Grosso attack. They're just that good

@ Blitz - I thought they were cousins?

@ Meister - At least you're involving Laura at all. Plenty of OC fics shunt the heroines and Ichika to the side.

@ demino_hellsin - I can write about them being complete bitches like in canon, Zero and the others can as well. We just don't want to.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:08   Link #8491
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Don't worry, Phantom task are complete sues in my fic Not one of the protags (Bar Chifuyu) actually manage to land a win in the Mondo Grosso attack. They're just that good

@ Blitz - I thought they were cousins?
Changed for the sake of WINCEST (and Drama).

Quote:
@ demino_hellsin - I can write about them being complete bitches like in canon, Zero and the others can as well. We just don't want to.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:08   Link #8492
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I've planted more easter eggs in my fanon for a long time, come to think of it. Houki's name is mentioned in my fic to be taken from Houki Boshi, a Shooting Star, and that is why the ST@RS are named as such. It then ties back to her childhood dream of becoming an idol singer which in IS is all but forgotten.

It also ties in to the idea that Tabane did everything for her sister, no matter the cost.

*crack pot bubbling over*
Old 2011-11-19, 10:09   Link #8493
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Changed for the sake of WINCEST (and Drama).

well, considered how I believed both zero and I had changed Ichika's character for the better I should say.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:10   Link #8494
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
it also ties in to the idea that tabane did everything for her sister, no matter the cost.
fffffffffffffffuuuuuu-

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
*crack pot bubbling over*
Thank god....
Old 2011-11-19, 10:13   Link #8495
Eratas123

@ Zero - So both mains want to get together with their sibling? Sounds kind of like a big screwed up family. Thankfully, this is anime, incest is romanticized instead of ostracized.

@ Meister - How about Houki pouki? It's what fans call her when she managed to make Ichika have air time by kicking him in the gut.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:15   Link #8496
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - So both mains want to get together with their sibling? Sounds kind of like a big screwed up family. Thankfully, this is anime, incest is romanticized instead of ostracized.
Wincest in IS-ST actually serves a dramatic plot point, but not as cruel as it's in reality. I'm jsut bored that everyone ship Ichika with either Char or Laura. And Osananajimi is too cliche.

(EDIT: I plant to make Cecilia centered fic but cannot find plausible theme and reasoning)

Quote:
@ Meister - How about Houki pouki? It's what fans call her when she managed to make Ichika have air time by kicking him in the gut.
I wonder if I should erase that scene as well....
Old 2011-11-19, 10:19   Link #8497
Eratas123

@ Zero - I'm giving that scene to Irish, difference being: He actually gets hurt and starts coughing out some blood. Won't be Houki though, somebody else, maybe even another guy, it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: How about before her parents died? I'm doing one for a flashback chapter in Shadow.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:20   Link #8498
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Zero, what dd you mean by ffffffffff- at Tabane being a crazy oneechan? Was it the good or bad kind of mindblown?

Eras, while lolworthy, I mentioned that Tabane was a space otaku and suggested to her parents to name her baby sister after a comet at birth. This is further reinforced by Houki's unit being red. Now she's literally the Red Comet.
Old 2011-11-19, 10:22   Link #8499
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I'm giving that scene to Irish, difference being: He actually gets hurt and starts coughing out some blood. Won't be Houki though, somebody else, maybe even another guy, it doesn't really matter.
Dear god finally someone deconstructing abuse. DO IT!

As for flashback, that'll good and shown how much of a monster his father are.

(Me Imagining that Ichika has switchblade stick out of his shoulder in chapter 12 and the harem realized why he's so damn durable....)

@Meister

It's kind of awesome AND horrific, imagine what a mad scientist with her kind of knowledge can do....
Old 2011-11-19, 10:24   Link #8500
Eratas123

@ Meister - Mind if I borrow the Vandam-tan idea? Only this time, it's the males who get chibified. Their personalities get over exaggerated. Ichika is borderline too dumb to live, Irish doesn't talk and has a constant perma-scowl and Kyuukai is a gun nut who keeps talking about guns and weaponry.

EDIT: @Zero - His father was even worse. Threw him through a window and got his arms scarred for example.

The only reason he gets smacked is because all the girls see Ichika being hit with no consequence whatsoever. Irish has a high pain tolerance but his internals are screwed up from the constant drug abuse so the students will see first hand how a person getting smacked can actually end up.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest