AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 12:55   Link #41
alphascan718

Impel down alone could have sky rocketed luffy's bounty to either double or triple, but with that said at his current status he is fairly weak compared to the NW Pirates who knows how to deal with logia users "properly". An increase in his bounty would be nit picking for the NW.

My guess would be :450-500M
alphascan718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:20   Link #42
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphascan718 View Post
Impel down alone could have sky rocketed luffy's bounty to either double or triple, but with that said at his current status he is fairly weak compared to the NW Pirates who knows how to deal with logia users "properly". An increase in his bounty would be nit picking for the NW.

My guess would be :450-500M
That level of bounty would imply that from the World Govenment's point of view, Luffy's threat / danger level and record only increased by at most as much as it did when he attacked Enies Lobby. Considering that since then he's defeated Moria, punched a Tenryuubito, got away with punching a Tenryuubito (which everyone knows means getting an Admiral after you), caused a mass prison riot and break-out from Impel Down after attacking it and then gate-crashed the battle over Ace and demonstrating his Haoushoku Haki (which I think all Marines would conclude means "this guy is going to be BIG trouble"), well, it seems a little unfair on Luffy.

If Ace and Luffy get away, I wouldn't be surprised if Sengoku gets fired (or "retired due to wounds in battle"), even if Whitebeard and a lot of New World pirates die. The war right now is probably the most serious battle within the Grand Line for decades.

Regarding the New World Pirates, here's an interesting thing I just noticed - none of the attacking ones seem to be Logia. The Marines have the 3 Admirals, and Smoker and maybe more. Crocodile isn't with the New World Pirates, and Ace isn't among the attacking group, naturally. I wonder if a number of cocky rookies with Logia (eg Ace and Crocodile?) went to the New World and found they'd overestimated their ability, due to the knowledge of Haki among the New World pirates? Still, those same New World pirates are having a hard time against the 3 Logia Admirals, who are all going strong, currently.
Old 2010-01-10, 09:16   Link #43
zaner

The other problem is Look at the size of White beards crew. Now look at the amount of Devil Fruits among them shown. (Not just logia, all three types) almost no one in the new world has a shown Devil Fruit powers. at least thats being shown

you also have to remember that just because Oda isnt showing them doesn't mean that they are not there! There are a lot of people in this fight, Heck just think how long it would take to show all of the New world captains (All 43 of them) and there powers! at this point we know the names of 10 or so. we know a little back story on one of them. (Squido)

43 captians
10 to 100 or so people Per Crew ((430 - 4300)if not bigger)
16 divisions of WB crew (1600ish)
were up to a little under 2100 people fighting for white beard!
this is not counting the marines!
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 15:01   Link #44
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Well, a vague way to measure bounties is the damage one does to the WG, and they admit it.
I mean, you get a bit more bounty if you defeat other pirates or shinchibukais of similar bounty, 500 m if you blow up a nation (Enel), and 300 m if you wreck a top WG facility.
Looting towns is a much slower way to gain more bounty and apparently can't get more than 320 m (see Supernovas and Don Flamingo).
And then there is the issue of NOT being credited fully for the things you did. Luffy could easily been given 550 m for beating Enel.
Now having the power to threaten the WG that it requires all its forces to gather and fend you off? 3 top facilities + all navy admirals + all shinchibukai + any forces resting in the WG center? In theory that is (3x300)+(3x400)+(7x300)+(400)= 4,6 billion total.
And all that if indeed there is no cap to bounty. Or that your bounty is not just about the best thing you did and doesn't add other lesser feats to it. Or that it doesn't make any more sense than Battle Power in DBZ.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 08:15   Link #45
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
And all that if indeed there is no cap to bounty. Or that your bounty is not just about the best thing you did and doesn't add other lesser feats to it. Or that it doesn't make any more sense than Battle Power in DBZ.
I think it's quite likely that minor crimes (relative to the current bounty) would add to the overall amount. So if someone with a bounty of 100m commits a relatively minor crime (enough that would take a newbie from 0 to 5m) then that would get their bounty increased. I'm not saying that every minor crime will always lead to a bounty increase though. The Marines would probably start batching things up eventually.

This is probably why there's some pirates who don't have nice and neat bounty values - eg Kid's 315m.
Old 2010-01-12, 10:29   Link #46
Prestige

I think 300 million is pretty high for bountys.

300 million is really big amount of money in OP and it tells about how big threat person is.

I dont think its very wise to set bounty to 500 000 000 or more because this will effectivily scare most of bounty hunters, if bounty is more than 400 million it will just scare people off and it person with bounty will actually have easier time going around.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 11:39   Link #47
james0246

^In the first part of the Grand Line, definetly. But the New World is supposedly a different beast entirely. Only the strong exist in the New World, and the bouties will rise accordingly (this is a place, after all, where people worth about 100 million are treated as nothing more than errand boys, and individuals with a 100, 200, or even 300 million bounty are treated as rookies).

One of the main reasons I expect we haven't learned of Whitebeard, Shanks, Ace, Mihawk, etc bounties yet is because they will have New World bounties...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 11:57   Link #48
Prestige

I think we should get a Bounty hunter arc in New world, I mean WG has established bounty system for all criminals and I think that for good fighter being a bounty hunter could be a rather good job.

If you have powerful devil fruit or are powerful person in otherwise being a bounty hunter could provide you plenty of fame and wealth.

Marines does not care what measures you do use to kill/catch persons with bountys. Person even with low bounty as 1 million is an outlaw and he can be killed by citizens/bounty hunters or marines without fear of punishment, infact its rewarded.

We have been hinted by bounty hunters and there has been some criminal organizations in One Piece that gather funds by bounty hunting. Officers dont ask questions when you present head for bounty but you get payd aswell.

I think some pirates could aswell backstab other pirates to collect their bountys, they might have to use middle hands to deliver bounty for officals but it mighty be rewarding.

I think it would be a good arc idea for New World to introduce very powerful criminal organization what is specialized in bounty hunting, having some very powerful bounty hunters that can go after super high bountys aswell.

Bounty system is bit costly but effective, why waste own men and supplies when you can get criminals to kill each other and you can solve problems with hands clean.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 12:11   Link #49
james0246

^Agreed. Bounty Hunters have been ridiculously under used in this series. What is the point of giving pirates a bounty if there are no bounty hunters to actually attempt to collect the bounty?
Old 2010-01-12, 13:07   Link #50
roriconfan
Banned

Well, there were many bounty hunters and they all acted very cocky but all went under pretty fast. There was the Drunken Whiskey bunch who had all those hills full of graves yet Zoro beat them alone. And there was that filler group in the ice before Thriller Bark.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:58   Link #51
kari-no-sugata

I wonder if Marines get something for catching a bounty? They should at least get 10% or something. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get the full bounty (after all, that's what their pay-check is partly for) but they should definitely get something.

The gang encountered bounty hunters first thing on entering the Grand Line, and I believe Baroque Works did bounty hunting in general, not just as Whiskey Peak. Maybe we'll have something similar - the world's top bounty hunters lying in wait at the start of the New World. A group of sneaky hunters with skills around the Supernova mark would probably be able to take a Supernova (and crew) on directly and higher level pirates with advanced tactics (sneak attacks etc).
Old 2010-01-14, 14:49   Link #52
alphascan718

If were talking of bounty hunters being undermined pertaining to their profession that may not be entirely true I mean on the movie onepiece 3 or was it 4 were a bounty hunter (that has yellow suit) defeated the right hand man of the enemy boss (the rain user)

or maybe luffy will not get an increase in the bounty and WG and marines will just consider him as a high priority pirate to capture
alphascan718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:35   Link #53
seiji_kun

Speaking of bountys, I wonder if BB actually got the cash for turning Ace who I reckon to at least have been 500 mil if Enel would've been 500. Maybe he could use it to upgrade his raft.

And didn't we had some bountyhunters not to long ago? Saobondy Arc had mass bountyhunters who were just to weak to match the 100 mil+ fellows. Though I do agree with some that I wouldn't mind seeing a bounty group that is strong cause they are defenitely underused.

I kind of hope Luffy does get a new bounty and hopefully Zoro also due to the info on TB that Kuma could have delivered. Luffy's new bounty, 500 mil at least I think. 600 mil hopefully beeing the one who freed Ace. But I just don't want Zoro to fall behind to much.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:30   Link #54
Bobbi

Bounties HIIIII

okay. I know I may seem INSANE to you, but I believe that luffy's bounty will go to about 600 mill after this impel down/ace etc.. chapter..

Now as for whitebeards and rest bounties:

Dragon: 12 billion(most wanted man in the world)
Whitebeard: 8 billion(strongest Pirate)
Shanks: 6 billion.
Marco: (whitebeards #1 man) 4.5 billion
Ace(whitebeards #2 man, gol. D rogers son.) 4 billion

Now you may be saying: This guy is ******... well think of it this way. oda has said one piece shall last about 6 more years. 6 years ago: these people were predicting WHITEBEARDS bounty at 400 million.
Spoiler:
... and that guy is wayyy weaker then whitebeard.

ALSO. if ur thinking aobut dragon? his is high cus atm The pirates are all fighting the Marines. and Marines = Navy fleet. Dragon tho, is fighting Navy + Ground forces, which are probably stronger as most countries ground troops are more and better then navy. and as Whitebeard is stronger then dragon( dragon = highest bounty cus he causes a lot of trouble., Whitebeard = rival to strongest man ever), thus he too deserves a pretty high bounty.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 05:52   Link #55
roriconfan
Banned

^ The mistake you did here is saying the admiral is stronger than the Strawhat crew, thus the rest have more bounty. All we know is that the big shots have more bounty than Luffy. Not his entire crew together. All those numbers could just apply to the sum of each group's bounties and not to individuals.
Old 2010-02-02, 11:46   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
]Now as for whitebeards and rest bounties:

Dragon: 12 billion(most wanted man in the world)
Whitebeard: 8 billion(strongest Pirate)
Shanks: 6 billion.
Marco: (whitebeards #1 man) 4.5 billion
Ace(whitebeards #2 man, gol. D rogers son.) 4 billion
LOL where'd you pull that from?
Old 2010-02-02, 13:12   Link #57
roriconfan
Banned

Let's not forget that Oda is stretching the story on and on and does not reveal bounties as a way to be safe no matter how much he goes on. For all we know Oda had Dragon at 100 million before desiding to stretch the story after Logtown, so he raised everyone's bounties as more degrees of pirates kept being introduced.
As a rule of a thump, it is 30-90 m cap in the 4 seas, and 300 m cap in Red Line. With this scale in mind, the New World will have cap bounties at 1 billion at the most. And if Dragon is a different type of danger, up to 3 b. And if all of a sudden, that world Enel wanted to go is also a threat, up to 10 b.
Old 2010-02-02, 13:25   Link #58
james0246

^Where did you get this rule of thumb? East blue is not indicative of the 4 Seas (consequently, it is hard to say how powerful the other seas are), nor are the Supernovas necessarily indicative of all bounties before the Red Line or what follows. If you wish to discuss what Luffy's potential bounty is, then your basic ratios are more than adequate, but if you wish to discuss all potential bounties, then using Luffy's rise in bounty is not necessarily an adequate measure of other's potential bounty (As it is, many are predicting that Luffy will get a boost to 400-500 million before he even enters the New World.).

Suffice to say, if a 90-100 million bounty is only worth being an errand/messenger boy in the New World, then having the Yonkou with bounties only 10 times more than 90-100 million would be very disappointing...

As a side comment, not necessarily directed at you rori, I've never quite grasped why some individuals wish to limit the bounties so much (admittedly, I never argue for bounties greater than 2 billion, even if acknowledge the possibility that such numbers could exist). There have been fictional bounties far exceeding anything in the One Piece universe, yet they are seldom questioned. So, why is the mere potential for a 12 billion bounty so impossible and/or unlikely (not that I necessarily think anyone has this bounty)?

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-02 at 13:39.
Old 2010-02-02, 14:20   Link #59
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Where did you get this rule of thumb? East blue is not indicative of the 4 Seas (consequently, it is hard to say how powerful the other seas are) nor are the Supernovas necessarily indicative of all bounties before the Red Line or what follows.
True, I just see this rule of 3 being everywhere in OP. And I take into account the various bounties from the movies as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Suffice to say, if a 90-100 million bounty is only worth being an errand/messenger boy in the New World, then having the Yonkou with bounties only 10 times more than 90-100 million would be very disappointing...
Good point. How about 20 times?
Old 2010-02-03, 00:59   Link #60
Eleutheria
旅行癖

After this arc...

Ace
Spoiler: