AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 23:04   Link #541
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Afaik the collector's ed is only available @ the SE site or is it gonna be out on store too?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 23:15   Link #542
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Right now, both version of pre-order is only available at SE online store. I'm not sure if they plan to sell it at normal store or not though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 00:16   Link #543
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The beach looks amazing, and thank god for the swim suits actually looking normal and not sling bikini's XD
Old 2013-05-24, 05:51   Link #544
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I wonder if my existing copy from 1.0 works still, or do I have to buy a new one?
Old 2013-05-24, 06:55   Link #545
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yeaa I would like to know that too, Still may buy the collectors edition. FFXIV2.0 is looking very promising......................................... ...

Old 2013-05-24, 06:57   Link #546
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
According to the website the 1.0 copies will indeed still work.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:13   Link #547
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Woo! \o/ Stiiillll maaay get the collectors... I don't know. >.<
Old 2013-05-24, 08:24   Link #548
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

If you're only interested in the digital bonus, I think you can upgrade to collector edition for 20$. The only thing that make me hate Square Enix is they don't allow pre-order for people living outside America, EU, and Japan =.="
Old 2013-05-24, 14:32   Link #549
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I would pre-order the game online only if I could only pay with paypal... but I can't! T_T huhuhu... we still have a couple of months before it's release, so I'll just wait and see if they sell this on gamestop/bestbuy/fry's or on other websites.

Old 2013-05-25, 11:36   Link #550
Keefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I would pre-order the game online only if I could only pay with paypal... but I can't! T_T huhuhu... we still have a couple of months before it's release, so I'll just wait and see if they sell this on gamestop/bestbuy/fry's or on other websites.
You can pre-order the game from Green Man Gaming. I think they accept PayPal.
Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 19:56   Link #551
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
You can pre-order the game from Green Man Gaming. I think they accept PayPal.
I just checked it out and it's there! Thanks man and I got 1 more question if you can answer it. If you purchase the ps3 version of the CE, can you access the dlc (apperently, you can get the same contents; mounts, outfit and etc.) you get from it on the PC version?

Old 2013-06-11, 18:45   Link #552
Siegel Clyne

Ghost in the Shell's Older Kusanagi Motoko voices Merlwyb in FFXIV: ARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
In this post on SQUARE ENIX's FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone Forums, Rorn lists the Japanese voice actors revealed so far to be voice acting in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN:

It seems that Yoshi-P, et al., and Square Enix are going all out on a stellar Japanese voice acting cast for the game.

I already knew that Tanaka Rie (Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 in the original FINAL FANTASY XIV) voices Kan-E-Senna and Garuda, Nakamura Yuuichi voices Thancred, Tachibana Shinnosuke voices new character Alphinaud and Sawashiro Miyuki voices someone (a number of people as well as I thought she would be voicing Merlwyb, but it turns out to be Minfilia instead), but I did not know about who the other Japanese voice actors would be that were revealed at Niconico Chokaigi 2.

Once I learned it would be all-star Japanese voice acting cast, one of the first names which popped in my head was seiyuu veteran Ootsuka Akio, partly given his prominence in Japanese dubs of foreign language, live action films and television shows.

Another name which immediately popped in my head was veteran seiyuu Tanaka Atsuko. And there she is.

(Maybe she voices Merlwyb.
With roles like Ezra Scarlet in Fairy Tail under her belt, Oohara Sayaka could also voice Merlwyb.)

Another name which immediately popped in my head was Tanaka Rie's husband, veteran seiyuu Yamadera Kouichi - but, alas, he has not been listed so far - also partly given his prominence in Japanese dubs of foreign language films and television shows, animated as well as live action.

Yamadera has done the Japanese voices for a number of Disney characters, such as Beast in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. His Donald Duck is 100% dead on. He is Donald Duck in Japanese.

I also thought Inoue Kikuko would be on the list. But so far, no go.

Ikeda Masako is known for mother/motherly/matronly roles. Her "spiritual disciples" would include Inoue Kikuko, Oohara Sayaka, and to a certain extent, Tanaka Rie (maybe more so an oneesama type, e.g., Nishizumi Maho in GIRLS und PANZER; Kan-E-Senna has "oneesama" vibes).

Mother Crystal sounds like a role for Ikeda Masako.

Of the Japanese voice actors revealed so far but with no role listed, who do you think they voice in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN?
As I thought she might, Tanaka Atsuko indeed voices Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn.

Watching a bunch of game videos because of E3, I instantly recognized Tanaka Atsuko's voice as Merlywb (2:27 - 2:34) in the Japanese language version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV "CRYSTAL'S CALL" Trailer video uploaded today by the official FINAL FANTASY XIV CHANNEL on YouTube:

FINAL FANTASY XIV "CRYSTAL'S CALL" トレーラー

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sawashiro Miyuki is instantly recognizable as the voice of Minfilia (2:14 - 2:20).

And Kan-E-Senna sounds like Tanaka Rie (2:34 - 2:40).

But does Garuda (1:32 - 1:41) sound like Tanaka Rie, whom Tanaka Rie also voices?

Tanaka Rie spoke in Garuda's voice live at NicoNico Chokaigi 2 on April 29, 2013, so that indeed is her as Garuda:

【FF14ニコ超2】田中理恵スペシャルトークショー 前半

NicoNico

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-06-11 at 19:20.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:52   Link #553
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Miqote dancers, not one male miqote in the entire video, awesome cut scenes. I'm in... wait that second one was a negative... eh what ever, no one's gonna care about the male miqote once every single female player rolls one. XD (my mainw ill be male Miqote)
Old 2013-06-12, 02:00   Link #554
Siegel Clyne

Japanese Voice Actors known to be in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Earlier today/yesterday in Japan, someone on 2ch posted a link to an image of all the Japanese voice actors - with some of their more prominent roles in anime, games, dubbing, etc., credits listed - known so far to be in the Japanese cast of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (names are written in Japanese and Roman letters):

Most of their roles in FFXIV:ARR have not yet been identified or revealed.

My expectation and own ears have been confirmed by Japanese fans that Tanaka Atsuko does indeed voice Merlwyb (role not listed in the above pic) in FFXIV:ARR:

【1080P】FINAL FANTASY XIV "CRYSTAL'S CALL" トレーラ

NicoNico

Some Japanese fans find the above trailer on Nico Nico Douga amusing because Gaius, voiced by Ootsuka Akio, reminds them of Metal Gear Solid.

Ootsuka voices Solid Snake in the Japanese version of the Metal Gear Solid game series.

Among the comments scrolling across the above video, Japanese fans praise Tanaka Rie's performance of the savage, bloodthirsty primal Garuda as an "excellent insane Garuda" ("Garuda no hakkyou ii na") and "the best" ("saikou") in the Nico Nico Douga video above, though one thought too much audio processing had been done in the studio (which would also be the case for Garuda in the English, German, and French versions, which I have also heard).

But Tanaka Rie speaking in Garuda's voice live with nothing but a microphone does sound a lot like Garuda in the FFXIV: ARR "Crystal's Call" Trailer video above.

If there is one thing Tanaka Rie - who voices a lot of sweet, gentle characters like Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED, Chii in Chobits, Maria in Hayate no Gotoku!, and Ciel in Rockman Zero / Mega Man Zero - is known for, is that she voices many antagonists and great evil, often crazy, insane and sadistic villains in anime, games, etc.: Suigintou in Rozen Maiden; Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome; Liang Qi in CANAAN; Yamanobe Sayara in Mnemosyne; Morganna Mode Gone in .hack//SIGN; Nomura in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai; Haibara Sakuya in Fatal Frame 4; Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable; Mariabell Crois in The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki; Aizono Mio in To Aru no Railgun (PSP video game); Virgo Zodiarts in Kamen Rider Fourze... and now Garuda (along with her polar opposite, the good, wise Padjal Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna) in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-06-12 at 05:57.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 20:07   Link #555
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post

Sawashiro Miyuki is instantly recognizable as the voice of Minfilia (2:14 - 2:20).

And Kan-E-Senna sounds like Tanaka Rie (2:34 - 2:40).

But does Garuda (1:32 - 1:41) sound like Tanaka Rie, whom Tanaka Rie also voices?

Tanaka Rie spoke in Garuda's voice live at NicoNico Chokaigi 2 on April 29, 2013, so that indeed is her as Garuda:
The Nakamura segment is much more amusing when he mention he got cold shoulder when playing as male elvaan and got spoiled(to the point of annoying) when he played as miqote shows that he really is a gamer
Old 2013-06-13, 04:17   Link #556
Sassarai
Army of One

Download the FFXIV video on the PS3 Store to win a chance at a beta key!
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:55   Link #557
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Is it strange that I signed myself for beta only to get the key in about, one hour? O.o'
I'm downloading it right now. I'm really interested in it. Hope I get a chance to play it soon. ^^
Old 2013-06-14, 06:59   Link #558
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Heard there's gonna be player housing like Ever quest.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:35   Link #559
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Got my BETA, though I'm kinda lost right now The field map is kinda weird for me..

Oh and that FATE system is pretty cool, though I got killed because the quest was for level 6 when I'm still level 2

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:59   Link #560
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Downloaded it but it says that servers are down. I'm in EU so everybody else getting this?

Tags
mmorpg