AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-02-02, 22:45   Link #61
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Hey, I got a question that I've been frustrated with. I've checked around and haven't seen it answered, so hopefully I'm not being repetetive.

Spoiler:

So, anyone got any ideas?
he's insane for one thing. he doesn't have to make total sense in his actions.

but as you'll also notice in episode 15 that Mao is jealous of Lelouch. he at least to some degree thinks (subconciously or otherwise) that Lelouch has stolen CC from him. Lelouch just has to say he knows CCs name and Mao starts to bug out. when he basically implies he's slept with CC, Mao starts attacking TV screens with a chainsaw to make Lelouch shut up. he's a rival for CCs affection.

episode 16 also shows Mao feels something of a rivalry with Lelouch for being a fellow Geass user.

pick any of the three, or combinations of them in varying ratios, (I personally like rivalry 2+insanity) they all work pretty well for why Mao would go after Lelouch, and thus use Shirely to get to him. and that could be because Mao can read Lelouch's subconcious care/love for Shirley, because Shirely was particularly mentally unstable at that point, because Mao is just a sadist [with his mental issues, doesn't seem a stretch], or others. again, take your pick. really, Mao just wants to play/compete with Lelouch to show he's better, so he needs some leverage.

you'll also notice when Mao was backed into a corner he did try to reveal Lelouch's identity.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 00:55   Link #62
coefficient

It was posted a while back that there'd be -another- recap episode airing sometime this month. Is there any truth to this? Christ, I hope not.
coefficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 04:49   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient View Post
It was posted a while back that there'd be -another- recap episode airing sometime this month. Is there any truth to this? Christ, I hope not.
The production staff is still debating whether it should air or not (ep. 17.5). The magazines providing the schedules are as confused as we are. In the end, you just have to wait it out...and hope for the best while expecting the worst.
Old 2007-02-05, 08:25   Link #64
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
It seems that The Emperor of Britannia has no brother/sister, so did he kill them all in order to success the throne? (Battle Royale style?)

also does suzaku have any other relatives/sister/mom, etc?
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 12:32   Link #65
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
It seems that The Emperor of Britannia has no brother/sister, so did he kill them all in order to success the throne? (Battle Royale style?)
No one knows. I guess the staff didn't bother creating relatives of his - especially when there are already seventeen persons in the succession line. Although a large majority of the latter aren't seen, I guess the mere presence/mention of this large descendance has already served its purpose: to show that there is a potential (and encouraged) struggle for power inside the family - meaning that clashes (Marianne's death, etc) are inevitable. In other words, the Emperor's hypothetical brothers and sisters are redundant since the job's already done by the princes and princesses. It's better to focus on the newer generation since that's where things are going to change. Radically. I expect many of them to buy the farm by the end of the series, though.
Quote:
also does suzaku have any other relatives/sister/mom, etc?
Not sure. Kaguya seems to be acquainted with him but I'm not sure she's a member of the Kururugi family, even to an n-th degree. However, it seems that he still has surviving relatives since Toudou stated that Suzaku was cut off from his family (because he became a Honorary Britannian, therefore cutting ties with the remaining Kururugis). I don't think there has been a mention of his mother or a sibling (in which case we'd have seen them in the flashbacks or Lelouch would have brought it up when talking to Suzaku) so far.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-02-05 at 14:20.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 20:54   Link #66
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Sorry for the small question but..

How did Nunnaly become blind really?

I remember during the previous epi's that she could see her mom on top of her and then lulu staring at the scene. So I don't really get how she became blind.
Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 21:41   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Something like a Post Traumatic Stress disorder : due the acute trauma from this gruesome event, she (unconsciously) has a fear about the world itself.

she can be cured, however, we can't tell when she will have the courage to face the reality.
Old 2007-02-14, 20:04   Link #68
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Can some1 tell me Karen or Kallen's full name?

and which 1 should be correct or used most between Karen and Kallen?

thx
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 20:10   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

original name : Karen Kouzuki
current name : Kallen Stadtfeld

as you can see, both nomination are correct. the explanation behind it is somewhat loosy but : karen is a japanese name (well... since her first name is in katakana, it is rather...surprising.), while kallen (with near-to-same prononciation) is (kinda?) european, and thus, the later is used, preventing people guessing she is half japanese half brittanian.

"officially", she is supposed to be called kallen... but anyway, when you see weird romaji like "rivalz", just be cautious with that ~~
Old 2007-02-14, 20:20   Link #70
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

thx, and just wondering which 1 would u choose?

because im making a sig so dont no which name should use =[

ty again
Old 2007-02-14, 20:25   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
thx, and just wondering which 1 would u choose?

because im making a sig so dont no which name should use =[

ty again
That's easy.
Kallen in student mode, with her smooth hair and fragile appearance.
Karen in her Black Knight mode, armed to the teeth and with spiked hair.

It's like Clark Kent and Superman.
Old 2007-02-14, 21:32   Link #72
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

lol i guess that helps

edit, k so i decided 2 use Kallen Stadtfeld and finally completed the sig =]

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-02-22 at 00:01.
Old 2007-02-20, 01:06   Link #73
velvet nightmare

what exactly are the contracts that C.C. signs with people like mao and lelouch

so what happens when the contract is completed?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 01:32   Link #74
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

the second season will end.

don't expect an answer to the contract question until the end of this season at the earliest; heck, we might not even know till episode 40+.
Old 2007-02-20, 10:40   Link #75
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:

CC and Lulu will kiss. The series will end.

lol anyway, according to the interview
Spoiler:
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 15:08   Link #76
velvet nightmare

maybe she wishes to die since she doesn't age or die from gunshot wounds to the head
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:11   Link #77
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
maybe she wishes to die since she doesn't age or die from gunshot wounds to the head
while this is more for the speculation thread:
that seems somewhat unlikely, as
Spoiler for up to 15:
Old 2007-02-21, 01:02   Link #78
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
somehow I highly speculate that this season will end with another CC and Lulu's hand shake -_-.. "Let's do it together.." kinda deal.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 22:48   Link #79
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well today a question pop into my head which I really don't have answer for it. How did Lloyd ever get around to pick Suzaku for his pilot considering Suzaku never pilot or was train to pilot a knightmare before. I rewatch episode 2 and I can't see the reason Lloyd made the offer to him. Suzaku would be huge gamble for a test pilot considering he had no experience and he is Japaneses to place as pilot for his Lancelot knightmare. Why did Lloyd take huge gamble? Hoping some one has bit more inside or guide me an episode where this get answer.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:03   Link #80
ashlay
the red string of fate

^there's some explanation for it in the spoiler thread at some point.

from what I can recall, it works something like this:
despite the fact that only Britannians can become pilots, apparently suzaku had KM training and testing. (this could have been because of Lloyd, it could just be standard military training, who knows)

and basically, Lloyd took notice of Suzaku because he had a very high sync rate (or something like that) in training. because the Lancelot is an experimental machine, it's both dangerous and outside of the standard military, so even though there were other skilled pilots, the units they were a part of wouldn't give them up, or they refused because of the danger.

while it is somewhat troublesome that Noodle is a number, Suzaku ends up being really a good pilot for Lloyd, since there's no strings attached.

Tags
q&a