AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 30 26.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 20.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-12, 23:50   Link #21
Sixth
Hu Tao

is that guys in Yui's Imagination were Sephiroth and Kefka cameo?
Old 2009-04-13, 00:21   Link #22
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
is that guys in Yui's Imagination were Sephiroth and Kefka cameo?
GO TO DMC! GO TO DMC!
Old 2009-04-13, 00:54   Link #23
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

10/10 for me. cute and reaaallyy funny. Definitely in my anime list!

and I love Yui-chan~
Old 2009-04-13, 08:10   Link #24
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm going to be watching this show for the fun factor more than anything else, so it probably won't get very high marks from me unless it does something surprising. This was a good first episode. We got the core cast introduced, got an inkling of their personas and got a sense of where things may be headed. Nothing ground-breaking but decent. 7/10.
Old 2009-04-19, 09:25   Link #25
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
I just saw episode 1.
It was epic when it showed DMC.
Old 2009-04-24, 03:25   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So I finally dared to take a look at the first episode and while it was a nice episode, I didn't feel that it was anything out of the ordinary so as far as first impressions goes, this was pretty much an average start. Yet it is still rather easy to see places where they are trying too hard make the characters "moe", namely at the start with Yui landing on her ass. I seem to also think that the animation is more of a mimic from A-1's style of lightly drawn and floppy movements than the usual Kyoani gloss and effects.

Mio is also an obvious pick for me, like so many others...with an uncanny resemblance to Yomi
Though it seems that the series is bais towards her anyway looking at who is the main star of the ED.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-04-27, 06:23   Link #27
Peanutbutter

I was watching the WS version and I'm curious.

What did Yui put in her application form under reason for wanting to join the K-on club?
Old 2009-04-27, 09:24   Link #28
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I swear the only reason I started watching this show was because Mio looks a lot like Isayama Yomi (at least to me).
It was pretty amusing though, now to watch the rest of 'em. Oh, and the ED's pretty epic
Old 2009-04-28, 12:34   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally the WS version is upon us. It's like watching a brand new episode all over again. K-On definitely looks better in 16:9 perspective. Thank you TBS for succeeding in making me lose time by watching the same thing, but yet not quite the same thing, twice.
Old 2009-05-09, 15:57   Link #30
totalnet

Just watched the widescreen version of this episode. Would have never notice this if I was watching this for the first time. When Yui thought she was late and was running to school, she ran pass Tsumugi at the train station and in the next scene, pass Mio and Ritsu as they were window shopping.

While I am sure it's Tsumugi in the train station, same hair color and style. Mio and Ritsu had their back of the heads to screen while they were looking at the window of the store. But I am guessing Mio and Ritsu will be together as they are the only two that knew each other at this time.
Old 2009-05-10, 05:41   Link #31
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
Just watched the widescreen version of this episode. Would have never notice this if I was watching this for the first time. When Yui thought she was late and was running to school, she ran pass Tsumugi at the train station and in the next scene, pass Mio and Ritsu as they were window shopping.

While I am sure it's Tsumugi in the train station, same hair color and style. Mio and Ritsu had their back of the heads to screen while they were looking at the window of the store. But I am guessing Mio and Ritsu will be together as they are the only two that knew each other at this time.
I think Ritsu was standing in pose and Mio was taking her picture in that screen.

It's easy to plot them in my 2nd watch (not WS through) because Mugi's screen was quite stand out, and then I, by that time, was starting to focus into the back ground, Ritsu and Mio then can be plotted easily
Old 2009-06-07, 14:43   Link #32
OkamiNoKaze

Great start to a great show, glad I decided to check it out, it was hearing the ending song, on an online anime radio channel that persuaded me to check it out. Ritsu has a bit of a Haruhi vibe to her, even sports a similar color hair band.
Old 2009-06-18, 03:32   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Obligatory opening "Lets meet the team as they assemble". Yui is just hopeless, isn't she. Mio .... Sasaki from AzuDa must have had sisters. And Mugi-chan, princess mother.

The ED shows the series has a lot of promise eclectically speaking...

(I've been holding back comments on the episodes but as we approach the end of the season, I think I can comment now)
Old 2009-07-11, 03:17   Link #34
NagatoismyWife

Have only watched this one episode so far, and to be quite honest, I'm not all that horribly impressed. There's just nothing about this show that really makes it stand out. The characters just feel rather flat and lifeless... maybe I just need to stick with it for a while longer.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:06   Link #35
DidCart

Hey, I re-watched this episode in the Blu-Ray release (1080p) and I noticed at the beginning, when Yui is running to get to school, she passes by Tsumugi, that's arriving by train, and by Mio and Ritsu in fronto of a store!

I didn't notice it the first time I saw in the standard release!
Old 2009-08-07, 16:55   Link #36
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
Hey, I re-watched this episode in the Blu-Ray release (1080p) and I noticed at the beginning, when Yui is running to get to school, she passes by Tsumugi, that's arriving by train, and by Mio and Ritsu in fronto of a store!

I didn't notice it the first time I saw in the standard release!
I always wondered if that was Mugi at the train station, but the original shot isn't clear enough to tell. Blu-ray cleared things up, huh?
Closed Thread