AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 20.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 24.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 4.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-03, 23:35   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-10-04, 00:11   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ON-TOPIC:

Please try to restrict your conversation in this and other episode threads to be about the episode in question, as presented in the anime. Please do not engage in off-topic rants or other conversations that are not really related to the anime episode.
There are lots of other threads in the Little Busters sub-forum, so please look around to see if there's a more appropriate thread. There is even a General Thread if all else fails.

If you don't see a more appropriate thread and want to see a new thread be created, please request it! The staff will give all requests fair consideration.

Remember that absolutely no game spoilers are permitted in this or other anime episode threads even behind spoiler tags. Please read the Spoiler Policy for more information.

Thanks for your cooperation in keeping the threads on-topic!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-05 at 21:18.
Old 2012-10-04, 23:33   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I'll be following the first episodes of this show, mostly to see what the anime is all about.

Not familair with the source material in the slightest, but that's how I usually approach every anime I watch.
Old 2012-10-05, 21:03   Link #4
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I went through the first 10 minutes of the game and never continued. Guess I'll see how it goes by this adaptation.

I do intend to continue the VN at some point though.
Old 2012-10-06, 06:20   Link #5
tsunade666

This episode will be surely judge by many and people will have lots of mix emotion on it. It will break the people on their impression on how JC staff works.

And I haven't seen the preview yet so I don't have a clue on how the first few minutes will start but I have hope but not high hope. I'm familiar with JC so I can expect what to expect
Old 2012-10-06, 06:40   Link #6
mistress_kisara

This thread would definitely be flooded 2 hours from now
Old 2012-10-06, 09:10   Link #7
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Spoiler for Episode1:

Last edited by DasDingus; 2012-10-06 at 09:32.
Old 2012-10-06, 09:11   Link #8
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

True to the original in so many delightful ways. The "Rin gained the title no-con of legends", the aphorisms, the battle sfx going through the phone, so awesome.
The OP and ED were great too
Oh, and I wholeheartedly approve of the new Sasami.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:14   Link #9
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
The "Rin gained the title no-con of legends", the aphorisms, the battle sfx going through the phone, so awesome.
That, and the next episode preview had the sprites from the practice mini-game.

I also liked the pacing. It went through the events of the first day or two pretty quick, but I'd rather they did that instead of just dragging it out. Hopefully, the rest of the set-up of the series will continue at about the same pace, so then there'll be plenty of time for them to properly do Refrain/whatever ending they decide to go with.

Also, Horie Yui's voice acting grew on me as the episode went on. I think I live with Riki being voiced by her. She did a pretty good job.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:18   Link #10
tsunade666

I just start watching the raw but darn. A good episode opener with Brosuke coming out of the wilds and the lights of the city flashing through!!! and the the battle with Masato (who lacks muscles) and Kengo. I'm just currently watching and hasn't finish watching the episode yet but Naoe's voice is too darn moe!!! Yui Horie is doing her work but its making Riki..... well >_> moe I love her voice but it just doesn't suit... somehow. Well continuing to watch it and judge how the first episode fair.

EDIT:
Just finished the first episode.

The episode is good and the story feels the same for me and also loved that ost. The marks of keys works with their great work on ost which makes they great. I'll give it a 10 for all the waiting I've been doing and finally its here. I won't be anal on the faults of the first episode but its THERE. The typical JC staff work. It has faults like animation and pacing wise but.... well I love the work and will like to savor it more for all the time I've been waiting for it and its finally here and I just finished the first episode.

I also kinda like the change of scenery or background in every event if it can be change though I would prefer if they don't skip the fights. Sasami is still so DARN CUTE OH MY GODDESS THAT TWIN TAIls OF YOURS!!! though they skip that fight with her and Rin...... ahh I'm already listing the problems which I don't want to notice but can't help to notice while watching the episode.

Will like to calm down first before rewatching it again. it just funny and fun to watch it. and maybe turn my brains off to make it better watching.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2012-10-06 at 10:48.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:47   Link #11
OPN

Oh god...that was fantastic. Well done JC/WB you have completely satisfied me. OP was gorgeous and the ending was also very good. 10/10
Old 2012-10-06, 12:35   Link #12
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I really wish this anime was animated by KyoAni. Watch it get reanimated again just like Kanon. Chuunibyou on the other hand was actually pretty good imo.

Anyways the first episode wasn't interesting at all. I'll give it another couple episodes decide if I should keep watching it. There was so much hype on this anime.
Old 2012-10-06, 13:20   Link #13
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Great first episode! I had a smile on my face the entire time. My only complaints are the lack of animation during the flashback scene and that the bgm could have been incorporated a bit more skillfully (music transition during the Sasasa fight was especially jarring), but I was amazed at how faithful of an adaptation it was. Seeing cat-ears Rin in animation, aaah so cute~ Totally satisfied so far. 9/10.
Old 2012-10-06, 13:38   Link #14
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Hmm I don't wanna say it but the first episode was a little underwhelming. Lots of nostalgic parts but nothing that really impressed, lots of the gags just felt weird. The atmosphere and the timing didn't feel right, gags like Masato getting the ball in the chest by no-con Rin was obviously a joke, but didn't get me to grin or even feel an ounce of humor. The animation was a little disappointing. The colors should be more vibrant and less grainy, I wanna feel like I'm watching a moving painting as in some past Key adaptations. I'm not saying the anime is bad as a whole, but it's Little Busters!, I want it to be special.

I know exactly what this show feels like now that I think about it, if I had to describe the first episode in a sentence, it'd have to be that it feels like the Clannad movie! Animation-wise, gag-wise, enjoyment-wise it's pretty much on par with that. Agree that there were too many stills, the Sasami and Rin fight is the part where the studio could have really showed off by animating the fight and making it something extra interesting. The fight with Masato and Rin could been more memorable. Get some more choreography in, make it more of a dance. Some extra over the top stuff like that. I want to see scenes with a lot of excitement and action that only an anime could provide. The first episode just feels awkward, getting Masato and Kengo to the point where they fight with a squirt gun and cat, the progression up to that point should either be: More natural but in a clever way, or just very surprising. Lots of the scenes lacked impact for me. The way the episode feels is strangely familiar, it's like it has an old-fashioned directing style to it or progression of events.

At least the VA's were good. (Yui Horie <3) I liked the new Alicemagic used in the ED. Deformed Rin pouting on the mound was a funny sight.
Still importing the first disc and looking forward to the blonde girl on the roof at the end of this episode .

Edit: Actually the animation doesn't bother me as much on a second viewing. I'm liking the anime more and more. It's starting to feel more and more like Little Busters! and I'm actually getting lost just watching. Mmm Riki sounds so girly with Yui Horie's voice that they should just animate him as a girl . Pretty good first episode actually, I think a combination of high expectations and trying to judge it as an anime instead of just watching hurt my ability to enjoy the show. Indeed even the Rin and Sasami fight with the boys reaction to the game-esque sounds coming from the phone was funny.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-06 at 16:50. Reason: Cleaned it up added more thoughts
Old 2012-10-06, 13:39   Link #15
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2012-10-06, 14:41   Link #16
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Don't have the problems with animation. of cause it's not KyoAni level(J.C. Staff could do it but it's not actually some heavy action Sci-Fi like Index to do so). The pacing is just right for me. They animated prologue+first day+a bit of second with minimal cuttings. Just right. could understand people complaining but they just compare anything to biggest KyoAni works which is too high.
Old 2012-10-06, 14:50   Link #17
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
could understand people complaining but they just compare anything to biggest KyoAni works which is too high.
I honestly didn't think this was even up to JC Staff's already low standards. It doesn't have to be KyoAni-level gorgeous but some indication that there's at least a little effort/money being put into it would be nice.
Old 2012-10-06, 15:13   Link #18
Vegard Aune

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2012-10-06, 15:14   Link #19
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I honestly didn't think this was even up to JC Staff's already low standards. It doesn't have to be KyoAni-level gorgeous but some indication that there's at least a little effort/money being put into it would be nice.
Aye, never mind KyoAni, Joshiraku looks a good deal cleaner than LitBus so far.

I do like the character designs for the extras though. A-chan looks super moe in the OP and so did the extras Rin talked to.

Edit: Actually the animation doesn't bother me as much on a second viewing. Still lacking a bit of polish even compared to J.C.'s recent works though IMO.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-06 at 17:15.
Old 2012-10-06, 15:58   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah~... Hm? Mm... Well, I can't say it was an impressive episode, but it is a first episode and it did the job of introducing the main characters. I'm sure there will be more happenings as it goes on.
Though since I never did the original source, I can't tell how closely JC is following it. Though one thing I hope is that the big revelation isn't the same type as Clannad and Kanon, considering both were similar and all three were by the same company...

Although I have seen the OP before and was pretty surprised that the anime used the exact same song.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread