lmao that's such a funny pic :P
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 17:50   Link #882
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre
My current project that I started today:
LMAO!

Dr. Gundam or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Musai.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 03:20   Link #883
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i dont like the Char's addition for the command deck, but its pretty cool that there are both options. i bet it has alot of stickers and black inking to do.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:31   Link #884
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Picked up an HG GINN Hi-Ma at a convention this weekend, I'm thinking of painting it in the colours of Johnny Ridden's Zaku II R-2... but I like the green as well. I'm at a loss
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 14:57   Link #885
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Picked up an HG GINN Hi-Ma at a convention this weekend, I'm thinking of painting it in the colours of Johnny Ridden's Zaku II R-2...
Go for it!!!!
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 16:54   Link #886
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ridden
Go for it!!!!
lol permission given from the man himself =D
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:22   Link #887
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

bit OT but I was asked to sell off some of my gunpla to make room for other family member and wondering what would be the fair price to ask for the completed/painted Bandai Perfect Grade 1/60 scale RX-78-2 Gundam?
TIA

Last edited by dj898; 2006-04-11 at 08:42.
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:35   Link #888
Optimaximal

Its a form of art, so its subjective... One person might pay a shedload for a finished kit (just look at some of the stuff being sold on YJ to see that) but others (myself included) just see it as a model kit that I haven't had the pleasure of building and customising myself.

This feeling is multiplied if its been finished in a generic OOB style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
they just stop production once in a while, then they make it again. This is funny, since I last bought my Zeta+C1 it was also 'discontinued' a year ago :O, basically the same problem you have right now lol
It's called supply and demand.
Basically, Bandai pull the MG kits occasionally and see what the response is from teh gunpla community at sites like HLJ and the like for requests. Only once the demand is significant, they do another run.
Of course, they will run the kit anyway since why let a mold sit doing nothing when they can make money on it? The less popular it is, the longer it takes for them to do a re-run, thats all.

Another question, anyone know why the non-lighted/reactive armoured Patlabors were permenantly discontinued?
Optimaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:39   Link #889
Optimaximal

edit - double post

Last edited by Optimaximal; 2006-04-11 at 09:40. Reason: stupid me
Optimaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 14:13   Link #890
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Yo everyone im new to these forums but deff not to gundam modeling I have over 200+ models if anyone has any questions about any or would like to see pics of any in general just ask.

Last edited by Meehlimo; 2006-04-11 at 14:25.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 19:59   Link #891
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

If you have scale comparisons, line up a model with it's higher scales(ie, say you have RX-78, line up a PG, an MG, and an HGUC, with measurments, for scale), I'd find it helpful atleast.

Also, I'd like to know, anyone else here pose their models? What's the coolest posed one you have? Mine is my Wing Gundam ver. Ka, pulling back, as if it were dodging shots, just after firing the rifle.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:03   Link #892
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimaximal
Its a form of art, so its subjective... One person might pay a shedload for a finished kit (just look at some of the stuff being sold on YJ to see that) but others (myself included) just see it as a model kit that I haven't had the pleasure of building and customising myself.

This feeling is multiplied if its been finished in a generic OOB style.

Another question, anyone know why the non-lighted/reactive armoured Patlabors were permenantly discontinued?
when I sold 1/60 PG Gundam ver. Ka it sold for fair amount of money but then considering the amount of time,cursing,blood and what not I thought the price it was sold was still not enough...

like you said it's subjective and yes its value is what ever the potentional buyers are prepared to pay...

p.s. before you said there was no such thing as PG Gundam Ver. Ka it's PG Gundam with Katoki version conversion kit applied forcefully if I add.

For Patlabors kits well it may have to do with the demand. Once Bandai produced the kit with the blinker unit people didn't want the old kits? O_O
Old 2006-04-11, 21:04   Link #893
strike66
Newtype level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
If you have scale comparisons, line up a model with it's higher scales(ie, say you have RX-78, line up a PG, an MG, and an HGUC, with measurments, for scale), I'd find it helpful atleast.

Also, I'd like to know, anyone else here pose their models? What's the coolest posed one you have? Mine is my Wing Gundam ver. Ka, pulling back, as if it were dodging shots, just after firing the rifle.
i do lol, check out my post way earlier, got a pic of all my gundams. The thing about posing is the perspective u view it from, like some poses only work if u look from the top. i think my best pose would be the strike and freedom in its op pose. i usually use poses shown on the box. Mind takin a pic of ur poses?
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:17   Link #894
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

As for my models I have a 1/60 strike but not any PG's im waiting till this summer to collect them all. I buy my models in large groups but my 1/60 is the same size as the PG's I have over 35 MGs so ill just use strike as a comparison i have a 1/60 strike, MG strike and HG 1/144 strike.

And for poses i only have a few pics of my models on my computer cuz i have to use my sisters camera but heres a couple of pics of the ones i have posed

MG Zeta Ver.2
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/DSCN0088.jpg

MG Wing Zero Custom
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/DSCN0085.jpg

MS Aile Strike
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/DSCN0095.jpg

And heres kind of a comparison on the size ill do a better one later one of each of the 3 sizes is in there
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o/DSCN0081.jpg

P.s my highmobility blacktri stars zaku aint finished being painted yet.
Hope you like.
Old 2006-04-11, 21:33   Link #895
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
NICE, I need those 3 MGs on the left too specialy the Tri-Star

Just finished akatsuki and going to resume my work on Rena's Custom Sword Calamity
Akatuki http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...AkatsukiUS.jpg

DRAGOON system on http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...katsukiDon.jpg

Using Sony cybershot too
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:45   Link #896
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir

i do lol, check out my post way earlier, got a pic of all my gundams. The thing about posing is the perspective u view it from, like some poses only work if u look from the top. i think my best pose would be the strike and freedom in its op pose. i usually use poses shown on the box. Mind takin a pic of ur poses?
I generally don't coz after you painted more you handle more likely you will get paint chip and what not...

I have what I call crash dummy MG Gundam OYW, MG GunCannon, MG Gundam Ground Type I snap assembled with no painting. I use them when I need some idea for the pose to be used in the diorama

here are few samples I took using Nikon digi-cam
(warning these pics are large in size)

Gundam Vs Zeong
MG Zaku II F2 Custom
MG Gouf Custom

Last edited by dj898; 2006-04-12 at 00:21.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:12   Link #897
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

wow dj898 those models are incredible i take it u air brushed?

The_Marshal_AEB i wish i had a display case big enough for all my models i literaly have no space for new ones but that hasnt stoped me in the least lol.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:18   Link #898
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

yes they are air brushed except the Gundam and Zeong in the first picture
just snap assembled with panel lining
Old 2006-04-11, 23:58   Link #899
SlugZilla
woofles

dj898: that's impressive I think you are getting better every time.

BTW anyone see the pictures of the MG Gyan? I know what I'm getting.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 00:19   Link #900
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

well it takes a lot of late night sessions to finish multiple kits...
might as well put into extra effort as well as ask the advise from masters

the Gouf Custom is also my very first picture attempting the manupulation with the PhotoElement.
Didn't know it came with Nikon digi-cam coz I never read the manual nor open the manual package

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy