AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-08-06, 11:41   Link #41
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, I pretty much do call BS from everything that's happened since Madara resisted the ET reversal and Tobi had his mask shattered. I'd even be tempted to go as far back as when Naruto got the Kyuubi mode and made Sage mode worthless.

I just roll with it because it's not like anything's going to change.
me too. i also have not enjoyed the series like i used to since kyuubi mode. it broke the rules that the story had pretty much stuck with since the beginning and since then, it has kept breaking the rules to the point where now, nothing at all could surprise or anger me

sakura's got rinnegan and is strangling black zetsu? obito brought rin back to life and they're getting married? ok whatever
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 11:47   Link #42
GusGus

Kakashi's power up is not more ridiculous than those that Naruto and Sasuke has been getting, since Naruto mastered the sage mode in three days, something that Giraya couldn't do in his whole life. Beside this is just temporary.

I think Kakashi was the best character from part 1, and for some stupid reason Kishimoto decided to belittle him almost the whole second part. So i'm glad Kakashi's got the sharingans, he is supposed to be a genious, and a copy ninja, so i'm not surprise that he could pull a susano just like that. I still remember how badass he looked making Zabusa own jutsu while he was seeing it for the first time. Good old times.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 12:27   Link #43
Eragon
Still Alive

Can all of these characters, please for god's sake, stop spouting this "I'll protect you/world/my virginity/your virginity" bullshit every single time they do something ?
Old 2014-08-06, 12:32   Link #44
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

so Itachi just never bothered to go full susanoo. and by convention shisui didn't either…awesome
Old 2014-08-06, 12:46   Link #45
Casshern

I'm not going to call bullshit, but this chapter was a load of horseshit.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 12:55   Link #46
Shonen.
▪ Lack of it ▪

I actually really liked this chapter.. (Compared to what the majority seem to think of it, I think it was good.)
Shonen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:13   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Didn't Sasuke and Naruto receive their power-ups in some sort of vision as well? I honesty do not recall if the Sage appeared to them in person...
He did, for both of them. Still, there is a world of difference in this chapter and the one where Naruto and Sasuke got their powers...First of all, the two were bound by destiny and great lineage etc., so it's not like they received a new power, rather they awakened the latent potential power residing in them.

Then there's the person who bestowed the power-up, the So6P, the guy who invented ninshuu. Can't compare him to Obito. The nature of the power-up is also relevant, because the former two went through a minor change (tattoos?) compared to a genetical alteration into a bloodline limit, which is, sharingan.

Finally, Madara went to great lengths to get an eye transplant, but Kakashi does it in a poof. It's undermining the coolest villain in the series and at the same time reducing the impact that the same event could have had if it took place in a different way - MS Kakashi with Susano'o seems like a cheap shot. How will Kakashi survive btw, it takes all of his stamina to use one MS...

Quote:
I think Kakashi was the best character from part 1, and for some stupid reason Kishimoto decided to belittle him almost the whole second part.
IMO Kakashi should have stayed out of the picture as a resigned teacher after his team collapsed. He's old-gen anyway, even if he was one of the best back in the day.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:00   Link #48
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He did, for both of them. Still, there is a world of difference in this chapter and the one where Naruto and Sasuke got their powers...First of all, the two were bound by destiny and great lineage etc., so it's not like they received a new power, rather they awakened the latent potential power residing in them.

Then there's the person who bestowed the power-up, the So6P, the guy who invented ninshuu. Can't compare him to Obito.
Well there's a world of difference between having a time limited double sharingan, than being a... whatever Naruto and Sasue are now.

Quote:
The nature of the power-up is also relevant, because the former two went through a minor change (tattoos?) compared to a genetical alteration into a bloodline limit, which is, sharingan.
To put a sharingan into a nonuchiga has been pretty tribial in the manga, remember Danzo? how many sharingans did he have in his arm?

Quote:
Finally, Madara went to great lengths to get an eye transplant, but Kakashi does it in a poof.
Do you remember how Madara got the sharingan from Kakashi? or how Kakashi got his first sharingan?

Quote:
How will Kakashi survive btw, it takes all of his stamina to use one MS...
I'm sure that will be expleined in the next chapters... probably... hehe.

Quote:
IMO Kakashi should have stayed out of the picture as a resigned teacher after his team collapsed. He's old-gen anyway, even if he was one of the best back in the day.
He's not old gen, he's this gen; Madara, Hashirama, Itachi, Minato, etc, all of them peak at Kakashi age, or even older. Naruto and Sasuke are too young to be the ones saving the ninja world, but they will be 'cause it's a teenage manga and they're the protagonists. But never before in ninja history(in this manga), a teen saved de world.

I agree than this could have being handled better, but I don't find it worse than any other power-ups that Naruto and Sasuke have got.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:05   Link #49
JustRob

So, fucking Obito came back one last time to be a douchebag and screw over every sort of logic.

You must be fucking kidding me. Since the very beginning of the manga, it has been established that Kakashi would get worn out quickly while using the Sharingan, since he's not an Uchiha. Throughout the series Kakashi has been able to use it longer and longer, and eventually kamui. This is all logical.

But this, is fucking ridiculous. If he has two Sharingans, that means he needs to cover both of his eyes up 100% of the time he's not fighting. That's impossible.

But maybe that's not even the most ridiculous part. Obito came back from the freaking afterlife and gave Kakashi his eyes. His body was destroyed. How can a ghost leave the afterlife and give eyes that have no physical form to someone who's alive? Is Obito roaming the afterlife now with two empty sockets?

I swear, Edo Tensei Madara sticking around, Kyuubi Chakra mode, Naruto handing out Kyuubi chakra like cupcakes, the appearance of Kaguya... All of it pales in comparison to this.

This is possibly the single most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in this manga. Unbelievable. Not even Bleach got this bad. Please just end it when this is over.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:12   Link #50
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
so Itachi just never bothered to go full susanoo. and by convention shisui didn't either…awesome
Shisui didn't have a mangekyo sharingan. Itachi never watched a full susano, Kakashi did.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:19   Link #51
JustRob

If Obito can hop in and out of the afterlife, why doesn't he bring Minato and Kushina back to life? Since he basically murdered Naruto's parents, the least thing he can do is bring them back.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:35   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Shisui didn't have a mangekyo sharingan. Itachi never watched a full susano, Kakashi did.
actually shisui did have the mangekyou. and i suppose itachis could have gotten up and walked if the was required. just thought you needed EMS for the perfect susanoo
Old 2014-08-06, 14:36   Link #53
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I laughed so hard when obito teleported to kakashi and when he gave him dual sharingan. This is the biggest ass pull I have seen in any anime anywhere.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:41   Link #54
The Green One

Always so hilarious to watch you guys get bent out of shape over nothing. So Kakashi got something so he can participate in the battle and not be a useless lump sitting on the side lines waiting for a chance to throw himself in front of an attack as a meat shield. Get over it and move on.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 15:10   Link #55
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Always so hilarious to watch you guys get bent out of shape over nothing. So Kakashi got something so he can participate in the battle and not be a useless lump sitting on the side lines waiting for a chance to throw himself in front of an attack as a meat shield. Get over it and move on.
Kakashi was plenty useful when he had his singular Sharingan eye with restrictions. Even though he was neither a natural Uchiha nor the main character, he managed to keep up with the strongest guys. Why? Because he's clever and skilled.

And now, all of that has been thrown in the shitcan for a magical power up that everyone else has gotten as well.

When an actually decent character is getting ruined in such an atrocious way, yeah that kinda pisses me off.
Old 2014-08-06, 15:40   Link #56
Farodin

Whoa lots of swearing here.Keep it cool guys.As i said before what did you expect from a manga that went on introducing giant nuclear bombing TURTLES and SNAILS and throws a godess who can shapeshift the world into the mix.Naruto lost its momentum since Kishi decided to make Shipuudden.But who can blame him looking at the success of this shonen.And we all know the shonen formular all to well.Power-ups on this scale shouldn't be that surprising anymore.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 16:07   Link #57
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
just thought you needed EMS for the perfect susanoo
who's to say he doesn't have EMS right now? he has 2 transplanted MS eyes after all. kakashi having EMS explains this chapter much better
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 16:11   Link #58
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
who's to say he doesn't have EMS right now? he has 2 transplanted MS eyes after all. kakashi having EMS explains this chapter much better
Does it? Because an EMS is achieved when you transplant your brother's Mangekyou Sharingan eyes into your own eyesockets. And as far as I know Obito never had any siblings, and even if he did, he certainly never exchanged eyes with them.
Old 2014-08-06, 16:43   Link #59
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Obito Uchiha is IMMORTAL!!!
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 16:48   Link #60
james0246

Quote:
First of all, the two were bound by destiny and great lineage etc., so it's not like they received a new power, rather they awakened the latent potential power residing in them.
Obito and Kakashi are as equally bound. Their bond may not have the pedigree of Naruto and Sasuke's, but it is still a bond that can transcend...well, death apparently.

Quote:
Then there's the person who bestowed the power-up, the So6P, the guy who invented ninshuu. Can't compare him to Obito.
There have been a lot of Sages popping up in the last few days. Tobi was a Sage, even if he was simply borrowing Madara's powers, and he did posses the Jyuubi. So, great power did course through his body, maybe it was enough to bestow one final gift on his friend.

Quote:
The nature of the power-up is also relevant, because the former two went through a minor change (tattoos?) compared to a genetical alteration into a bloodline limit, which is, sharingan.
I'd guess this current power-up is limited to this specific battle only (I also predict that Naruto and Sasuke's current power-ups are also limited to this battle only). So, I doubt there was any genetic mutation on Kakashi's part, he, just like Sasuke and Naruto, has simply become the avatar for another. (Additionally, Sasuke is sporting a Rinnegan, which does require some "genetical alteration", though I doubt there has been any real alteration.)

Quote:
Finally, Madara went to great lengths to get an eye transplant, but Kakashi does it in a poof.
Which transplants are you talking about. Do you mean his brother's? Because I would argue that the emotional resonance of Izuna's sacrifice is comparable to Obito's for their respective 'brother'.

Quote:
How will Kakashi survive btw, it takes all of his stamina to use one MS...
Beyond the fact that I think he is acting as an avatar of sorts (which means his power comes from another source), Naruto can constantly recharge his comrades (seemingly indefinitely).

Quote:
Fair point. In turn, this is why I think Tobi being Obito was a foolish plot decision on Kishimoto's part. Kakashi's story ended quite some time ago, dragging it out to this extent was in no way beneficial to the character or the story.

But, I do still think what we have in this chapter was good, and definitely fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Does it? Because an EMS is achieved when you transplant your brother's Mangekyou Sharingan eyes into your own eyesockets. And as far as I know Obito never had any siblings, and even if he did, he certainly never exchanged eyes with them.
We already know that the Sharingan reacts to emotion and various other stimuli in unique ways (Tobirama even indicated that the curse of the Uchiha was how emotional they can become), and we already know that Sasuke, Itachi and Obito didn't have to literally kill their "most precious" person in order to gain the MS; so it's "magic" qualities are already tied to non-genetic criteria, and once you add in how foreign chakra and dna can affect the eyes...well, it becomes apparent that the interpretation of the information previously provided is fairly subjective.

In other words, Kakashi and Obito are brothers. Maybe not in blood, but in every other respect that counts, they are brothers. So, Obito being able to bestow the powers of the EMS onto Kakashi is just as legitimate as anything else concerning the Sharingan (which might be damning with faint praise, but it is still legitimate).

Last edited by james0246; 2014-08-06 at 17:00.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion