AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-26, 09:36   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] What do you think of Itachi now?

Hidden deep under a shell of cold and emotionless demeanor for the longest time, we have finally seen the real face of Itachi's true self violently craving for blood, light and ultimate power.
What is your impression of Itachi after witnessing his motivation and the demonic face of his insatiable greed?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:51   Link #2
reloaded
skywalker

....Psycho.

Plus if Madara had killed the Uchiha with Itachi and knows of Sasuke's existence then surely he must know what Itachi is up to. Still atleast we get to see Itachi going all out I hope.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:05   Link #3
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I Like him even more now, now he's revealed his true colours.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:09   Link #4
EXEs
Hallelujah...

He needs a shrink. Complete wacko, didn't expect him to have such a goal within his mind.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:41   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

No Matter Of Itachi Thinking ...I'm With Him..
I Like Him Even More..
Old 2008-01-26, 11:57   Link #6
AnbuItachi

sasuke sure has a wild imagination. i like him slightly less now cause hes shown to be weak
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:05   Link #7
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Itachi's character has, at least in my eyes, gained some more depth with this revelation. I was having a really hard time believing that Itachi was leaving Sasuke alive simply because he wanted Sasuke to find and kill him, so this wraps up that little open question in my mind. However, it would have been nice to see him be slightly calmer about the whole thing. His demeanor throughout the entire series has been calm and collected, despite his inherently evil nature and bad-ass-ness. I just wish he would have maintained that calm, instead of going all "psycho-face" when he revealed the secret...it would have played well into his inherent evil, I think.
Old 2008-01-26, 12:21   Link #8
vision55

Itachi is still the Shizzzit. But i wished that the poll had something like "still thinks of him the say way" because one crazy outburst does not mean he sucks now. I know everyone loves the calm, collected boring guy with crazy moves but i did not mind at all that he finally showed some raw emotion.

-Its crazy that in these 2-3 chapters we saw a wide range of emotions from Itachi...from the smiles in the flash backs all the way up to his infamous "phy-co face" Nice to see imo.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:24   Link #9
Charlo

I love him more than ever XD
I always had a thing for characters going crazy, and when Itachi goes crazy, it's just pure awesome. Smiling Itachi in the flashbacks freaked me out, but this... Brilliant <3 XD
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:29   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
Itachi is still the Shizzzit. But i wished that the poll had something like "still thinks of him the say way" because one crazy outburst does not mean he sucks now.
Done.
That's why I hate poll.
Old 2008-01-26, 13:12   Link #11
vision55

Thanks Old geezer =)

*hope that doesn't offend.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 14:11   Link #12
tatami
back in black

its good to see that all that "capacity" thing is revealed...and actually he had plans,not an emotionless "i do kill" char...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 14:54   Link #13
BlackDove
Unheard

Itachi is my idol now that I've seen he's batshit fucking loco. In the end, the ambition isn't all that different from Orochimaru.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 15:05   Link #14
Jameel11435

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
He needs a shrink. Complete wacko, didn't expect him to have such a goal within his mind.
buh isnt it like clan tradition to some extent?
Jameel11435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 15:18   Link #15
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

The psycho look didn't change anything for me. It was kind of cool actually because I think it was just a genjutsu. That demon had Sasuke wrapped up in its hair and on the next page it's gone, Sasuke takes his robe off and Itachi is looking calm again saying that he trusts Sasuke has seen his true face.

This vain ambition makes Itachi multi-dimensional. We finally understand the final secret of Sharingan, why he wanted Sasuke to grow strong and face him and it's also clear that Itachi is not a follower. It always seemed strange to me that he killed the clan to sever his ties with them yet joined an organization and became a subordinate.

He aims to surpass his master, who was the most powerful ninja in the world at one point. I also enjoyed the flashbacks in the chapter, specifically the one where Sasuke introduces himself and the ambition his character has been centered around. This is his destiny. The manga was looking sketchy for awhile and I'm not too keen on the eye swapping but atleast Kishimoto is back on track.

I'm interested in what the outcome will be. Especially considering the fact that Sasuke doesn't even have the Mangekyo Sharingan, as Itachi noted and he is still going to fight him, confident that he will win. If Sasuke can beat Itachi without the MS what is it even worth? If Sasuke wins, what's he going to do? Steal Itachi's eyes and gouge out his good eyes?

I'm predicting a setup. This battle is about displaying the superiority of Mangekyo Sharingan. We don't even know the extent of his powers aside from Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Kakashi's inter-dimensional manipulation techniques. This battle is about showing its true power. I think that Sasuke is going to lose but be spared once again with the realization that he really must kill Naruto to gain the power to beat Itachi.
Old 2008-01-26, 15:38   Link #16
BlackDove
Unheard

You sure your signature doesn't spoil it a bit for the non manga readers when you post in other threads?
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 16:35   Link #17
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I never liked itachi, and I like him even less now. Not that it's really measurable, but that's what I picked. Psychopaths must die.
Old 2008-01-26, 17:32   Link #18
seiji_kun

loved him going psycho. Wonder what Sasuke thougth, he prolly thougth his brother let him live to ease his mind a bit or cause he mb loved him a bit but he was just a spair of eyes. Itachi sure is right that the Uchicha clan is one psycho clan.

Well he wants to surpass Madara, at least we finally know some of his plans. Tho for a genius I think he is quite the idiot. He found the Uchiha clan repulsive cause of theire search of power but he helps the one who has sinned the most to it and he goes on that path himself. That's quite contradicting yourself. Especially when those actions weren't happening anymore.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 17:37   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Well he wants to surpass Madara, at least we finally know some of his plans. Tho for a genius I think he is quite the idiot. He found the Uchiha clan repulsive cause of theire search of power but he helps the one who has sinned the most to it and he goes on that path himself. That's quite contradicting yourself. Especially when those actions weren't happening anymore.
Which is why it was exactly the opposite.
He despised his clan because they didn't kill each other anymore and lived in peace in Konoha instead of trying to reach the limits of their capacities and then try to go even further by any necessary means.
Old 2008-01-26, 17:48   Link #20
TheNewbSwordsMan

i agree with hunter 100%, he hated the clan bc they became weak over time.

as for how much i like or dislike him, i never liked him bc of his personality, so him being crazy doesnt bother me, I liked him becuase he had never been defeated and all the fights i saw with him, he barely went all out and easily won. Power = me likey.

thats why i like him as much as i liked him b4 this, sure i now know why he wanted sasuke alive, but if you think about it, its not really bloodlust, its neccesity, he HAD to take his brothers eyes to become stronger, if he could take ANY uchihas eyes, the story wouldnt make sense. I long thought that there was no reason to kill his entire family and leave his brother, but not that he explained why he did it, i dont think hes any more anti social of crazy than i thought he was anyways, and hes still damn powerful, the only way my opinion will change of him, is if he loses to sasuke, and even that doesnt mean death, i mean the 1st beat madara and he didnt die, so defeat doesnt always mean death, so its possible after this arch is over, itachi will still be a alive, however for some reason i think madara and pein will die b4 all is said and done, go figure.
TheNewbSwordsMan is offline   Reply With Quote