AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 32 21.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 28.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-10, 07:48   Link #221
MarthX

Battler applauds Eva for solving the epitaph and acknowledges her as the Ushiromiya head. Beato then starts applauding Eva too. They find it strange that they're enemies but they're applauding for the same person. They then start trying to outclap each other.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:51   Link #222
Chadauw

> Chibibear :

It happens during Eva-Beatrice's coronation scene. As you can see in the anime, at first Battler is pretty shocked by what is happening, but in the end, he understands it like a metaphor of Eva solving the epitaph and finally reaching her dream to become the head of the family, after many efforts.

In the end, Meat-Battler and Meta-Beatrice both congratulate Eva-Beatrice for her accomplishment. They seem really friendly in this scene, kind of competing to see who was clapping louder than the other.

Edit : Ninja'd by three persons... I really am slow
Old 2009-10-10, 07:51   Link #223
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Awwwww that's so cute! I totally get the BattlerxBeato thing now Too bad it got cut...
Old 2009-10-10, 07:55   Link #224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

As if the S&M scene if ep2 wasn't enough to spawn a lot of BeatoXBattler fan art XD

Old 2009-10-10, 07:57   Link #225
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
That scene was just... O.o
Old 2009-10-10, 07:59   Link #226
MarthX

It's a big reason why Battler got so upset at seeing Beato's cruelity later on

He was beginning to think that she wasn't so bad after all. It's been said in red that no more than 18 people exist on Rokkenjima and we've seen all 18. If you don't believe a witch exists then Beatrice couldn't have been the murderer.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:24   Link #227
Uchiha Soul

itz a very good epi .. poor Maria she was loving Beato so much.

now Meta Beato (the one outside) effected Piece Beato (the one inside the game)
when Meta Beato got slapped from Meta Battler, she thinked abt how she was so cruel & this effected piece Beato and made her talked to witch Eva abt being elegant.. i think this is a proof of how the ones outside effect the thought of the ones inside.

other thing, if we consider the people inside the game dont remember that they repeating the stories, how did Ronove tell witch Eva (new Beato) abt the Halloween's incident (the first 6 sacrifices)? they should not remember the previous stories?

unless Beato & Ronove manipulate and control the events of the stories !!
Old 2009-10-10, 09:31   Link #228
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
itz a very good epi .. poor Maria she was loving Beato so much.

now Meta Beato (the one outside) effected Piece Beato (the one inside the game)
when Meta Beato got slapped from Meta Battler, she thinked abt how she was so cruel & this effected piece Beato and made her talked to witch Eva abt being elegant.. i think this is a proof of how the ones outside effect the thought of the ones inside.

other thing, if we consider the people inside the game dont remember that they repeating the stories, how did Ronove tell witch Eva (new Beato) abt the Halloween's incident (the first 6 sacrifices)? they should not remember the previous stories?

unless Beato & Ronove manipulate and control the events of the stories !!

I guess the anime didn't portray is well enough-That's Meta-Beato who intervened. Piece-Beato is already gone. Ronove is Ronove. No Piece-Ronove.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:35   Link #229
MarthX

Not like the game makes it any clearer. It doesn't even show the meta border during it.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:56   Link #230
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Not like the game makes it any clearer. It doesn't even show the meta border during it.
Err, it does, actually. At least, up to when Beato tells Ronove off.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:58   Link #231
MarthX

That was done in the meta room in the anime so it's easy to know that it's meta.

The scene with Beatrice and Eva Beatrice in the garden is different. Both in the anime and VN, time doesn't freeze and there's no meta border.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:00   Link #232
Workworkwork

Quote:
That was done in the meta room in the anime so it's easy to know that it's meta.

The scene with Beatrice and Eva Beatrice in the garden is different. Both in the anime and VN, time doesn't freeze and there's no meta border.
Yes, I know. But it was pretty obvious that it was Meta-Beato who just got told off by everyone and teleported in to try and make amends.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:05   Link #233
MarthX

The point was that there's no additional information in the VN to indicate that it's meta that wasn't present in the anime.

Knowing Umineko, I would not be surprised if the scene was done that way for a reason and that wasn't meta Beatrice. We just kind of assume it is because it's obvious.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:46   Link #234
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
It's unclear on purpose i guess, because then it can be explained by many different ways....

As mentioned before, this episode bring back the mood of EP I (back when i tried to dig out every clue i can get my eyes on). So I ended up spending the whole night trying to figure out the explanation for the repetitive world, the concept of meta-world, the real existence of Beatrice, etc.... My mind was quite deep in thought as i ate my pizza and then later washed the kitchen. (so much that i barely can remember how did i do those things).

Maria's "unnatural" death gave me a new interpretation of the situation. Maybe every new world since Ep II was not a reset, but has always been the "Golden Land".
Maybe it was not Beatrice who did the killing, but it was quite the opposite. The people of Rokkenjima was killed by someone or something.... and thanked to the "Golden Land effect", Beatrice, her magic, and all of the demons were created from the thoughts of 18(maybe not all 18) people in Rokkenjima just to explain all the mysteries there (while granting their wishes). The outcome do not change through, as Vigilia mentioned this week about how they can't interfere the game world.

For example, in this episode, Maria could actually be strangled to death by Rosa be4 Rosa was killed by something. But thank to Maria's wish from her last world, Rosa appeared to defend Maria until her death while Beatrice do the killing. Similarly, at the 1st twilight, one of the 6 "servants+ Kinzo" killed the other five before somehow was killed. But due to the "Golden Land effect", they appeared to be killed by Beatrice and the demons.
When we are not inside the Golden Land effect (and no one really believe in Beatrice), the world will similar to Ep I world where Beatrice do not randomly jump out and throw demons at people.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-10-10 at 11:07.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:46   Link #235
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It seems so. I mean Jessica in ep2 was killed while it was still morning.

Don't remember the exact time of this Ep3 second twilight but it seems afternoon to me.
Looking at the final shot of this episode it ended at 11:00am, so it wasn't even 5 hours after the discovery of the 1st twilight.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:56   Link #236
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, wanna pointed out something (maybe some1 mentioned it be4 through)....

Maria easily believed an Eva-look-alike person to be Beatrice (with some fancy "henshin" of course). So it means in ep I, the person who gave Maria the letter is not necessary to be Beato.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:12   Link #237
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After finally ending the torture of Maria and Rosa Beato said "you shall never arise again"

Does this mean Maria and Rosa can never again be revived? That they are out of the story for good?
Old 2009-10-10, 11:14   Link #238
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
After finally ending the torture of Maria and Rosa Beato said "you shall never arise again"

Does this mean Maria and Rosa can never again be revived? That they are out of the story for good?
No, she just means that they won't be revived and then killed by Evatrice again. They come back EP 4.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:18   Link #239
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah we need at least one loli dosage for every EP ^^

An Umineko world withour Maria may have to rely on the Nipa-master to prevent fan riot
Old 2009-10-10, 11:30   Link #240
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw, wanna pointed out something (maybe some1 mentioned it be4 through)....

Maria easily believed an Eva-look-alike person to be Beatrice (with some fancy "henshin" of course). So it means in ep I, the person who gave Maria the letter is not necessary to be Beato.
That's one of the points, Maria wouold believe anyone to be Beatrice as long as that person says so, she's a bit gullible in that regard.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Closed Thread