AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 05:15   Link #181
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrianna View Post
That's funny because I rented this series from Netflix a while ago and from the very beginning I saw that Haruhi and Tamaki were destined for each other. Keep in mind that I'm just a casual viewer and it was blatantly clear to me. Yet, obviously not all viewers got that.

Now, I know this is the manga discussion but as far as I can see, the reason why she might like an "idiot" like Tamaki is probably because of his kindness and concern towards her. He treats her well and he treat others well.

And I agree with DeX-kun, in that people will fall for others even when the reasons might not be clear. I always wondered why in the world Naruto likes Sakura so much, other than perhaps her looks, but obviously he likes her even if the reason isn't clear to me. And the list can go on and on in many anime.
Everyone in the club is kind and concern towards Haruhi.

You know they are destined towards each other because they are the main character. Everyone knows the official pairing is Haruhi and Tamaki. What I ask is I don't see the reason for Haruhi falling in love with Tamaki (which didn't happen in the anime. It appeared much later in the manga)

"Love at first sight" is a good enough reason for me (Tamaki is smitten with Haruhi the moment he saw her dressed as a girl)
However Haruhi is clearly not in love with Tamaki at the beginning of the series (she thinks he is troublesome). I failed to see the transition from Tamaki the troublesome to Tamaki the lover.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:10   Link #182
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Rawr, does anyone know when the latest Manga of this series is expected to be released? I'm at the edge of my seat! DX
Old 2009-11-15, 21:17   Link #183
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

By the way, can anyone tell me which chapter has more Haruhi x Tamaki in it? Or where she finds out she loves him?
Old 2009-11-30, 22:21   Link #184
SheRicoSuave

For the new chapter

Hey, I'm new, but I really wanted to post what I thought of the latest chapter of OHSHC.

Okay. So my shipping status was tied right in the middle of HaruTama and HaruHika (which has honestly never happened to me before. usually i ship one couple and one couple only). But after this chapter, I really started leaning more towards HaruHika.

I personally think that Tamaki is being very selfish. If he really truly cared for Haruhi, he wouldn't care at all what his grandmother thought. And when she comes back to school dressed as she had on her first day, she explains it's so it would be easier for Tamaki. And instead of going all "Oh, Haruhi, nooooo!!! I love you!!!"

NO.

He's all, "Oh, gee, thanks!"

What the eeeeeff.
SheRicoSuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:37   Link #185
SoulCorpse
WhO PuT BaKOn In My SoUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRicoSuave View Post
Hey, I'm new, but I really wanted to post what I thought of the latest chapter of OHSHC.

Okay. So my shipping status was tied right in the middle of HaruTama and HaruHika (which has honestly never happened to me before. usually i ship one couple and one couple only). But after this chapter, I really started leaning more towards HaruHika.

I personally think that Tamaki is being very selfish. If he really truly cared for Haruhi, he wouldn't care at all what his grandmother thought. And when she comes back to school dressed as she had on her first day, she explains it's so it would be easier for Tamaki. And instead of going all "Oh, Haruhi, nooooo!!! I love you!!!"

NO.

He's all, "Oh, gee, thanks!"

What the eeeeeff.
That pissed me off a bit too. If he really loves Haruhi, he needs to show it more. Instead of saying stuff like "Your being a nuisance". If Haruhi wasn't so understanding Tamaki would have lost her by now. I know he's trying to gain his grandmothers trust, but he doesn't have to be so cold to Haruhi. Making Haruhi worry about you, and then telling her to buzz off for a while. Tamaki just doesn't have my support lately.

In the begining their was Cupcake, and Cupcake was with Gir, and Cupcake was Gir. With out Cupcake everything that is would not be.
SoulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:06   Link #186
SheRicoSuave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCorpse View Post
That pissed me off a bit too. If he really loves Haruhi, he needs to show it more. Instead of saying stuff like "Your being a nuisance". If Haruhi wasn't so understanding Tamaki would have lost her by now. I know he's trying to gain his grandmothers trust, but he doesn't have to be so cold to Haruhi. Making Haruhi worry about you, and then telling her to buzz off for a while. Tamaki just doesn't have my support lately.
Exactly. I totally agree. But, if you notice, even though he is a little brash, Hikaru is always there for her (well, Kaoru is too, but I'm proving a point ). As a matter of fact, after Tamaki tells her "thank you," Hikaru and Kaoru run after her when she walks away. I know she rejected them both, but Hikaru's pretty persistant, and hopefully he'll prevail. I'm starting to hope that he will.

HOWEVER.

If Tamaki starts showing some care, I might just be tied down the middle again. Because I really do like him. He's just pissing me off.

But then again... Hikaru is my favorite character...

Oh well. We'll just have to see.
SheRicoSuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 19:36   Link #187
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
..... didn't Tamaki agree to obey his grandmother to protect Haruhi and her dream? Specially since she blamed Tamaki for being responsable for all her misfortunes.

I like Hikaru more, too. He's more entertaining and I like his character. I dig the guys with temper~
But Tono and Haruhi have been the main pairing from the beginning, so I never expected him to suceed. And now he'll fill in the typical "I would have been a better match, because I'd never hurt you like this" role.

Also ch. 76 made pretty clear that
Spoiler for #76:

Ch. 77 is to come out somewhere before christmas as I heard.

@SheRicoSuave, I LOVE your avatar XD Is that taken from the manga?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 06:19   Link #188
fukarming

I am always pro HaruHika. I never dig for HaruTama. As my previous post suggest, I really don't see what is in HaruTama other than they are the main character and official pairing. I root for HaruHika because Haruhi is the few people who can see through between Hikaru and Karou. That is a very strong connection (reminds me of Touch, which Minami is the few who can separate Tetsuya and Katsuya, signalling strong bonds)

Ever since Hikaru is rejected, I kinda lose interest in Ouran....
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 11:16   Link #189
M!rage
~Queen of evil~

haruhi and hikaru look good together but they can't really be together mainly because she must end up with tamaki since he is the main character
M!rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 07:14   Link #190
blewin

the last chapter still isn't out yet? been so long!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 14:42   Link #191
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
the last chapter still isn't out yet? been so long!
the last chapter was out about a month ago... unless you're talking about an omake I don't know about but love to read
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 05:19   Link #192
blewin

thanks! I thought it's not out yet. Will go and search for it now.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:02   Link #193
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
the last chapter was out about a month ago... unless you're talking about an omake I don't know about but love to read
quoting mysef here because I wanted you guys to know that there is an omake and that it just got out !!

lets read it (hoping there's a time skip and not just a side-story) and discuss it, shall we? :3
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:11   Link #194
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Hope the last tankubon has it in as well.