AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-19, 11:57   Link #461
Ragdollomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Agree, though in my view, the color is less of an issues than it shape, For once, I'm pretty sure it chest plate an the Helmet is near impossible with Leather for it to be that thick, The helmet in particular, I don't see much point in a leather Helmet over the steel one, the bit about the mixed armor is perfectly true though
Having just recently read through LN 3, it does mention that he wears a steel helmet. The other metal parts always depicted on him in LN and manga are still never mentioned though.
Ragdollomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 22:30   Link #462
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I feel like I might stop following this thing sometime. I dunno, I don't really trust the manga's director at delivering it's rape borderline hentai "fanservice" and expecting him not to make, say, a rape scene featuring Priestess if even in a form of a bad dream/nightmare. The last chapters have basically been showing that when the LN didn't actually have that, which is really only to capture hentai rape fans or whatever. The only reason I'm sticking around at this point is because of a certain adorable character, and I'd just hate the director to head in that direction (I wouldn't be impressed if he did, at this point).

I think the series would do really well if didn't appeal through cheap shock factor and basically hentai (which is probably how 90% of it's fanbase got into it). The series can be realistic in it's details without having to delve into that kind of territory.

I don't really mind saying this and expect negative feedback. I'm just pouring a bit of my heart here, because I admit to ocassionally falling for cartoons. That said, I can at least say I legitimately enjoyed the first volume of the LN.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 22:59   Link #463
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for GS Year 1 chapter 1:
Old 2017-09-20, 04:49   Link #464
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for ch1 spin off:
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 04:58   Link #465
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
I Can't image what how the battle will be look like if Goblin Slayer against Styx
"It's time for a DEATH BATTTLLEEEE~~~!!!"

Also, I think the whole point for GS no longer having the horns is -probably- because Goblin tried to grab him by the helm...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 05:28   Link #466
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
The last chapters have basically been showing that when the LN didn't actually have that, which is really only to capture hentai rape fans or whatever.
LN didn't actually have that.... In the first volume there is the most violent scene of the whole series, scene in large part skipped in the manga....

So all this polemic for some very few extra rape (chapter 1 rookie sorceress, chapter 15 goblin lord flashback...few panels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
The series can be realistic in it's details without having to delve into that kind of territory.
Exactly how? The result will never be the same with censorship.

Last edited by francescoG1; 2017-09-20 at 06:42.
Old 2017-09-20, 06:09   Link #467
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It would be hilarious if that Goblin Savior trained GS to kill goblins but GS left him before the Goblin Savior could teach all the techniques to kill goblins to him, and then in the present, GS nearly got whooped by a Mummy Goblin in his previous fight, but he was able to escaped from it. That fight made GS realized that he is still weak, so he is decided to seek help from the Goblin Savior so he can complete his Kill Goblin degree this time and learn the ultimate killing goblin ougi: amakakeru ryu no hirameki from Goblin Savior.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 22:03   Link #468
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for Goblin Slayer Master:

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Sept 11 - 17

*7. *87,136 *,*87,136 P to JK Vol.10
*8. *80,131 *,202,348 Ajin Vol.11
*9. *67,496 *,245,965 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.22
10. *60,271 *,*60,271 Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai Vol.10

11. *59,209 *,*59,209 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.18
12. *54,443 *,276,148 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.26
13. *52,457 *,*52,457 Goblin Slayer Vol.3

Quote:
LN didn't actually have that.... In the first volume there is the most violent scene of the whole series, scene in large part skipped in the manga....
What was taken out of the manga? I thought everything was the same.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 00:15   Link #469
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoG1 View Post
Spoiler for ch1 spin off:
“hobbit” is copyrighted so the author invented the race rhea, the kanji is literally “gardener”.

Spoiler for GS's master:

the hint is the ring on his finger in one of the panel.
Old 2017-09-21, 05:14   Link #470
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post

What was taken out of the manga? I thought everything was the same.
There are more details what happened to the steel ranked girls (chapter 4). Their destiny was more brutal especially that of the leader. Goblins' revenge was tremendous.
Old 2017-09-21, 14:05   Link #471
Twi

Year one manga chapter 1 translated.
Old 2017-09-21, 14:29   Link #472
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Year one manga chapter 1 translated.
the rls seems to be missing half of the chapter.
Old 2017-09-21, 15:17   Link #473
Twi

I thought it was the end of the chapter because of the bottom portion had a date on it and the second half would be released later, but it does seem like that when I looked at the korean version.
Old 2017-09-21, 17:52   Link #474
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
“hobbit” is copyrighted so the author invented the race rhea, the kanji is literally “gardener”.

the hint is the ring on his finger in one of the panel.
I didn't know hobbit was copyrighted, thanks. I always wondered why there are so many series I've watched/read don't use that word.

And I was reading the LN and busted out laughing when I realized who his master is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoG1 View Post
There are more details what happened to the steel ranked girls (chapter 4). Their destiny was more brutal especially that of the leader. Goblins' revenge was tremendous.
I don't know who had it worse, the leader or

Spoiler for in light novel:
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 23:11   Link #475
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocav View Post
I didn't know hobbit was copyrighted, thanks. I always wondered why there are so many series I've watched/read don't use that word.
that is why most other works used "halfling".

forgot to add, while not copyrighted, in GS world terminology changes are
elf: forest people
dark elf: dark people
dwarf: miner
human: hume
beastman: pad foot

the ones which retain the common name are lizardman, ogre, and of course, goblin.

I am mildly surprised after 6 books the second most popular dark race, Orc, had not make an appearance, yet.
Old 2017-09-22, 01:39   Link #476
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
the ones which retain the common name are lizardman, ogre, and of course, goblin.

I am mildly surprised after 6 books the second most popular dark race, Orc, had not make an appearance, yet.
Um, was that a joke? Sorry, I'm not always good at catching humor (especially on the Internet).

Seem like the elves call goblins orcs, which is why High Elf Archer always called Goblin Slayer Orcbolg. And following on from the LotR reference, in the Hobbit they were called goblins, then in LotR called them orcs (something like that).

I vaguely know it probably depends on the fantasy world whether the two are separate, or not, but given references, I think that's what intended?

Last edited by Random14; 2017-09-22 at 02:47.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 10:53   Link #477
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Um, was that a joke? Sorry, I'm not always good at catching humor (especially on the Internet).

Seem like the elves call goblins orcs, which is why High Elf Archer always called Goblin Slayer Orcbolg. And following on from the LotR reference, in the Hobbit they were called goblins, then in LotR called them orcs (something like that).

I vaguely know it probably depends on the fantasy world whether the two are separate, or not, but given references, I think that's what intended?
I don't think it's a joke, Orcs are very popular as antagonist, they appeared almost in every single book related to western fantasy. So yes, A very popular dark race
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 12:09   Link #478
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I don't think it's a joke, Orcs are very popular as antagonist, they appeared almost in every single book related to western fantasy. So yes, A very popular dark race
Orcs are also rather famous in Japan too, especially as antagonist in H stories.

Elf and Orc are like the most basic combo for a fantasy H doujin.

Anyway, hope we move into the Water Town arc soon.
Old 2017-09-22, 12:20   Link #479
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
so you are saying orc
“had only the wits, strength, and physical size of small children”?

which is the description of GS’s goblin from book 1. even in LOTR where the term “Orcbolg” came from, goblin and orc are obviously two different races, just because they are related does not mean they are the same. Orc are obviously more adult human size, and the evil equivalence of elf in most fantasy, nobody will mistake goblin as physical equal with elf and human.
Old 2017-09-22, 12:32   Link #480
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Orcs are also rather famous in Japan too, especially as antagonist in H stories.

Elf and Orc are like the most basic combo for a fantasy H doujin.

Anyway, hope we move into the Water Town arc soon.
Japanese Orc in many series is actually Pigman, not typical Orcs in Tolkien fantasy.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy