AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-07-13, 04:44   Link #21
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I'm going to point out the elephant in the room. Sanji didn't do anything this arc power increase wise. Wano is just around the corner Sanji needs an upgrade to hell memories or something.

And BM is going to be the biggest problem now that she's gone nuts. They're going to need a lot of their force to stop her.
Old 2017-07-13, 12:05   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Big Mom's crazed state most likely won't result in casualties this time, but will work to stall her crew so the straw hats can escape smoothly. They will certainly have their hands full for a while trying to survive and appease her.

And I wonder what will happen to Pudding. Normally she'd get killed for failing this hard, but I seem to recall Big Mom needed her third eye's ability or something.
Old 2017-07-13, 15:21   Link #23
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

if this is how this arc ends... by them running away or escaping then it will be a great letdown

Last edited by khoa1708; 2017-07-13 at 22:00.
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 18:13   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if this is how this arc ends... by then running away or escaping then it will be a great letdown
Duh... They have to escape right now e_e their ultimate objective is to rescue Sanji and steal Road Poneglyph from Big Mom, not defeating her. They have to settle the fight later because Straw Hats now already got what they need and they just need to escape right now. Even Straw Hats need more reinforcements rather than what they have right now to defeat Big Mom.

I can expect there will be more casualty again but this time, it will be a very hard time since Big Mom demand wedding cake.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 22:44   Link #25
marvelB

You know, one possibility that I don't think anyone's considered is that Big Mom herself might chase Luffy all the way to Wano. I mean, after crashing her tea party, I think it's safe to say she's wrathful enough to want to pursue him around the world and back in order to get revenge. So why not lead her to another Yonkou's territory, get her mixed up in the conflict there, which in turn would weaken both emperor's forces as she and Kaidou go to war with each other? Sounds like a good way to kill two birds with one stone if you ask me....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 01:20   Link #26
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, one possibility that I don't think anyone's considered is that Big Mom herself might chase Luffy all the way to Wano. I mean, after crashing her tea party, I think it's safe to say she's wrathful enough to want to pursue him around the world and back in order to get revenge. So why not lead her to another Yonkou's territory, get her mixed up in the conflict there, which in turn would weaken both emperor's forces as she and Kaidou go to war with each other? Sounds like a good way to kill two birds with one stone if you ask me....
I think that's exactly what will happen. Luffy isn't at Emperor level yet and the heroes have no choice other than fleeing with the power levels they have. BM is so furious, she might stop to kill some of her own crew, but she's eventually going to pursue the SHs. My guess for the future would be Kaidou and Big Mom will eventually fight and that will be when we see BM (and Dogtooth, Smoothie, Jack, etc...) go all out in a fight, but Kaidou will win. After that, Luffy will beat Kaidou with some kind of an atomic bomb technique and then the SHs will go on to Raftel and Blackbeard.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 06:47   Link #27
Ramero

Quote:
That will be hard to happen unless Big Mom is on serious rampage mode. Marines tend to keep them in check and will do their best effort to prevent them from meeting each other.
Old 2017-07-14, 08:48   Link #28
Clipens

Quote:
There are various "Big Mom" in Whole Cake Island. One reincarnation could follow the crew creating various homies in the ship during the process...
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 13:19   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I've thought about this scenario too and it's interesting. Luffy only really needs to defeat Blackbeard legitimately to prove his superiority over all the yonkou (we all know Blackbeard will be the strongest one if he isn't already). The problem though is that Big Mom's intervention in the Wano arc could potentially do more harm than good from a quality storytelling perspective. Oda would have way too many characters to juggle and that could lead to certain elements lacking proper development and rushing things. Personally, I'd like the focus of the Wano arc to be on Kaido and the Shogun. Based on what we know and have seen, there seems to be enough going on as it is already over there.

I think Big Mom's return would be more appropriate for when the strawhats visit Elbaf. That would coincide nicely with her past and bring things full circle for proper closure.
Old 2017-07-14, 14:51   Link #30
J4n1

Maybe Wano arc goes without BM, but after that we get BM, Kaidou, Strawhats 3 way battle arc.

The idea of BM starting to hunt Strawhats sounds pretty fun, it's too early to defeat her without some new gimmick, but having 2 yonkou's fighting each other and the Strawhats could give them a legitimate win.

Though maybe the pirate alliance takes down Kaidou, and then BM comes over the horizon, having spent the Wano arc licking her wounds and getting her crews together to bring a real overkill to teach Strawhats a lesson.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 01:51   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm curious to see what happens. It would make sense for BM to play a role in the upcoming arc. She's that pissed. Hard to believe she'd sit on her hands while Luffy and company take on Kaido. In the end the world of One Piece is a big place and now multiple forces are in motion.

Though it might not be like she'll jump into that situation immediately. Maybe she'll only really get involved near the end or right after they defeat Kaido. And there's no telling if things will stay that simple. With 2 Yonkou in motion there's always the possibility of other factions moving about.

Either way that's a lucky break having BM go berserk. Will keep her own forces desperately struggling to stay alive. Should make for an easier escape. Well hopefully.
Old 2017-07-16, 06:05   Link #32
Ramero

Most likely it will happened at Elbaf since it is where Big Mom's second hometown is and i believe Elbaf is where they will settle the fight.
Old 2017-07-16, 15:07   Link #33
Kaz_

I really dont mind BM slaying A LOT of his own crew. There are a lot of those guys and they are just DF powered cannon fodder waiting to get killed. Their cook related abilities are nothing extra-awesome or anything. Other than Katakuri, they can die here for all I care.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 16:13   Link #34
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
I really dont mind BM slaying A LOT of his own crew. There are a lot of those guys and they are just DF powered cannon fodder waiting to get killed. Their cook related abilities are nothing extra-awesome or anything. Other than Katakuri, they can die here for all I care.
His? You Think Big Mom is a dude!?

I think your missing the point of the Arc. Katakuri is not the only non fodder a lot of the people at the Tea Party is stronger than what you give them credit for.

Cracker would waste everybody there on top of everybody else would be there if he was still there so stop puffing up Katakuri, he hasn't actually accomplished much besides killing two people Jigra and the Priest guy, he failed a lot more than getting wins.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote