AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-19, 18:15   Link #1
Mi-Roo
Lovable Loli
*Graphic Designer

50 Rules For Teenagers

"Whats On The Back Of The Book?"
The desire for a normal teenage life haunts the overworked and under-appreciated Mi-Roo. While most girls her age are carefree and boy-crazy, she is bound to the grueling gigs of student, homemaker and full-time babysitter to her siblings. With a mother who's mostly missing-in-action and a twin brother who's best at doing nothing, Mi-Roo is trapped in a constant balancing act of housework and homework. But she's no superhero - it's going to take more than a little determination to stay in control of this whirlwind!

"Why Have I Not Heard Of This Manga Before?"
It's not very surprising if you haven't seen or heard of it before. There are only two translated volumes that I am aware of and weither there is even more than two that aren't translated is unknown to me. It's not a very well-known manga; one of those "underground" sort of books.

"Where Does It Originate From And Whom Is The Author?"
The manga originates from Korea - 50 Rules For Teenagers was the very first manga I've ever seen on shelves here that has came from Korea. The author is called Na Ye-Ri. I find her artwork and script to be both amazing. Its well-drawn and worth a good few laughs. I diffenately recommend giving it a read or look over, even if there is only two volumes avalible in english.

If you have happened to have read this manga, please respond with your thoughts on the story! I've been searching far and wide for fellow fans.
Old 2009-11-19, 21:36   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

For some reason I find it ridiculously hilarious that Mi-Roo thought...whatever that idol dancing thing is called, is totally, like, cool.

Kinda shows how transient and localized "coolness" really is. I mean, yeah, I get the teenagers exploring identity thing, not all that different from today's whatever-is-in-right-now, but still. Idol dancing. Haha. Ha.

Oh, right, manwha. Well, I like it well enough, fun characters good dynamics, though the chubby chibi forms get seriously annoying (reminds me of the Wallflower, ugh).
Old 2009-11-20, 15:16   Link #3
Mi-Roo
Lovable Loli
*Graphic Designer

I find the chibi-art to be a love-or-hate thing within the mangas. Personally, they don't bother me but I'm mostly in it for the humour than the art (admitidly).

Spoiler for Valentines Day:

This was one of my favorite parts in both volumes.
I used to make my own sister say such things with bribes. Ahh, memories. xD;
Old 2009-11-20, 19:43   Link #4
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I always liked series where there is a brother and sister relationship without the incest or hinted incest. It's a decent series, nothing special yet though.
Closed Thread