AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 8 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 43.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-01, 02:36   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Boku wa Tomodachi... ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2013-04-01, 03:25   Link #2
Makoto Yuki

Animation - 9
Voice Actors - 8
Script - 7 (mostly cliche)
Editing - 8
Enjoyment - 8
Emotional Involvement - 9.5 (especially with Yozora and Rika)

Average = 8.25/8.5
Old 2013-04-01, 09:03   Link #3
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Animation Quality: 7
Nothing out of the ordinary.

Voice Actors: 8
Great job all around, but Rika's VA takes the cake.

Script: 6
The story by itself isn't all that new. In fact I don't think I watched this show for the story, but rather for some of the characters which managed to captivate me enough to keep me coming back every week.

Soundtrack: 7
Loved the ED. The OP got a few points in my book after I realized its connection to the story, but honestly I can't even tell if there was music during the episodes because I didn't notice it It's that little of an impression.

Editing: I'll pass on judging this one.

Enjoyment: 8
Rika.
The show had its fun moments, but Rika simply stole the show for me. It's fair to say that I watched every episode after a certain point just to see what she'd do next.

Emotional Involvement: 3
I think the show wants me to like Sena and/or Yozora.. but I honestly dislike both of them, thus sending a big part of the show flyin' outside the window.

All things considered, I'll give it a 7/10... or a 3.5/5 in anime-planet standards
Old 2013-04-02, 03:43   Link #4
Aqua Knight

Animation - 8
VA - 8
Story - 6
OST - 7
Enjoyment - 7.5
Emotional Involvment (Rika) - 9.5

Overall: 7.6 rounded up to 8, mainly due to Rika

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2013-04-02 at 03:57.
Old 2013-04-03, 00:08   Link #5
mtgowns

Animation - 7 - Not particularly impressive, but it does the job just fine.

VA - 9.5. Amazing voice work, every voice has a personality and the delivery is always fitting.

Script/Story - 6.5. I think the anime does a poor job at taking advantage of the setting, which feels all too overdone. The plot is very average, too. The dialogue isn't exceptionally clever and can get a bit dry, but it has a lot of good emotional and comical stretches.

OST - 6. The music fits the theme, but the tracks are very forgettable.

Enjoyment - 8. It's very fun to watch the characters grow as people as they learn to deal with each other and find out what their tipping point is. Lots of laughs to be had, too. The show occasionally feels too self-absorbed, though - it's as if there's almost nothing in the world other than the Neighbors Club.

Emotional Involvement - 5. It's more of a personal preference I suppose, but I can't bring myself to get too involved with the characters. At the end of the day they're just high school kids learning the ropes in a sheltered setting. Not really the kind of crowd that I would stress myself over, but they're still an adorable bunch.

Average: 7.3/10. I don't weight "Emotional Involvement" very highly so I'll just give the show a 7.5/10 which I rounded up as an 8 in the poll.
Old 2013-04-10, 02:11   Link #6
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

Animation - 9/10
VA - 8/10
Story - 8/10 - I enjoyed this season a lot than the previous one :]
OST - 8.5/10 for me I liked both OP and ED and the background theme but I only add ED in my mp3 =)
Enjoyment: 8 - Rika and Maria makes this anime funnier =) ( but I admit in this season Rika is so cute ;D
Emotional Involvement - 8/10 ( with yozora and sena )
Old 2013-04-10, 03:32   Link #7
blackstormattack

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 8
Soundtrack: 10
Editing: 9
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 8

Personally I mind the ending because Kodaka has some emotional problems (missed some part apparently why he has commitment issues) because he is too late in responding to Sena. I think I should read the light novel to understand more about this...
Old 2013-04-16, 08:10   Link #8
Nevellin

Animation Quality: 8
Voice Actors: 9
Script: 7
Soundtrack: 8
Editing: 9
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 10 - Sena and Rika.

One of the little things that annoys me its the lack of interest of others guys in the members of the club. Yes, its a harem, but I think that a lot of authors are too much limited in this "Who the protagonist will get in the end?" bullshit. =P

If a new member, a boy, enter in the club and show a clear interest in one of the members, it would push Kodaka to make a decision, or at least to grow a little bit.
Old 2013-04-18, 08:11   Link #9
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Definitely better than S1, but the last episode was way too lame, also the student council was presented as a paper thin plot device, and Kodaka confirmed the existence of "yaoi ana"... On the other hand, Rika was awesome, Kobato was even more cute than S1 and novel/manga(s) however this is possible Now plot/characters aside, it looked better, but leaps and bounds away from SHAFT's adaption of the other Buriki's work (Denpa Onna, and another generic teenager's harem), VAs did great work, and the OP wasn't as bad as S1, and overall worked better.
Old 2013-04-30, 03:20   Link #10
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok been on a marathon with this anime since season 1 a few weeks back. Just finished it.
Both Season 1 and Season 2 are a 9/10 for me.

Animation Quality: 10/10 - DVD/Bluray's on season 1 had corrections and on season 2 the lighter coloring nailed it for me

Voice Actors: 10/10 - perfect voices for each character

Script: 7/10 - overall the script is great, but there are times it gets annoying specially on Yozora's side of things and Kodaka's mentality which I wanna punch him and knock some sense out of him. I bet some may agree on me with this.

Soundtrack: 7/10 - kinda of a mix bag for me, but I do like the intro "Be My Friend"

Editing: 8/10 - DVD/Blurays are way to go.

Enjoyment: 9.5/10 - season2 ending nuff said, but overall I did enjoy the series ALOT.

Emotional Involvement: 9/10 - I can relate to the problems of the characters here, but at times simple things like what Sena said in the second season really changes things dramatically which I like. Too bad the ending is open ended.

Needs a new ova or a 3rd season!
Old 2013-05-18, 03:08   Link #11
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I'd say it was better than season 1 but it make have me dislike Yozora, I remember wanting her with Kodaka at the end of season 1 but during season 2 in my opinion she was a stick in the mud. Season 2 kind of had me rooting for Sena or Yukimura now since it seems to me Rika is out of the picture since now she seems to be in the friend zone with him :P

I don't read the novel series like most of you do so I had a feeling Kodaka was just acting like a moron with all the girls like that, I just didn't think he could really be that well you get the picture, still nice to see he was but was glad Rika had it out with him in the season finale though, cuz he really needed to open up his eyes about this. He needs to just pick some one already or either way some one will get hurt having the club close down. As it is, with Yozora leaving the club possibly, could cause trouble for the gang. I think this show is setting up for a KodakaxSelena ending though, with Yozora being in the friend zone next as thats what she really needs right now, a true friend not romance yet.

Over all, I'd give it a 9. I hate that we have to wait a while before getting a Third season, we have so much left in the air right now, they wouldn't end it like this would they?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Closed Thread