AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-24, 02:42   Link #81
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

White Devil is a fanon title for Nanoha. Likewise, Fate's fanon title opposite of Nanoha's is Black Angel. However, the only canon title she has is "Ace of Aces".

Fate's canon title is "Golden Lightning", I think. Hayate's nickname was...Mistress of the Night Sky?

Anyway, Signum and Vita have a title too if I'm not wrong, but don't hold me up on it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-24, 02:47   Link #82
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
White Devil is a fanon title for Nanoha. Likewise, Fate's fanon title opposite of Nanoha's is Black Angel. However, the only canon title she has is "Ace of Aces".

Fate's canon title is "Golden Lightning", I think. Hayate's nickname was...Mistress of the Night Sky?

Anyway, Signum and Vita have a title too if I'm not wrong, but don't hold me up on it.
IIRC, Signum's title is "Blazing Flame General", which was originally a title bestowed upon her by the Book of Darkness, and Vita's would be "Scarlet Iron Knight".

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-24, 03:37   Link #83
Once and Current Subber

Keep in mind that the rank system isn't just descriptive, but more like a certification - you take a test to get "promoted", which verifies that you've learned all the stuff that you're supposed to know at that rank, and can actually use it. We see Fate's AAA-rank test in a chapter of the manga, including a mock battle with Chrono (she loses, but does well enough to count.)

Skills have a rank associated with them, and doing a particular skill when it's harder than your achieved rank is a special sort of accomplishment - so Teana's ability to use Variable Shot, which is a AA-rank skill, is actually doin' really well for a B-rank mage.

The only problem I have is that, if flying is A-rank, well... the TSA has a friggin' ton of flying mages. We see whole crowds of flying mages in A's and early in StrikerS. Presumably the majority of those mages are actually A-rank and not just gifted aviators, so that means that there's actually a pretty good amount of A-rank mages in the TSA (at least in the air force arm.) Kind of puts a limit on how rare that rank is, and obviously the new forwards have a ways to go on that score.

(Mind you, we've seen precisely one army battalion, and they're absolutely not up to magical snuff, to the point where they were more or less overwhelmed by -firefighting- until some kids on vacation showed up. So it's not too much to say that the TSA has a definite bias towards higher-ranked mages in the air arm, and thus we'd expect to see very few mages with high ranks come up through the ground forces. Or, if people tend to join up with the ground forces, like Subaru, and then get promoted into the air arm when they master the skills necessary, that'd be a source of really fierce interservice rivalry...)

Anyway, just because none of the new forwards are A-rank, it doesn't mean that they're unable to fly. However, where their capabilities exceed their rank, the show's been letting us know, and we haven't seen any of them catch air yet, so it's entirely reasonable to guess that they can't actually do it yet. However, it's just the sort of thing that we'd see in a moment of dramatic tension... of course, Caro doesn't really need to fly herself when she can just catch a ride, but still. Adding flight capability to Subaru wouldn't improve radically on her Wing Road either. But it would make a tremendous difference to both Teana and Elio, so if either of them need a mid-season power-up, we can expect this to be in there somewhere.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:09   Link #84
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
With regards to mage rank, about 5% of population (I forgot if its mage population) achives AAA rank.

Also even if its not often used Fate also have "Striker Friendship" under her belt.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:19   Link #85
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
That was just supposition people made a little ago on the episode 08 thread. However no cannon material has been released whether SSS is monster-exclusive or not.
Actually speaking, recent Megami (iirc) magazine actually describes Hayate as "one of the highest-rank among TSAB".
(It's the same article to the one that had the infamous "time table")

This does NOT, however, defines that there were/will be no human mage of SS+ and above.
It simply says that Hayate is of highest rank at present time, and under TSAB rank, so there're lots of room for exception.
Old 2007-05-24, 09:47   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
So... In other words... It still doesn't prove anything, does it?
Old 2007-05-24, 10:15   Link #87
Thisguy
Negikamo

^
Well... yeah, kinda.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:08   Link #88
Aaron008R

Okay, my question now. I remember a conversation in A's about Lotte begging Chrono to release their powers during his conversation with Graham (After Chrono captured the Lieze twins). Just wondering, is it an additional effect of Struggle Bind? You'd get to hold the power of the one you captured even when the bonds are not present? If so, perhaps the limiters work in a similar way.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-25, 04:24   Link #89
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Is that even struggle bind? i dont remember him actually saying the bind name when he caught lieze twin.They just suddenly got bind out of nowhere.
Perhaps after the twin rendered unmovable, he casted something else on em with similar effect to limiter.It might not be necessarily part of the bind itself.

So far we have seen that device's limiters are removed through long arch control station.Most probably body's limiter also worked the same just require special key or something ala gaogaigar.Since there is level activation for the device , perhaps they could also control the amount of body's limiter release (Hayate goes from AA to S only for example)
Old 2007-05-25, 04:33   Link #90
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Is that even struggle bind? i dont remember him actually saying the bind name when he caught lieze twin.They just suddenly got bind out of nowhere.

Perhaps after the twin rendered unmovable, he casted something else on em with similar effect to limiter.It might not be necessarily part of the bind itself.
He did mention the name of the spell (in english no less), when the binds activated unto the twins before he revealed himself.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:34   Link #91
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

I see. But the limiter being some kind of bind sounds quite feasible to me.

And by the way, he did identify the bind as Struggle Bind and provided an explanation after he caught the twins.

Thanks.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-25, 04:35   Link #92
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Ahh ok i forgot about it then my bad,Thanks... Yuuno struggle bind doesn't seem to have that effect though, he used em much in A's if i remember correctly.

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-25 at 04:47.
Old 2007-05-25, 05:43   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chrono's Struggle bind was described as "A very powerful binding spell that also acts as a magical "ground", specifically, it inhibits magical abilities of the target and can even dissolve transformations in use"

While Yuuno's Struggle bind was simply to bind.

I remember Chrono saying that he had learnt from the twins to always continuously improve himself, so I believe it is possible that Chrono had 'customized' his bind to add in those other effects.
Old 2007-05-26, 22:33   Link #94
Zelene2004

What is this 300 and the Legion that I keep reading everywhere?

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2007-05-26, 22:47   Link #95
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One of those things that remind us that the forum discussions are full of traps and illusions
Old 2007-05-26, 23:23   Link #96
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelene2004 View Post
What is this 300 and the Legion that I keep reading everywhere?
Ha ha. That brings back some funny things to mind. '300' is the name people that support Yuuno x Nanoha relationship gave themselves. 'The Legion' is the name we, those who support Fate x Nanoha relationship, gave ourselves. We used to fight a lot about this in the episode threads and it went so out of control that when it was driven from one thread it jumped to another. Heck even the Image thread was attained by the war. This was stopped a long while after, since people began to grow tired of the shipping wars and so you get an idea of how out of control it went, Moderators and other staff members had to step in, although some of the members (300 and Legion) were already trying to stop it by the time Mods. stepped in.
Old 2007-05-27, 08:36   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, I'm more surprised when h- *runs to check profile* erm, SHE said 'everywhere'

Did you mean just in AS-forums? Or did we really went global?
Old 2007-05-28, 16:25   Link #98
darkalpha

I'll make it simple: are there any text-based translations of ANY (I'd prefer all of them) of Nanoha CD dramas?

Due to my deafness, it bothers me a lot that I'm missing out on scenes and dialogue from them since they're audio-based.
Old 2007-05-28, 16:29   Link #99
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The music discussion thread has several translations, provided by Nagumo.
Old 2007-05-29, 02:40   Link #100
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Ok my turn to ask something that I feel I should already know^^

What is the ranking system in the TSAB I have looked at all of the (USA) military branches and it seams to be a combination of them but not in order. A little help would be appreciated^^

Links, lists, or anything at all thanks
Closed Thread