AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-16, 23:59   Link #101
Chibikiwi

I just hope that Saki can find happiness and isn't the reason she chose to pilot a valvrave (besides fame, fortune, and recognition) because she wanted to ease Haruto's loneliness and pain?
Old 2013-06-17, 00:18   Link #102
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I'll say that ep 10 is just the beginning of Saki and Haruto development as a couple/pairing, season 2 will focus more on their relationship.
Old 2013-06-17, 01:02   Link #103
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
I just hope that Saki can find happiness and isn't the reason she chose to pilot a valvrave (besides fame, fortune, and recognition) because she wanted to ease Haruto's loneliness and pain?
no, it was to ease her own pain

but it's a rather complicated issue

she is lonely, but she doesn't want to be friends with just anyone
she is looking for soul mates
she sees one in lonely "vampire" Haruto
that's the one she really wants to bond with

all the twitter fans are just a stop gap measure and power trip getting to her head
has she even brought it up again?
where's her revived fan club?

it seems she still very much a loner
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-17, 01:59   Link #104
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
no, it was to ease her own pain

but it's a rather complicated issue

she is lonely, but she doesn't want to be friends with just anyone
she is looking for soul mates
she sees one in lonely "vampire" Haruto
that's the one she really wants to bond with

all the twitter fans are just a stop gap measure and power trip getting to her head
has she even brought it up again?
where's her revived fan club?

it seems she still very much a loner
Since the rep system is no more I'll just leave a *thumbs up*
Old 2013-06-17, 21:47   Link #105
shadow1296

okay, i think saki loved haruto since before he got into the valvrave because one thing back in ep 6 after she asks haruto how it felt to become a forsaken vampire she says "you know, I've always..." then their interrupted by shoko, now because of the atmosphere of that scene it seems like a confession and hints she may of loved since before the valvrave
Old 2013-06-17, 23:56   Link #106
Key Board
Carbon

I doubt she even knew him in person

or else her reaction would have been more severe when she found his "corpse" in the first episode

she probably heard of him as that boy everyone bullies, though
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-18, 00:03   Link #107
shadow1296

Quote:
I doubt she even knew him in person

or else her reaction would have been more severe when she found his "corpse" in the first episode

she probably heard of him as that boy everyone bullies, though
maybe then again kyuuma had confirmed he had a pulse so she knew he wasn't dead at the time, plus she doesn't seem the type to do those type of reactions, so who knows

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-06-18 at 00:15. Reason: grammer
Old 2013-06-18, 00:39   Link #108
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
She sent him a Friend Request only at the end of ep1. Seeing how much these guys love using social media, this is a good indicator he and Saki rarely hanged up together.

I think what she wanted to say to Haruto is that she didn't lie about her past (after all, it happened soon after Haruto mentioned that she was lying) and wanted to give him more details about it and explain why exactly she is obsessed with fame.
Old 2013-06-18, 04:54   Link #109
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
okay, i think saki loved haruto since before he got into the valvrave because one thing back in ep 6 after she asks haruto how it felt to become a forsaken vampire she says "you know, I've always..." then their interrupted by shoko, now because of the atmosphere of that scene it seems like a confession and hints she may of loved since before the valvrave
It's possibble, who knows.

IIRC, Saki was somewhat of a loner and rarely interacted with anyone correct ?
In the first episode, when Haruto, Shouko , Kyuma, and Aina were sweeping leaves (I guess) at the Shrine where apparently," If you pray there your love will be requited", Saki was present. She didn't seem to be a part of their clique but she was there and was while may be unintentional listening to Haruto and the others conversation. I found her presence there a bit odd.

Make of it what you will.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:37   Link #110
queenSwild

I thought that she was there because of Aina who was her only friend.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2013-06-18 at 14:05.
Old 2013-06-18, 16:33   Link #111
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IIRC, Saki was somewhat of a loner and rarely interacted with anyone correct ?
In the first episode, when Haruto, Shouko , Kyuma, and Aina were sweeping leaves (I guess) at the Shrine where apparently," If you pray there your love will be requited", Saki was present. She didn't seem to be a part of their clique but she was there and was while may be unintentional listening to Haruto and the others conversation. I found her presence there a bit odd.
Actually, the scene right before that showed that Saki was suppose to be at a swimming class she'd scheduled for a make up but was blowing off. So it made sense to me what was going on, which was she'd blown off class and had ended up at the shrine where Haruto, Shouko, Kyuma, and Aina where also present, so she could skip the class but not be totally alone. While I don't think she knew Haruto, Shouko, or Kyuma all that well, I believe a later episode showed she was a friend, at least in passing, with Aina. So I interpreted it as Saki was hanging out on the fringe of the group because she knew them a bit but was the main reason was to just skip out on class.
Old 2013-06-18, 16:44   Link #112
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Say after everything that happened in ep 10, do u guys still think that she obsess with being famous and idol again?
Old 2013-06-18, 16:48   Link #113
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Say after everything that happened in ep 10, do u guys still think that she obsess with being famous and idol again?
no i don't think she is anymore
Old 2013-06-18, 18:26   Link #114
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Sucky life made her obsessed about it.
She might become even more obsessed about it after that super-sucky event...
Old 2013-06-18, 18:27   Link #115
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Actually, the scene right before that showed that Saki was suppose to be at a swimming class she'd scheduled for a make up but was blowing off. So it made sense to me what was going on, which was she'd blown off class and had ended up at the shrine where Haruto, Shouko, Kyuma, and Aina where also present, so she could skip the class but not be totally alone. While I don't think she knew Haruto, Shouko, or Kyuma all that well, I believe a later episode showed she was a friend, at least in passing, with Aina. So I interpreted it as Saki was hanging out on the fringe of the group because she knew them a bit but was the main reason was to just skip out on class.
Valid points, but even so I still found it a bit odd that she was there of all places, I mean she could have easily go somewhere else to skip class.
Quote:
I believe that she stopped think along these lines or at the very least put them aside for moment after Aina's death.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:57   Link #116
Key Board
Carbon

if she really cared about fame, she would capitalize her "comeback" to

-- start her own clique
-- reopen her fanclub
-- promote a new single

she's hasn't done either
Old 2013-06-19, 05:23   Link #117
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
if she really cared about fame, she would capitalize her "comeback" to

-- start her own clique
-- reopen her fanclub
-- promote a new single

she's hasn't done either
It might be too late for this kind of stuff to come, given the recent string of events and the facts that most students are pretty much likely to die anyway, but only time will tell. And I thought Saki should have sung her new song earlier (her tribute song in episode 5 doesn't count).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-19, 11:55   Link #118
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well, she does still showboat a little (or try to) in mecha battles. I think she preferred it when the only Valvrave pilots were Haruto and her, because she probably feels a bit less "special" being one of four instead of one of two.

But Saki is practical. She knows she has to pick her spots. And she knows that some things are beyond her control.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:27   Link #119
NeutralZero

The being obsess to fame for Saki seems to be more of a facade than her true wish or intention...
her being sad may have also been that she and Haruto aren't the only one sharing the same secret or fate anymore...
Old 2013-06-21, 10:41   Link #120
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, she seems to be pretty indifferent about it and just playing it cool, implying the act isn't a facade.

That's why she's the best!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters