3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-31, 11:44   Link #81
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
plenty of plotholes? yes...such as why the plavsky particle is still working?
but at this point, in the final episode, it doesn't really matter and I don't really care
Its implied that Reiji's using up his own crystal to make the battle possible. Because as the battle goes on, it begins to crack away. On a more touching note, it seems that as soon as he realizes that he won't be able to stay for very long, this is when he gives the control over to Sei so Sei could properly move on without him.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:47   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really great final. I ended up completely falling in love with this series. I never thought a show about gunpla could be so amazing. Props to Sunrise. They did a nice job with the shippping too.

My only complaint is that it was too short. 25 episodes is not enough!
Old 2014-03-31, 12:01   Link #83
Blazer-X

Just noticed something: Is it just me, or do the characters seemed to be drawn a bit weird when they were all launching at the beginning of the episode?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 12:02   Link #84
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a really great final. I ended up completely falling in love with this series. I never thought a show about gunpla could be so amazing. Props to Sunrise. They did a nice job with the shippping too.

My only complaint is that it was too short. 25 episodes is not enough!
25 episodes is fine by me as long as it ends nicely. But if you want something more, we'll just gonna hope that Sunrise can make an OVA episode where Sei meets Haru Irie and Kyoshiro... via Reiji's Plavsky crystal!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 12:20   Link #85
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
plenty of plotholes? yes...such as why the plavsky particle is still working?
but at this point, in the final episode, it doesn't really matter and I don't really care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Its implied that Reiji's using up his own crystal to make the battle possible. Because as the battle goes on, it begins to crack away. On a more touching note, it seems that as soon as he realizes that he won't be able to stay for very long, this is when he gives the control over to Sei so Sei could properly move on without him.
Exactly as X says. And after that (as has been said before) Nils and Caroline were able to re-create the plavsky particle.
Old 2014-03-31, 12:24   Link #86
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Just noticed something: Is it just me, or do the characters seemed to be drawn a bit weird when they were all launching at the beginning of the episode?
This episode has a lot of QUALITY shot

Mostly in the background though
Old 2014-03-31, 12:26   Link #87
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Sei was hardly on Reiji or Yuuki league, he's more about Mao's, certainly better than Sazaki or Gonda but not world champion tier

Twice he fought superior opponent to a standstill, twice he use superior gunpla.

Against Reiji, he use Mk.II, several tier above Beginning. Against Yuuki, he use unscratched kitbash that is Build Strike, against heavily damaged, heavily imbalanced Exia with Kampfer parts.

Sei STILL have a room to grow, which is why Reiji said Sei need to become stronger.
When you put it that way, it puts me at ease. Its an explanation I can swallow & live with.

Yup, much better than him being on par with either Yuuki or Reiji. But I don't like how the episode put it, the episode put it in such a way that it implied that he's on par with them, but because he didn't want to damage his gunpla, that it was holding him back.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 12:29   Link #88
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

the implication is that Sei have the TALENT all along, he doesn't have the training, experience, and his lack of resolve hinder him even more.

The moral of this story is always about hard work, Reiji spend hours in a day to grind himself to the point of injury, it's because raw talent alone is never enough.
Old 2014-03-31, 12:40   Link #89
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously, we need a second season of this. Like maybe at 2016.

There is the promise thing.

Arian was vaguely shown,

Plavsky Particle's true uses and secrets behind how they even really work was never revealed (Like how the true purpose of GN Drives wasn't revealed in Season 1 but was revealed in Season 2), but I guess it doesn't matter that much since Nils was able to develop an alternative.

Fight against Tatsuya/Meijin was never settled properly mostly because of Mashita getting in the way, and also Plavsky Particles disappearing at the middle of the battle
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 12:46   Link #90
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When this episode ended, a little part of me died. I desperately clicked towards the end part of the episode. After the commercials I was praying for a preview.

There was nothing and I almost cried.

But I'm happy with this episode. And I am far happier with the series. Thanks Sunrise. Thanks for sticking with Build Fighters even though the initial outlook was horrible. It blossomed into something utterly amazing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 13:07   Link #91
Raso

Ral was using a Best Mecha Collection Gouf when he fought Reiji... The thing is ancient and literally had no joints. pic.twitter.com/AfB4cDsfwS just look at the thing, no joints, no real arm movement and it probably can't even walk in gravity.

Could barely even be called at gunpla...

The current Gouf was built in episode 3 and he refused to fight Reiji with it.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 13:08   Link #92
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It's arms are almost new and perfectly match, it's using a tricky melee weapon made by top class builder, it's legs are COMPLETELY INTACT

Compare to Amazing Exia, using Kampfer parts on one arm and one leg destroy the balance, and the Exia parts are halfway pulverized
Ur missing the point of his reply, we know all of what I just quoted from you

He was simply calling you out for using "unscratched" when the Build Strike was indeed damaged
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 13:42   Link #93
Bombo
TSF Fans

OMG ...WHAT A PREFECT ENDING !!!!
Master asia!? + gouf OVERPOWER !!!!

I love it !!!!
+baker will never let her chairman alone...I love her >_<

in the end I will miss all gunpla battles..Idk how to react with new series gundam from now on...
10/10
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 14:06   Link #94
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Where is Arian anyways? Looks like some undiscovered middle east country...

Gouf + Master gundam ftw
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 14:14   Link #95
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Where is Arian anyways? Looks like some undiscovered middle east country...

Gouf + Master gundam ftw
Look at the sky there.... That is not Earth.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:15   Link #96
monster

This was another good final episode in gundam, particularly everything after the destruction of the crystal.

And I think that's how it should end. No need for a sequel.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:24   Link #97
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Demands Second Season.

Nils said no more Gunpla battles, but as soon as I saw Gyan battle at the end.......wtf? How they create more Plavsky particles?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:29   Link #98
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Nils said no more Gunpla battles, but as soon as I saw Gyan battle at the end.......wtf? How they create more Plavsky particles?
It looks like Nils and Caroline made a breakthrough discovery.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:31   Link #99
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Demands Second Season.

The power of science?

Early in the series Nils had alluded to the plavsky particles being similar to something that had already been known (or at least, theorized). Hence his joining the tournament in the first place. He also had the opportunity to at least scan Reiji's crystal at least once during the tournament.

Given time, and the crazy amount of resources Caroline has he was going to replicate them eventually. What's more, should he have created the particle he'd hoped for to begin with, it can not only restore gunpla but those other ideals (furthering medical knowledge, etc.) as well.
Old 2014-03-31, 15:34   Link #100
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It looks like Nils and Caroline made a breakthrough discovery.
Don't forget Nils is a ninja
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote