AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 07:29   Link #2901
JustRob

Spoiler for manga spoilers...:

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-28 at 07:42.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 07:41   Link #2902
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-28 at 11:08.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 08:00   Link #2903
JustRob

Well, I guess that kinda makes sense... Sorry for leaving out the spoiler tags :P
Old 2013-03-28, 18:14   Link #2904
JustRob

I've got another one I've been thinking a lot about:

When the Uchiha planned a coup d'etat, was the whole clan in on it? Was the friendly fat old lady from Sasuke's flashback in on it? Was Sasuke seriously the only Uchiha child living in the Uchiha clan area that took up a portion of the entire city?
Old 2013-03-28, 18:18   Link #2905
james0246

Quote:
I've got another one I've been thinking a lot about:

When the Uchiha planned a coup d'etat, was the whole clan in on it? Was the friendly fat old lady from Sasuke's flashback in on it? Was Sasuke seriously the only Uchiha child living in the Uchiha clan area that took up a portion of the entire city?
Kishimoto has never answered those questions. It seems a little hard to believe that Sasuke was the only Uchiha child at the time of the massacre, but Kishimoto has been mum on the issue for fear of actually making Itachi look like the monster he is (my opinion at least).
Old 2013-03-29, 04:23   Link #2906
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 09:40   Link #2907
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Does that make sense in context?

It sounds weird.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 09:49   Link #2908
JustRob

So there were other kids who didn't know about the coup?
Spoiler for Uchiha massacre:

Also, here's another one: Ages ago, when Sakura and Naruto asked Sai about Danzo he showed them he had a seal on his tongue. But couldn't he just write everything down? There's no seals on his hands, right?

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-03-29 at 10:51.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 10:46   Link #2909
james0246

Quote:
Also, here's another one: Ages ago, when Sakura and Naruto asked Sai about Danzo he showed them he had a seal on his tongue. But couldn't he just write everything down? There's no seals on his hands, right?
While never explicitly stated, I feel it is safe to assume that the seal (which is meant to paralyze the victim) would be activated even if the victim were to attempt to write down any information.
Old 2013-03-29, 10:52   Link #2910
itachi-san314

Quote:
So there were other kids who didn't know about the coup? Or was Danzo talking about Sasuke?
there were obviously other kids. like Hunter said, Kishi didn't want to show Itachi murdering children since he was to become a sympathetic character it would make it more difficult for readers to overcome those images.
Spoiler for Uchiha massacre:
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 10:57   Link #2911
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It just shows why you shouldn't reuse the same word in the same sentence, which is a little sad considering that was the official US translation.
Please use spoiler tags, I know it's not really spoilerish but this pic is from an event yet to happen in the anime nonetheless.
Spoiler:

Quote:
You like to ask question without real answer don't you? Let's say that this seal was hardwired from the tongue through his entire nervous system. And for your next question Danzou chose to place it there because he was an old pervert who liked to put his fingers into kids mouth.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 11:04   Link #2912
JustRob

Well, questions with real answers I mostly already know. What's interesting is the stuff that don't have an answer yet.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:36   Link #2913
JustRob

Alright, let's try a question I think does have a real answer, which I'm not sure about:

Does every Mangekyou Sharingan user get Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu? Or is each Mangekyou unique? Because Sasuke has Amaterasu, and I think the genjutsu he used on Danzou was referred to as a undeveloped version of Tsukuyomi once.

Spoiler:

If each Mangekyou is unique to the user, then what decides which Mangekyou they get?

Also, what exactly are the requirements for Susano? Itachi made it sound like they were Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, but Sasuke stated only those who have awakened the Mangekyou in both eyes can use it.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-30, 02:25   Link #2914
HasuMasu
*Artist

I think you actually do already know the answer to those.

Spoiler for manga:
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:00   Link #2915
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:19   Link #2916
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Here there is a doubt I was having and wanted others' opinion. Is it okay to call Sasuke a genius? This was brought up when Rock Lee was first introduced and Naruto accused Sasuke of being strong despite training less or something like that. Later in Sasuke's flashback we learn that when he was younger Sasuke wasn't really a genius and everybody viewed Itachi as the genius. Sasuke had to train a lot to reach his state from Part I following his brother's footsteps. There was nothing in Sasuke to call him a born genius.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 23:41   Link #2917
JustRob

Personally I think everyone's definition of genius is different.

To a guy like Rock Lee, who was actually kind of a loser and isn't good at anything, and not even capable of using ninjutsu or genjutsu, Sasuke and Neji are geniuses because of their bloodline limits.

However, to Sasuke, Itachi was more of a genius then he was.

Then again, when Kakashi saw Rock Lee opening all those gates, he said that that's not something that can be achieved by hard work alone, and Rock Lee may be a genius after all.

Really it's pretty vague what it takes to be a genius. I think as long as you're exceptional and clever, you're kinda a genius already.
Old 2013-05-02, 15:11   Link #2918
Maxtro

Aside from, "because it makes a good story" is there any reason why Naruto wasn't given his fathers surname?

Naruto Namikaze would probably have grown up to be a loved and happy child.

I've seen some theories online that it's common for Asian cultures to give a child the mothers surname and also that Minato had enemies or something so the elders wanted to protect Naruto by giving him his mothers name. My response to those reasons are, Asuma Sarutobi, and Konohamaru Sarutobi, plus whoever is Konohamaru's dad who would also have the Sarutobi name.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:14   Link #2919
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Aside from, "because it makes a good story" is there any reason why Naruto wasn't given his fathers surname?

Naruto Namikaze would probably have grown up to be a loved and happy child.

I've seen some theories online that it's common for Asian cultures to give a child the mothers surname and also that Minato had enemies or something so the elders wanted to protect Naruto by giving him his mothers name. My response to those reasons are, Asuma Sarutobi, and Konohamaru Sarutobi, plus whoever is Konohamaru's dad who would also have the Sarutobi name.
If you watched the episode in which Nagato prevented Kurama from outbursting (Fight with Nagato - Last Pain left), he said that the 3rd Hokage left the secret to himself, because if it would get known that Naruto is the 4th son, a chaos might have occured.
Giving Naruto the 4th surname would be giving chaos on a plate.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:28   Link #2920
Claymore-one

I was wondering if any Naruto fans may be able to give me a hand on where to start...

I joined the military 2 years ago, and ever since boot camp plus deployments and so on I have been so far behind in Naruto that I do not know where I had left off.

The only thing I remember is that Naruto and Killer Bee started training together to get stronger. There was also a part where I remember that Naruto tried to play a prank on Killer Bee, but inserting his hand some place looking for a lever/key to open up the entrance, and he started screaming pretending that he lost his arm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd hope for the anime episode if at all possible, thank you.
Claymore-one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a