AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 14:57   Link #261
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Will one of the arcs be an incest one? Since it's fairly obvious that the little sister is a major bro-con
She wasn't shown in the first sequence of the opening where each heroine was presented. So the answer is probably no. It'd be nice if there's an imouto arc though...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:00   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Will one of the arcs be an incest one? Since it's fairly obvious that the little sister is a major bro-con
Nope Miya doesn't have a path in the game, which is a huge crime.
Old 2010-07-04, 15:19   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How awesome would it be if it turned out that mysterious 13th volume is focused on the imouto?
Old 2010-07-04, 16:11   Link #264
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How awesome would it be if it turned out that mysterious 13th volume is focused on the imouto?
I would be ecstatic because I was also expecting to see an arc dedicated to Miya

Well let's just hope the final 2 episodes are used on her

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:22   Link #265
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
For a realistic type series the first episode certainly pulled a few things "normal guys" wouldn't do *points at the lunch cue scene*. No to mention how all of a sudden, the school idol shows interest in some common kouhai. This would have been my favourite type of series if it was shown to me 2 years back but by now I have seen enough of these to make them a fairly boring-predictable experience. However, the episode certainly was good...even though I can just guess what is going to happen with the story. It reminds me of Kimikiss (like a lot of people has mentioned) but without the potential reset after each girl for the perfect "otaku dream" series...that kinda annoys me if the story doesn't end up being connected but we shall see. I have a strange feeling about this series in that I half like it and half dislike it for some reason...well at least the eye candy is top notch

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 17:04   Link #266
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I would be ecstatic because I was also expecting to see an arc dedicated to Miya

Well let's just hope the final 2 episodes are used on her
Yeah, I'm in that boat, too. I would love to see a Miya arc. If not, 1 or 2 episodes focusing on how she feels about her brother would suffice. Because Miya obviously has a brocon, and I would love to see an episode or two devoted to that.

Anyway, the arc that I'm looking forward to is the Nanasaki arc. The manga adaptation made me a big fan of her, so I can't wait to see what the anime is going to do story wise. Ayatsuji's arc should be interesting, too.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:22   Link #267
kujoe
from head to heel

I wonder how they decided on the order of character arcs.

If it were just a matter of popularity, then Nanasaki Ai would've been first. Last time I checked, the Japanese Amagami wiki has her on first (Haruka is second in the rankings), but her anime arc is fourth in the order.

Perhaps the order in the anime is supposed to be a mirror image of the manga..? I just find it odd that Haruka's story arc is the first. I was actually expecting Tsukasa to be the first one.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:32   Link #268
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

If it were just a matter of popularity, then Nanasaki Ai would've been first. Last time I checked, the Japanese Amagami wiki has her on first (Haruka is second in the rankings), but her anime arc is fourth in the order.

Perhaps the order in the anime is supposed to be a mirror image of the manga..? I just find it odd that Haruka's story arc is the first. I was actually expecting Tsukasa to be the first one.
They could be using a "Save the best for last" strategy. Because I think Ayatsuji's arc is pretty far away, too. They might be ordering them based on importance. Or there could be no ordering process at all.

As to why they put Haruka first. I think it's smart because it acts as more of a hook compared to a less popular character leading things off. But at the same time I don't think it would be too smart to give away the most anticipated arc (Nanasaki's) right off the bat. I say most anticipated because she seems to be the most popular character (Deservedly so ).

If I had to choose, I would say there's no specific strategy in the arc ordering.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:44   Link #269
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

Yea I also expected Tsukasa first as well just cause of the manga but I don't think theres much meaning to the order, probably just picking names outta of a hat.
Well order is last thing on my mind really, 2nd episode is foremost atm, then after that will 3rd episode, etc etc
Old 2010-07-04, 18:44   Link #270
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
They could be using a "Save the best for last" strategy. Because I think Ayatsuji's arc is pretty far away, too. They might be ordering them based on importance. Or there could be no ordering process at all.

As to why they put Haruka first. I think it's smart because it acts as more of a hook compared to a less popular character leading things off. But at the same time I don't think it would be too smart to give away the most anticipated arc (Nanasaki's) right off the bat. I say most anticipated because she seems to be the most popular character (Deservedly so ).

If I had to choose, I would say there's no specific strategy in the arc ordering.
Well, if "based on importance" means featuring the default for last, then I guess that makes sense. For viewers and fans though, the real meaning of such is always different, hence favourites and rankings.

But you're right. Maybe the order of character arcs was spread out in order to balance viewer interest.

I'm not really complaining, since Haruka has become one of the more interesting characters for me; however, after her and Kaoru I don't think I'll be looking forward to the rest of the arcs as much these two.

Sigh... Ah, well.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:51   Link #271
ichobi

This is one of the few harem done right. Not much blatant ecchi and fanservice but it's all in the details. The hair! The eyes! I got hooked by the manga just because the eyes and facial expression are drawn in such a convincing and playful ways.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:33   Link #272
mikoo
Banned

Freebies

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:40   Link #273
Eak
One angry cloud.

Oh the last one is hilarious out of context
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:58   Link #274
thefeared

Quote:
The first girl is kinda annoying me, even though she's not romantically interested, she's suppose to be a friend at the very least and she's way too nonchalant with rejecting him. On top of which she has no qualms with abusing his kindness... she's either an airhead or a bitch?
I think the best thing is to just not look at anime relationships with reality tinted glasses.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:25   Link #275
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies

Best Amagami avatar as of yet.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:32   Link #276
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

^ I believe manga spoilers are not allowed in this thread, even in spoilers tags. So I suggest you to edit your post before an angry mod sees it.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:34   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I wonder how they decided on the order of character arcs....
I don't have an answer for that, but it's interesting to note that the cast billing on the official site and elsewhere goes in this order: Ayatsuji Tsukasa (Nazuka Kaori), Sakurai Rihoko (Shintani Ryouko), Tanamachi Kaoru (Satou Rina), Nakata Sae (Konno Hiromi), Nanasaki Ai (Yukana), Morishima Haruka (Itou Shizuka). This may mean nazuka Kaori is the "star."

The story order will apparently be Haruka, Kaoru, Sae, Ai, Rihoko, Tsukasa: almost the exact opposite.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:37   Link #278
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't have an answer for that, but it's interesting to note that the cast billing on the official site and elsewhere goes in this order: Tsukasa (Nazuka Kaori), Rihoko (Shintani Ryouko), Kaoru (Satou Rina), Sae (Konno Hiromi), Ai (Yukana), Haruka (Itou Shizuka).

The story order will apparently be Haruka, Kaoru, Sae, Ai, Rihoko, Tsukasa: almost the exact opposite. Does this mean Nazuka Kaori is the "star"?
It would be a shame if Kaoru's arc is coming up next. I'm the type to save the best for last, and was hoping we'd get to see her arc at episode 20-24.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:40   Link #279
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

man... how I wish every woman in this world have a sexy hair like kaoru's... *sigh* too bad what you see is what you get, huh?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:42   Link #280
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It would be a shame if Kaoru's arc is coming up next. I'm the type to save the best for last, and was hoping we'd get to see her arc at episode 20-26.
fixed it for you.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen