AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-09, 02:00   Link #461
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Wah...that was fun but intense...where in the world do I start...?

EPISODE 4 COMMENTARY PART ONE

@Yot-chan
Thanks for posting the notes as usual! I'm glad I was able to read them before I tried listening, because it was filled with talk about the similarities to the first Macross series (My BF is a pilot, Miranda Merin etc).

Anyways, this time, we had Konishi Katsuyuki (Ozma), Nakajima Megumi (Ranka) and Yoshino Hiroyuki (Screenplay). Please note that the following isn't in listening order, because I'm grouping them where I can.

They start of by talking about the references to previous Macross series, especially the first. Yoshino put a few things into the screenplay (which Kawamori approved). but a lot of things were due to the animators (e.g. vending machines etc).

e.g. saving the heroine
Megumi: Ah, this is Macross after all!
I believe someone mentioned it when we watched the 2nd episode, but Yoshino does note that the heroine was saved from falling in the first series (because they were on earth). And so, because they were on a ship this time, he decided to go with "saving her from being sucked out into space".

Miranda Merin
Yoshino-san adds that whilst it wasn't actually written down, he wrote her as if she could be Janis Merin's granddaughter, what with the attitude and all.

The swimsuit part of the pageant.
Megumi noted that there was a "fixing the swimsuit" part of both series, but whilst the one here (cf. ~9:23) was quite natural, her reaction to the one from the original series was: "WHAT are you doing?!"
Yoshino: Ah, true, a woman wouldn't do that.
Megumi: not in front of people. But even in private, I wouldn't do that!

Konitan notes however, that not everything is the same. E.g. the contestant numbers for Minmay and Ranka are different.
Yoshino: Well, as expected, I don't remember that kind of detail (laughs).
Konitan: But it was fun going back to watch the first series to see what was the same, to see how far you took the references.
?: so everyone, please try doing that yourselves.

Yoshino-san was worried that people would have seen all the references and called him on it, but Megumi-chan and Konitan reassure him that it's more of a "Ah, perhaps that was..." kind of feeling.
=> "I'm glad I'm with you two, generous people."

====

Queadluums:
There are many different varieties of Queadluums - Nona, Quilqua (sp? - the one from Macross 7, which Max piloted), Rau, Rhea
Then looking at the materials for Frontier, they realised that "it's been 40 years, so we'd better come up with some changes" => Kawamori, Kikuchi and Yoshino did some brainstorming.

tbc...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-09 at 08:42.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 03:00   Link #462
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
And yet...Nanase is cuter than Sheryl. And you're just jealous.
Nah, I just don't find megane characters particularly attractive, especially ones with giant bazooms. And cuteness is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not going to start a discussion who is scientifically "cuter".
Old 2010-11-09, 04:58   Link #463
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The cutest one is Ai-kun, obviously.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 05:10   Link #464
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
I say it's Klan ^^

EPISODE 4 COMMENTARY PART TWO

Early in the commentary, Konitan notes that it was surprising that 7 episodes were approved early on, to which Yoshino agrees that usually, they usually do them in 4 episode batches. The story behind this is as follows...

After Kawamori had a look at the screenplay for episode 7, he mentioned to Yoshino that "we should make episode 4 a bit more exciting"
Yoshino: do you mean I should fix it?
Kawamori: Yup.

In the original screenplay, he'd originally written just the mock battle for Alto, there was no Vajra attack slated for the dogfight!

Yoshino-san had wanted to add it, but thought that it would wreck the schedule. But with this directive from Kawamori, he spoke to the producers
"It'll delay the schedule, but that's fine right? Kwamori-san told me to fix it, so it's fine, right?"
=> The producers said yes, but their eyes were apparently begging him not to!

=====

About "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"

Megumi-chan actually tried dancing as in the video when she recorded this episode but couldn't quite do it. (NB: usually, all the seiyuu record together in the same studio, taking turns to dance back and forth from the microphone. I'm not sure whether this was true for the entire course of the series, but they keep mentioning that Megumi did her recording alone. This was a little bit intimidating for her, because it was her first role and she couldn't ask anyone for advice. In the first ep. commentary, she mentioned that she was really embarrassed about her work for that deculture edition!).

=> so she was wondering if someone actually did the dance.
Yoshino: I heard that the person who animated it did, and videotaped it for reference.
It would have been interesting if someone was directing him/her - "If you do this, it'll be cute"
Konitan: Ah, I want to find out for sure!

The TV and CD versions of the song are different.
Megumi: I sounded more mature in the TV series because I was mimicking Mimay's version, having listened to it a lot. But after talking with Kanno Yoko-san, we made her sound more like an idol for the CD.

She really liked being able to cover a lot of the famous Macross songs, and hopes that she'll get to sing "My Beautiful Place", "Silver Moon, Red Moon" and "Shoa Pai Lon" (*nudge nudge Sasaki-san*)

How did they decide on "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"?

In the original scenario, Ranka was meant to sing, but there would be no sound, because Yoshino-san wanted to save her first big "singing in front of an audience" step for another episode. However, upon consulting Akane Kazuki, he was told quite plainly
"She can't not sing!"
and also, make it "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"
After that, Kawamori-sensei et al were unstoppable...but Yoshino-san is now quite thankful to everyone who made that possible.

====

Klan Klan
"MOE!"
Konitan: Who came up with the idea of making micronised Klan a loli?
Yoshino: Here here, it was me (^o^)! I actually brought it up as a joke as some informal meeting, and that's what happened. But Klan doesn't quite steal the show, right? Ranka is cute too
Megumi: yeah, she is.
but what Yoshino was thinking about in this scene was "just how much damage are those two doing to the restaurant?"!

====

Ending question, asked by Konitan as the MC: so what's the best thing about episode 4?

Yoshino: Klan Klan.
(Really? Come on, let's be a bit more serious)
Yoshino: Then it's got to be "My BF is a Pilot" juxtaposed against the battle.
Konitan: especially those two hearts drawn in the sky
Yoshino: I laughed when I saw that. I hadn't written it, but that's what the animators drew.

Megumi: Klan Klan (Eh?) But really! I was looking at Klan's character and tried voicing it a bit, those two sides of her, so it made a really big impression on me, seeing Toyoguchi-san do it.

---

And those are all the parts I thought people might be interested in. There weren't as many in the first commentary (either because Konitan is a more experienced MC than Nakamura, or because there was simply much more to talk about in ep4 - I bank on the latter), and I sincerely hope the next commentary doesn't has as much as this one!

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-09 at 20:10.
Old 2010-11-09, 05:16   Link #465
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I say it's Klan ^^
& i highly agree with that. She's cute and sexy rolled into one.

Thanks a lot for the commentary. So wow Klan's micron loli form came about because of a joke made by Yoshino? That's pretty damn amazing. So glad he had the courage to bring up such a joke, or we'd never have seen it happen.
Old 2010-11-09, 06:02   Link #466
magnuskn

Thanks, karice, those radio commentary translations are wonderful.
Old 2010-11-09, 09:00   Link #467
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i highly agree with that. She's cute and sexy rolled into one.

Thanks a lot for the commentary. So wow Klan's micron loli form came about because of a joke made by Yoshino? That's pretty damn amazing. So glad he had the courage to bring up such a joke, or we'd never have seen it happen.
Isn't she? Add that attitude, and she's just about perfect

I highly doubt it needed courage - just imagination and a bunch of crazy people to run away with it. Yoshino-san's actually a pretty interesting guy to listen to (and presumably, read), because he shares quite a lot of background information whereas Kawamori-sensei seems to be way too focused on keeping a bit of mystery ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks, karice, those radio commentary translations are wonderful.
They're episode commentaries actually (I've actually forgotten most of the radio stuff because I never took down notes on anything, though I've been listening to some of them again recently), and they're more like summaries than translations because I never note exactly what they say.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-11-09, 17:12   Link #468
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Thank you again, Karice! Very cool stuff!

As for Megumi singing other Macross songs...again, if they made a "Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay" album (or "Sheryl Nome Sings Fire Bomber"), I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:04   Link #469
Lancel

Quote:
(or "Sheryl Nome Sings Fire Bomber")
YES. Yes. Repeated for emphasis. Marketing take note.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:09   Link #470
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
"Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay" album
I'd love to hear her sing 'Shao Pai Long' and 'Silver Moon, Red Moon'. Oh so much.

Quote:
(or "Sheryl Nome Sings Fire Bomber")
This would be pretty strange, though i can see some songs working. Especially 'My Soul For You' or 'Submarine Street'.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:49   Link #471
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Super thanks for that commentary info. It really gives us light to things. I really like how the heart was not written in and the animators just did it. It's also fun to hear what the cast has to say.

Quote:
So wow Klan's micron loli form came about because of a joke made by Yoshino? That's pretty damn amazing. So glad he had the courage to bring up such a joke, or we'd never have seen it happen.
That's really funny. To think something so big would come out of a joke.

Quote:
Thank you again, Karice! Very cool stuff!

As for Megumi singing other Macross songs...again, if they made a "Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay" album (or "Sheryl Nome Sings Fire Bomber"), I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Those would be great to hear.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:45   Link #472
Lancel

Quote:
This would be pretty strange, though i can see some songs working. Especially 'My Soul For You' or 'Submarine Street'.
ANGEL VOICE. And yes, My Soul For You. I think most any song sung by Basara would work. I would be amused if Ranka came in to sing in Mylene's place a few songs. May'n has already sung Totsugeki Loveheart with Yoshiki on stage before so I think this is destined. Of course, anything can be made to fail, but I think this would work out in the end.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 21:52   Link #473
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Thanks for the commentaries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The cutest one is Ai-kun, obviously.
Only in mutant green squirrel form.
Old 2010-11-10, 08:08   Link #474
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
The commentaries and notes are such a joy to read, especially after killing brains. Oh Yoshino, you lolicon cute things lover And some of the comments really crack me up, especially that Akane Kazuki's comment. I can imagine how he chirped the "... And it must be 'My Boyfriend is A Pilot'"

Thanks for the TL, both Yotchin and Karicchi~ Too bad no cookies can be served easily

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 00:31   Link #475
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This episode didn't have much "umph" since so much of it was in the movie, which I just watched the other week.
  • No wonder Ozma struck out with Cathy, lol.
  • Luca can't compete with Michael...haha.
  • The locker scene was great again (new avatar: set).
  • Sheryl is... so... hnngghhh.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-11-13 at 11:09. Reason: Typo.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 06:41   Link #476
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is one of the most fun character driven episodes of the series, so it wouldn't even matter if i watched the first film yesterday, there's still plenty of 'umph' there.

We see plenty of new sides to Sheryl in this episode, ranging from cute to hnnnngggghhhh adorable. It's really no surprise that her fanbase completely shot up into the heavens after the original broadcast of this episode, and for good measure. & at the same time, we have Ranka acted like a spoiled kid . What's worse his her reaction to Michael offering her an ice cream, and her facial expression when she see's it with her own eyes. I dare someone to tell me she doesn't have the personality of a child now.

The scene in the look out post is especially pretty, and i'm surprised it wasn't used in the first. Still the highlight of the episode has to be the Zentradi mall, i place i'd love to visit at least once in my life . Seeing how happy Sheryl in about the place is especially cute. Of course the addition of Klan makes the whole scene extra special.

& the oh so awesome Basara and Ray cosplay's have to be mentioned.

Do we have anyone here who makes avatars? Wouldn't mind a few of Klan from this episode. I'll give times if anyone is up for making them for me.
Old 2010-11-13, 06:55   Link #477
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

NANASE WATCH 2010 (episode 5):
Why do people sing songs, or fly planes, or stalk Nanase? Because they couldn't stand NOT doing it.

Oh, yeah, yeah. Poor Ranka. But let's get back to you, shall we?

My, what big eyes you have, Dear.

I'd agree with anything she said if she were looking at me like that, too.

And sexy. And awesome.
Old 2010-11-13, 07:00   Link #478
magnuskn

And here we are with the single best episode of the series. Onwards!

00:16 – I really like how Kawamori establishes how ecologically conscious Frontier is.

00:45 – Yep, Ozma is pissed. No wonder, having your kid suspended never is a nice thing to experience.

00:55 – Well, that’s plain insensitive. I guess he is trying to protect her here, but at least some support would have been nice. OTOH, how many girls wanted to be singers and didn’t make it?

01:05 – Getting a wok in the face normally would end up with a lengthy hospital stay.

02:54 – Yep, Alto already knows how female groupies are.

03:10 – So, what’s Altos reasoning for dragging Sheryl into a locker ( Besides the obvious. ^^ )? Does he so desperately want to avoid any gossip about him hanging out with Sheryl?

03:28 – Everybody wants herself some Hime-same. Even the bystander girls from school.

03:32 – So what’s the deal with that amulet? Was Shaloom right that it was some kind of talisman?

03:34 – Ruined for marriage.

03:41 – I’d be very interested to know what those girls were thinking at that moment.

03:49 – So it was Ranka who gave Sheryl and Alto their first intimate moment. Irony!

04:08 – I know this is a slapstick moment, but taken a bit more seriously, is Rankas phone emphatic?

04:16 – C’mon Sheryl, it was you who, um, reacted to the phone. Don’t blame Alto.

04:22 – Indeed. Not your fault, Alto.

04:37 – A-ha! So much for Hime’s protestations of indifference.

04:41 – Luca isn’t exactly getting the respect of his peers it seems, outside of his circle of friends. Sour grapes because he is a rich heir or because he got that shota look?

04:44 – This scene is a bit random? Did we really need to establish that Luca knows Alto is leaving via the walls of the school? It doesn’t seem to come into play later on in the episode.

05:16 – Our first look at Mr. Bilrer. I wonder how many people recognized him as Zentraedi immediately. I didn’t make the connection until later.

05:37 – Yeah, there are some old resentments but also old nicer feelings at play here. At least Ozma now knows Cathy still has those.

05:55 – Sheryl fears no full-body contact to get what she wants!

06:09 – Not to quibble, but did Sheryls breasts suddenly grow two sizes?

06:15 – And some extortion to back it up, not that I would majorly mind were I in Altos place. Also, Sheryl looks impressively beautiful in that close-up.

06:30 – Heh, some dynamics going on here. Nanase worrying about her desired one, while Luca gets major cuddly feelings about Nanase looking so worried.

06:40 – Oooh, big chance to hang out together with Nanase for Luca!

06:41 – Immediately doused by Michael. Tsk, don’t you know when you got to play wingman for your friend?

06:53 – Baaad Michael, making Nanase feel all fuzzy about you, while heightening Lucas anxiety level by over 9000.

07:00 – Okay, so Luca noticing Alto leaving did come into play, but obviously not because he recognized Sheryl.

07:01 – Big cute moment for Sheryl, when she tries to catch the butterfly.

07:23 – And here it is, Alto making clear that he is not going out with Ranka and is indeed single and Sheryl therefore deciding that he is not off-limits. One wonders what thoughts Alto had at this moment. Someone with the light novels could maybe elucidate us?

07:39 – Oooh, it’s the mating cry of the green-haired songstress!

07:45 – Love the use of Peanuts voices here for the little flashback.

08:30 – I confess, I’d be intimidated, too, if I’d go out with a girl and huge advertisings with her image would be all around me.

08:38 – Sheryl takes charge!

08:58 – Seems Sheryl likes spicey food. Alto… not so much.

09:10 – Hmm, Sheryl approves of Alto exerting himself.

09:21 – Yup, her hopes and dreams were all directly mandated by nature. Or the Gods. Whatever. Hopes and dreams!

09:25 – I can see Alto is being sold on them right here.

09:32 – Nobody can tell me that Alto isn’t enjoying himself by now.

10:05 – I find it incredible that this railway system wasn’t used more later on in the show. The level of comfort technology which is just assumed to be normal in the Macross universe is staggering.

10:13 – Another major cute moment for Sheryl.

10:29 – Alto giving the contrast here to this magnificent view shows how much familiarity breeds contempt. I’d be just as astounded as Sheryl if I’d have the chance to experience such a vista, for him it is all “Meh”. Ennui, indeed.

10:40 – Galaxy sounds like an especially sucky place to live. Kinda “Dark City” versus what Frontier has. No wonder Frontier was targeted, I think the cabal from Galaxy was plain jealous.

11:00 – Some people have stated that Sheryls motivation for her initial interest in Alto seems silly… but I’ve always thought that it made perfect sense for a huge pop star to feel this way. Everybody else but Grace will always fawn over her every word and someone who is not all that impressed must feel like a huge change of pace for her.

11:15 – Yep, there is a definite connection between those two.

11:23 – I looooove how detailed this was animated, with Sheryl tensing her legs for a second.

11:30 – This is acted out a bit strange. Alto getting so insistent on showing Sheryl Island-3 could be interpreted as him really wanting to find Ranka, but this is not shown later on to be his main motivation. Otherwise he wouldn’t have taken her to see the hippos. Their later jaunt into the Folmo mall is shown to be on Sheryls insistence.

11:30 – Also, I think Sheryl expected some sort of confession coming up here.

11:38 – Surprise from Sheryl, yet do I sense a bit of regret that there was no confession of unending love?

12:08 – Wonderful reveal of the Vajra. Although I immediately thought to myself “From where did they get a full specimen?” In this case, the movie did it better, showing that the captured Vajra was the one decapitated by Michaels sniper shot.

12:16 – So, who was the genetic engineer who thought crossing cows and hippos was a good idea? I guess they were running out of genetic material after the Zentraedi razed Earth?

12:17 – Another big cute moment for Sheryl.

12:23 – Porno mustaches are big on Frontier!

12:26 – Of course handling enraged hippo-cows becomes much easier when to you they are the size of a Chihuahua.

12:40 – I’ve always wondered what effect having permanently macronized Zentraedi did have on the food supply of Frontier.

12:52 – That dude who sings in the background would turn up a lot later on.

13:09 – If arguments don’t work, use a bribe. Ranka is such a kid.

13:11 – Tsk, why do you hide from the giant beautiful women, Michael.

13:19 – Big cute moment number, what, four? Sheryl really got the biggest personality upgrade here and I suspect most people swung around to liking her at the latest at this point.

13:19 – Also, Hime clearly enjoys Zentraedi comforts.

13:28- And is having fun hanging out with Sheryl.

13:40 – Say, did we ever hear the song which Sheryl wrote down?

13:55 – Klan-sama is on patrol!

14:01 – And Sheryl-sama is back! Not even Klan can withstand her energy!

14:08 – Did I mention that Ranka is such a kid?

14:28 – Yep, having your communications skills unfavorably compared to the guy who you have always experienced as a the prickly kind of person who doesn’t want to share his feelings… that must sting.

14:40 – Pretty much a spoiled kids reasoning. Oh, well. She isn’t anything else at this moment.

14:50 – And Michael rightly calls her out on it.

16:39 – She is “strange”, indeed. But the good kind.

16:49 – So, at this point Alto still had some pretty big motivational problems, it seems. A good thing that Klan Tai-i and Sheryl are here to help him out!

17:08 – Sheryl and Klan understand each other. Klan wins in the “bigger breasts” department, though.

17:10 – And Alto gets another bit of direction on how to conduct his life.

18:00 – It is a testament to the Macross universes love of music that anyone can go and give an impromptu performance in a mall over the loudspeaker system. I guess it shows the special love Zentraedi have for culture. Especially with some guys immediately being able and ready to join in with their instruments.

18:40 – At first I thought that the light spreading over the Vajras body was in the form of a humanoid. In the end that came to nothing, but it looked really peculiar.

18:44 – And the music isn’t just broadcast through the mall but throughout large portions of Island-3.

19:10 – That’s quite an animation drop for a few of the next shots of Ranka.

19:31 – I confess, I never quite got why Sheryl gets pensive at this point. Does she recognize the future star who could possibly overshadow her? It seems so out of place and her uttering “On their own” seems not to vibe with that interpretion.

19:35 – This was when the phrase “Deculture!” entered my common day vocabulary.

20:25 – Geeze, Cathy, you are never again the damsel in distress, why here?

20:36 – I can definitely understand why in the movie the Vajra was ejected from Island-3 in a capsule, instead of just being disintegrated here. I mean, doesn’t this cheapen the natural defenses we saw the Vajra have in past episodes and even cheapen the explanation of how tough they are from just earlier in this episode? Then again, the Vajra suffered tremendous villain decay just two episodes later.

20:49 – The gut punches to Michaels ego continue.

21:00 – And Ranka gets a first glimpse that things might not progress in the way she probably imagined them.

21:10 – Major cute Sheryl moment number… oh, I lost track.

21:23 – Oh, yes, Alto definitely is somewhat crestfallen that Sheryl will be gone in just a week.

21:34 – So is Sheryl.

21:41 – Alto gets all his first kisses from Sheryl.

21:52 – Yeah, c’mon. Nobody can tell me he didn’t enjoy his time with her and doesn’t have some sort of feelings for her after this day. Same for her

No other episode conveyed how well the two of them fit together this extensively, and without the drama that came on in later episodes. The lightheartedness of the whole thing is which makes this my favorite episode of the series. It laid the groundwork for their later relationship and at the same time showed how the dynamics of it would work. Later episodes had tons of excellent scenes in them about this couple, but none of them could compete for the amount and quality which was shown here.
Old 2010-11-13, 11:07   Link #479
darkplataform

surely this was showed already, but still make good company to this ep

all bubbles translated would be awesome
Old 2010-11-13, 11:10   Link #480
magnuskn

Actually, that's the first time I see it. A translation would be nice, indeed.

Quote:
This is one of the most fun character driven episodes of the series, so it wouldn't even matter if i watched the first film yesterday, there's still plenty of 'umph' there.
Yeah, it is in almost all aspects better than the movie sequence, since it takes more time to introduce us to the characters. I would say that the ride through the woods would have made a nice additional scene. Although I am not a fan of those segways from the movie.

Quote:
We see plenty of new sides to Sheryl in this episode, ranging from cute to hnnnngggghhhh adorable. It's really no surprise that her fanbase completely shot up into the heavens after the original broadcast of this episode, and for good measure. & at the same time, we have Ranka acted like a spoiled kid . What's worse his her reaction to Michael offering her an ice cream, and her facial expression when she see's it with her own eyes. I dare someone to tell me she doesn't have the personality of a child now.
Oh, as I said in my own write-up, most definitely for all you just wrote. We are in total agreement here.

Quote:
The scene in the look out post is especially pretty, and i'm surprised it wasn't used in the first. Still the highlight of the episode has to be the Zentradi mall, i place i'd love to visit at least once in my life . Seeing how happy Sheryl in about the place is especially cute. Of course the addition of Klan makes the whole scene extra special.
Impressive how our thoughts mirror each other, especially since I wrote my post without knowledge of yours.

Tags
macross frontier, re-watch