AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-27, 09:05   Link #221
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

One thing we forgot... What about Asuna? Since she was in deep sleep when she found out that negi passed away.
Old 2013-08-27, 09:11   Link #222
mechdra

Looks like this series will be one fun roller coaster all over again.

Speaking of bloodline, I believe Negi's daughter is Touta's mother. The flashback shows that his mother is a woman with light colored hair. This could be a hint on who Negi end up with.

Fate, why are you still there?

The kid in the hood is quite suspicious. I believe the kid is a girl based on another image and the hair style reminds me of Setsuna. Hope we will get a real KonoSersu this time.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 09:32   Link #223
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
One thing we forgot... What about Asuna? Since she was in deep sleep when she found out that negi passed away.
it look like we have 2 Asuna in this time line ( the one who awake move to past eith Eva and Chao help)

I guess when this time Asua awake > either move to past again ( almost same think happened again >>> steins;gate)
or Negi was not really dead in this time line

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Looks like this series will be one fun roller coaster all over again.

Speaking of bloodline, I believe Negi's daughter is Touta's mother. The flashback shows that his mother is a woman with light colored hair. This could be a hint on who Negi end up with.

We don't know if it was Negi daughter or son that was Touta parent
but we do know that Negi was his grandfather + wife have same hair color as Negi while husband have same color as Konoka

anyway 2 woman can't have child
(man + 2 woman = another story )

Though to marry Konoka of all other girls...
How the hell did he manage that without Setsuna cutting him to pieces ?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 09:33   Link #224
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
If Eva magic can give immortally to people who is not descendant of mage of beginning
=
do you really believe rich people and leaders in mars will ask for her death instead of bringing her alive?
(demon tripe maybe since they can live for long time but not human)
+
Both of them become immortal by using Eva magic which is from mage of beginning
+
for she didn't use it before > someone who outlive his friends for long time must have at least try it once because of feeling alone(solitary) but she can only have doll as long life companion and not human
+
about sword > almost every kid in that none mage village used sword > so they only train him to use one > Negi good with sword too (he used many lighting sword) and hand-to-hand combat
It's not much her magic but rather her characteristics of a vampire. It's likely not something they could force her to do. And then we don't know how exactly this works. Does it has it's own conditions? Does the vampire who turns the other have some control over the turned like other stories? Basically we need a lot of info regarding that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, it's nice to know this series existed right as I was reminiscing about all the plot holes in the original Negima manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
There is the whole discussion on whether the jii-chan there is really supposed to be grandfather or a way to talk about an older figure. Also if grandfather that would likely mean that Negi married someone and then their daughter or son married a Konoe (a male can sometimes marry into the wife family, getting their name like the case with Eishun).

Also Eva's loli form is her real form, ever since she was turned a vampire at age 10 she haven't aged a bit. The reason she is likely using an older form is to be able to hide and fit in society. She wouldn't be able to be a teacher if not looking older.

She can change her age direct through her magic, and also using those magical pills she gives Negi and co on the trip to the Magic World. Considering she is using her disguise 24/7, it doesn't break easily even when she is hurt, and also wasn't affected by the bracelet then she is likely using the pills.
Old 2013-08-27, 09:37   Link #225
ReddyRedWolf

Konoka and Setsuna got husbands in the epilogue. We don't know who though. Since we are getting multiple sword girls likely Shinmeiryuu I'm expecting one to be a Aoyama. Either Tsuruko or Motoko's descendant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
it look like we have 2 Asuna in this time line ( the one who awake move to past eith Eva and Chao help)
We don't know yet. This could be the timeline where Asuna slept through.

For all we know we'll get to the circumstances of why Asuna didn't awake. A war for Mars independence was mentioned.

Also there seems to be a discrepancy of when magic was made public.

In Negima it was the near future, hence Yue is a mage detective. In UQ Holder it is just 10 years before and it is decades later.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:08   Link #226
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Konoka and Setsuna got husbands in the epilogue. We don't know who though.
It's somewhat difficult to definitely conclude that way, given the ambiguous way that particular event was written.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:18   Link #227
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
It's not much her magic but rather her characteristics of a vampire. It's likely not something they could force her to do. And then we don't know how exactly this works. Does it has it's own conditions? Does the vampire who turns the other have some control over the turned like other stories? Basically we need a lot of info regarding that.
It's still immorally > if there is one known immortal person > rich people + leader want that person to experiment on him to know how to become one themselves

But since she can't give normal people immortality = they want her dead
Old 2013-08-27, 10:24   Link #228
mechdra

Looking at the context of this manga, I wonder how much the magic system has changed since Negima. We know Magitek existed back then and it is now wide spread over the world. I wonder will the pactio system still exist in this time since the system is one of the key feature of the magic of Negima's universe.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:29   Link #229
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Having just read the first chapter, I must say I'm not at the very least impressed. MC looks like yet another dumbass shounen protag, Eva got worfed (hooo boy, this will only get worse)...oh, and I prefer the hairstyle of Illusion Eva to this, thank you very much.

Yeah, unless something really attention-grabbing in the next two chapters, I might as well erase this from my memory. I've had enough of Nardo and Breach, zhank you bery muj.
Old 2013-08-27, 10:56   Link #230
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Having just read the first chapter, I must say I'm not at the very least impressed. MC looks like yet another dumbass shounen protag, Eva got worfed (hooo boy, this will only get worse)...oh, and I prefer the hairstyle of Illusion Eva to this, thank you very much.

Yeah, unless something really attention-grabbing in the next two chapters, I might as well erase this from my memory. I've had enough of Nardo and Breach, zhank you bery muj.
Dumb MC? how?
because trust looking teacher who been teaching him for six month(180 days+-) without showing anythink to make other people suspect him including Eva mange to trick him and his friends ( who was been what? 14 years old at that time?)
Old 2013-08-27, 11:06   Link #231
bakapervert
A pervert

This guy is one-punched by a newly made vampire in the end, yet he manage to trick Eva for half a year and even hack her to pieces, Eva really got powered down here, can't believed that she is the same Dark Evangel, the badass that managed to wipe out Cosmo Entelochia with one spell. Give me back the loli vampire. Or maybe because of her current appearance that she is that weak, after all when she got caught in pithole by an super idiot like Nagi she was also in adult form. All her brain and skill got transferred to her breast maybe? Hope she goes back to loli form in the future.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 11:07   Link #232
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally read chp1 of UQ Holder. Great start.
Eva/Yukihime is much more nicer than she was in Negima.
Touta's family is interesting since he's both a Springfield and Konoe which makes you wonder who his grandmother, mother and father was.
I wonder if Touta isn't the only descendent of Negi?

PS: I doubt there's any romance with Yukihime and Touta since i see their relationship more like mother and son.
Old 2013-08-27, 11:08   Link #233
ChronoReverse

Or maybe she's just let her guard down since she's been happy for a while.

Quote:
And we can grow watermelons! Watermelons are great!
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 11:10   Link #234
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
This guy is one-punched by a newly made vampire in the end, yet he manage to trick Eva for half a year and even hack her to pieces, Eva really got powered down here, can't believed that she is the same Dark Evangel, the badass that managed to wipe out Cosmo Entelochia with one spell. Give me back the loli vampire. Or maybe because of her current appearance that she is that weak, after all when she got caught in pithole by an super idiot like Nagi she was also in adult form. All her brain and skill got transferred to her breast maybe? Hope she goes back to loli form in the future.
didn't she have S or A rank binding spell on her?
though old one will just cut her arm > continue the fight like nothing happened
Old 2013-08-27, 11:13   Link #235
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The thing is while Evangeline sees the downside of immortality and life in general a lot she doesn't really have many problems enjoying herself anytime she's forced to actually interact with people.

Which makes sense, really. The whole dominant point of her philosophy that Magia Erebea represented was that life is all about accepting bad shit and living with it anyway, not trying to change it or convince yourself it isn't true.
Old 2013-08-27, 12:08   Link #236
Ridwan

So this is what Negima should've been... Color me pleased. And Eva makes me want to go back into shota again :U
Old 2013-08-27, 12:23   Link #237
Excelion

Ken kind of hinted at this before in Eva's Negima epilogue, the bit about "that's a story for another time". Some of us definitely predicted a spinoff with a dimension hopping Eva. Not sure if that's the case here. The main thing I'm wondering is why this Eva is so out of character, and why swords need to play a big role in a universe with magic. Unless they're magic swords. I dunno, it could be filling the void Bleach will leave since that sword series is on the way out.

Either way, good move on the author's part tying this into Negima because a lot of people wouldn't give the series a fair shot after the abrupt, botched ending in the previous series. This first chapter almost made me totally forget about it. Was just that good.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:49   Link #238
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
and why swords need to play a big role in a universe with magic. Unless they're magic swords. I dunno, it could be filling the void Bleach will leave since that sword series is on the way out.
The whole sword thing has been around since Love Hina. The Shinmeiryuu are exorcists that use Ki based sword techniques. The Shinmeiryuu are led by the Aoyama clan. Tsuruko Aoyama had to pass down the role of head to Motoko as she became a house wife.

Later expanded in Negima with Setsuna, Tsukoyomi, Toko and Eishun as Shinmeiryuu swordsmen. The Shinmeiryuu are associated with the Kansai Mage Association. As Mages generally suck at combat by themselves they need somebody to protect them.

Eishun's birth name revealed to be Aoyoma. Eishun is Konoka Konoe's father.

If Touta is Konoka's grandchild that makes him an Aoyama by blood. Thus whole sword thing therefore makes sense.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:55   Link #239
ChronoReverse

Furthermore, we've seen swords beat up RT2 Negi before. It's not like it's actually weak. Even Rakan was known as a swordsman.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 14:01   Link #240
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Furthermore, we've seen swords beat up RT2 Negi before. It's not like it's actually weak. Even Rakan was known as a swordsman.
True. I hope Touta becomes an actual 'magic knight', that would be great.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love