Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-07, 23:09   Link #801
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Hmm...I'm going with Vampire Knight here. I've watched the anime and I've read what was there to read in the manga and I have to say...

I want all the time spent watching/reading it BACK.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:48   Link #802
Theowne
耳をすませば

Among the sort of crowd that has similar genre tastes as me, one popular anime I never liked is Bokura ga Ita, despite the fact that many fans of the show also like shows that I'm a huge fan of, like Honey and Clover and Kare Kano. But I've never liked Bokura ga Ita all that much, I don't connect with any of the characters nor like them all that much as people, and I feel it treads into soap opera territory, which these other shows managed to avoid.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-12-08, 10:04   Link #803
coderlan
Student

I dropped Bakemonogatari, because the direction is really a mess, the only good thing about it imo is the art.
Old 2009-12-08, 10:12   Link #804
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Hmm...I'm going with Vampire Knight here. I've watched the anime and I've read what was there to read in the manga and I have to say...

I want all the time spent watching/reading it BACK.
I absolutley agree with ya on this one.. I kept hoping it would get better and it only seemed to get worse and worse.. especially Guilty..
Old 2009-12-08, 17:01   Link #805
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I absolutley agree with ya on this one.. I kept hoping it would get better and it only seemed to get worse and worse.. especially Guilty..
Isn't Vampire Knight the manga version of twilight? =P
Old 2009-12-08, 18:00   Link #806
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
I dropped Bakemonogatari, because the direction is really a mess, the only good thing about it imo is the art.
Well, the director of the show is Shinbo of Shaft. His works are purposely disjointed and bizarre in the way that is present in Bakemonogatari. It's an "artful" mess as it were. But I can certainly understand disliking his style, it doesn't appeal to all.
Old 2009-12-08, 20:00   Link #807
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Kampfer - The gender-bending idea seems to be great... but they failed on this one with bad execution. Kampfer when I saw the first episode was not interesting at all and it was not that great since there are tons of fanservice shots and pretty much lame with bathroom humor... Seriously...

I still couldn't resist the urge because of the female Natsuru, but I went on to Episode 6 and it still didn't improve much. The same old story with even more fanservice. I think I'll pass on this one...
Old 2009-12-08, 22:17   Link #808
Servius
Banned

All Higurashi series and Umineko too.
Old 2009-12-09, 01:50   Link #809
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

oh yeah, another one that I hated was... BECK. the songs were lame English knockoffs, the characters were all annoying, and finally, I really hate the main male lead.

~Had to get that off my chest
Old 2009-12-09, 03:40   Link #810
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Kampfer - The gender-bending idea seems to be great... but they failed on this one with bad execution. Kampfer when I saw the first episode was not interesting at all and it was not that great since there are tons of fanservice shots and pretty much lame with bathroom humor... Seriously...

I still couldn't resist the urge because of the female Natsuru, but I went on to Episode 6 and it still didn't improve much. The same old story with even more fanservice. I think I'll pass on this one...
Good choice on avoiding it.Its one of those kind of stories where you love it or loathe it.
Old 2009-12-09, 05:49   Link #811
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I think it is Darker than black, but Gundam 00, Gurren Lagann too. The story bored me so much, characters too, music didn't impress me.
Old 2009-12-11, 06:57   Link #812
Satomi87
Banned

All those shoujo craps masterpieces that loved by lonely girls like Ouran, Skip Beat, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Fruit Basket and tons of other shoujo mangas that have no anime adaptation for a good reason.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:50   Link #813
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

One Piece , well i don't specially hate this anime , just it doesn't interesting me .
But wow , impressed for the amount of people ...
Old 2009-12-11, 10:21   Link #814
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Oh God, hell no.

I'd despise it if it were. Yuuki is not abused by the people she loves, for starters.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:11   Link #815
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
LOL. While I did think Vampire Knight was bad, I wouldn't rank it that low to Twilight.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:21   Link #816
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Gundam 00 - Politics, emo, more politics, more emo. The most "emo" mecha show after Neon Genesis Evangelion. I haven't watched Gundam Destiny, but I hear the emo level in that is worse...
Wait a minute, 00 had emo characters? I am not going to say that your choice of taste is wrong but 00 having emo characters (to be more precious having lot of emo characters)? That is kinda of surprising. You could argue some were from time to time, but most of the time? I just don't see that.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:10   Link #817
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Raildex. Tried both of them, got bored with both of them. The idea of science vs. magic is cool and interesting, but none of the characters really interested me.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2009-12-12, 05:17   Link #818
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Wait a minute, 00 had emo characters? I am not going to say that your choice of taste is wrong but 00 having emo characters (to be more precious having lot of emo characters)? That is kinda of surprising. You could argue some were from time to time, but most of the time? I just don't see that.
Yeah it seems like somewhere along the line emo came to mean stoicness and tendency towards showcasing lack of emotion in favour of cold calculated logic....basically the opposite of what it's supposed to mean. The Gundam 00 characters (at least the Celestial Being ones) are so stone cold and absolutely dedicated to the organizations plan for most of the shows run that they are as far removed from the concept of emo as I can imagine. The show definitely has politics though....but then I live, breath and eat politics as much as anybody who isn't an elected official or civil servant can so I see that as plus.

For emo in anime I'd think something more along the lines of the Key adapations like Clannad, Air and Kanon in their latter halves based on how much they deliberately try to make the viewer cry and bring their spirits down alone. I mean there's emotion and then there's overwrought emotion, although granted they are referred to as "crying" games and anime by their fandom at large. In fact that gets me thinking...I don't hate these shows by any stretch of the imagination and feel they have quite a few good and well directed moments, but they do qualify as ones that I have a lot of issues with just the same and yet everyone else (or so it feels sometimes) seems to think are the greatest thing since sliced bread with no flaws of which to speak. Maybe it's just a sign of the times and my own personal tastes but when I think of exceptional greatness in anime that I've watched Key adaptations don't exactly spring to my mind as much as they seem to for much of the fandom.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-12-12 at 05:29.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:29   Link #819
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I have a pretty low opinion of Bokura ga Ita, even though it's highly rated by people who seem to share my tastes in anime. Then again, I have a pretty low opinion of soap operas in general. H&C never stops being funny every time the mood gets sad, not so this tragic tale of star-crossed lovers etc., etc. Egh.

Likewise, NANA. I thought the concept was beyond cool (two very different girls with the same name and their life stories? Alright!), and the first volume of the manga, before all the DRAMA ruins it, was excellent. Then it got into shoujo soap opera territory and I cried bloody tears of regret. So not the drama, bitches.

However, I admit I'm not the most consistent of viewers; for example, Vampire Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Oh God, hell no.
And the vampires there don't sparkle.

There's something really offensive about vampires who sparkle in the sun in a non-satirical setting.

Although it's pretty much a soap opera in the same way as the two series I condemned above are, I always thought of Vampire Knights as the ultimate guilty pleasure series. It's so fabulous with handsome high society vampires trapped in evil, evil byzantine plots, a love triangle to end all love triangles (I'm a Zero fan by the way ), and so much angst that I couldn't possibly look away.
Old 2009-12-13, 10:28   Link #820
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
There's something really offensive about vampires who sparkle in the sun in a non-satirical setting.
lulz. I wouldn't call it so much as "offensive" than just "mind-numbingly stupid".

Quote:
(I'm a Zero fan by the way
Yay.