AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-14, 18:55   Link #221
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Morrigan is about the only interesting thing that’s happened the last few eps, so More-iggan is a good thing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-14, 19:33   Link #222
Twi

I respectfully disagree. This is the kind of stuff I love and can actually move my black heart.

Anyway, the review is done. The content cut is below as per usual. They went through about 3 chapters this time.

Spoiler:
Old 2023-12-14, 21:57   Link #223
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well so its everyone vs the old corrupted lady and Chise finely being hold back by Ainsworth so she dosnt hurt her self again

Morrígan really going at it with that eyeball with Ruth just running around distracting it
Old 2023-12-14, 22:03   Link #224
grecefar

underwhelming end for the old hag, unless they show her in the next chapter and curse adam dealing with her.

too bad we got "happy" philomela at the end of the season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-15, 07:25   Link #225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I respectfully disagree. This is the kind of stuff I love and can actually move my black heart.

Anyway, the review is done. The content cut is below as per usual. They went through about 3 chapters this time.

Spoiler:
I'm confused. The book was used by Elias in season 1? How did he manage to sneak it out of the college?
Old 2023-12-15, 08:10   Link #226
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm confused. The book was used by Elias in season 1? How did he manage to sneak it out of the college?
Torrey snuck him into the Library in his shadow and allowed him to read it in exchange for showing him the magic that tore apart the paper, but Elias never took it out of the Library. From reading that, Elias learned how to transfer the curse to Stella. And he learned about the book from Marielle, which was brought up as to why she could give Isaac (the witch) and the insect guy the means to track it down.

I mentioned in my notes when that chapter aired (post 158) that the witches themselves speculate that she might have looked at the book in the first place because she was meant to help them in the future, as coincidences are rare for their kind. It all builds on itself, but between the cut content and the time since Season One, you're hard-pressed to remember it.
Old 2023-12-21, 11:38   Link #227
Frontier

I love how the God just straight up chucks Lizbeth out like the trash she is. Meanwhile Philomela has the power of friendship pushing her forward as she tries to seal it !

Lizbeth just couldn't leave well enough alone? She just HAD to try to get through to Philomela in a mindscape and try to tear her down one last time with her toxicity and verbal abuse. But this time Philomela has found her voice, her reason for living, and she's not going to listen to her grandmother, and that means bringing down the lightning on this rotten old hag .

I did not expect creepy yet eerily hot spider waifu, but okay .

Lizbeth basically did herself in, and she never really understood what it meant to truly care for someone and open her heart to another, leaving her alone and without anyone by her side, the opposite of her son and granddaughter. She's not worth pitying .

Philomela is free but she still lost Alcyone...and seeing a visage of her father fade away will probably still traumatize her .

I love Philomela prioritizing getting answers about the Webster massacre for Lucy's sake (and for her own conscience). Too bad Wolf Pup sliced off Lizbeth's head before she could give them any answers, not that it isn't what that old hag deserves .

Never get between a wolf mama and her cub, as Ruth finds out! Ouch. Looks like wolf mama still has a ways to go to get her kid back .

Aw, Chise brought everyone home to her and Elias' house! They even get to meet Silkie! It feels like a Christmas sleepover with Chise and her friends! Complete with Silkie stripping Philomela and tossing her out to enjoy the snow !

I'm glad Rian was able to make things right with Philomela and show he cares in his own, rough, Rian way .

Chise finally gives the Morrigan her mistletoe and she rebirths into her daughter once more. After everything Morrigan did, this was probably the best ending for the situation. And same time next Winter, right Chise ?

Is there anything more rewarding than watching Chise and her friends just hanging out, goofing off, and having fun while they get everything set up for Christmas? All that drama and emotional trauma and now everyone can be together and be happy !

Chise also meets with Joseph and lets him know that she's started prioritizing herself, even if it comes at the expense of others, even if she's not happy about it. But she's still searching for herself, and what she wants, and even Joseph, in his own way, can comfort her .

Veronica, I knew you were shady! You were controlling the wolf pup the whole time! Now you've got the book! Were the Rickenbacker's behind everything ?

Philomela finally has friends and finally free of her controlling grandmother and the shackles tearing her down. And nowhere is that more evident than the genuine and open smile and laugh she lets loose with her friends. It's all been worth it just for that smile .

Next arc! Chise and Elias take on dragons !?
Old 2023-12-21, 13:36   Link #228
grecefar

that's that, I'm happy that the old hag is dead and philomela can smile again and I appreciated the happy ending. Still I didn't like the school arc, I hope the next one is better.

6/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 16:13   Link #229
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I always liked this arc precisely because it's when Chise started really branching out and getting her own identity apart from Elias. I don't think that would be possible in the cottage.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 16:48   Link #230
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This episode reminded me of all the things we missed being stuck in that school. Luckily it looks like we won't be going back there next season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 18:56   Link #231
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was worth it just to see Philomela's beautiful smile.

Not surprised Veronica, or at least her family, are behind everything. I mean, the Sargant are in their service so that was always kind of obvious. And Veronica proved herself to be creepy when she was knocking on Philomela's door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This episode reminded me of all the things we missed being stuck in that school. Luckily it looks like we won't be going back there next season.
Chise has no reason to drop out, especially after she made friends. The school has also been a good environment for Elias. They're 100% going back. Not to mention the author spent a good amount of time developing Lucy and Philomela in particular, they aren't going to disappear from the story.

I've heard the manga only just resumed publication after this arc, so it'll be years until we see another season anyway.
Old 2023-12-21, 19:33   Link #232
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was worth it just to see Philomela's beautiful smile.

Not surprised Veronica, or at least her family, are behind everything. I mean, the Sargant are in their service so that was always kind of obvious. And Veronica proved herself to be creepy when she was knocking on Philomela's door.

Chise has no reason to drop out, especially after she made friends. The school has also been a good environment for Elias. They're 100% going back. Not to mention the author spent a good amount of time developing Lucy and Philomela in particular, they aren't going to disappear from the story.

I've heard the manga only just resumed publication after this arc, so it'll be years until we see another season anyway.
And the college is the most likely opportunity they have of developing the Veronica storyline at this point.
Old 2023-12-21, 21:45   Link #233
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it seems everything to work out for Chise injured in anyway and all it cost her was some magic

Its good to see Silky one last time even throwing out Philomela out the door to

7/10 Dont know why they did that in the end
Old 2023-12-22, 08:49   Link #234
Twi

Sorry about the delay. I was burned out yesterday due to work and computer issues, so I wouldn't have been able to get the review done then.

Anyway, I've made no bones that I loved this series and this season. Not only did it introduce a new slew of characters, many of whom I love, but we got to see how the other side of the supernatural works. The College and Wizards/Sorcerers being so technologically advanced contrasts how Magi are so traditional, yet they're all beautiful in some aspects and horrifying in others.

Chise has truly grown, considering the costs of what it means to save someone else without harming herself. She accomplished what she set out to learn by attending the College, learning more so that she wouldn't need to sacrifice her body in the process. And while the blood price for that was high, and she'll have to live with it, she got to protect the ones closest to her.

I do wish there were more of the old recurring characters, and they did skip a lot of relevant information revolving around them. Father Simon's entire backstory, along with his role in the upcoming arc, for example. But I understand why they did it since there just wasn't enough time, and I posted those changes to fill in the gap.

Speaking of which, buckle up because there's a lot this time as this episode covers the rest of Chapter 92 to Chapter 95, finishing the arc in the manga before the hiatus:

Spoiler:

Here's hoping we get another season in five or so years.
Old 2023-12-22, 21:07   Link #235
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Enjoyed this season, but I think it got dragged out a little bit at some parts. Still, I enjoyed the College setting, the new characters, and Elias/Chise getting their own character development. Last episode was very comfy.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 08:45   Link #236
Twi

As a reminder, the Manga picks up right after the end of this episode in chapter 96, which is now Simupub from the Japanese publisher via an AI translation. The reason for this from what I've heard was that some Japanese translators got their hand on some western translated products and were horrified by the quality of their translation compared to the original product and made a big deal on social media.

We have a manga thread if you want to continue to follow the manga.
Old 2024-01-06, 09:04   Link #237
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The reason for this from what I've heard was that some Japanese translators got their hand on some western translated products and were horrified by the quality of their translation compared to the original product and made a big deal on social media.
That's the reason why? Thought it was the usual lie about piracy.

Old 2024-01-06, 09:33   Link #238
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That's the reason why? Thought it was the usual lie about piracy.
That's the reason I've personally heard from the person who informed me originally. That being said, the group who did the "unofficial" translations did vouch for the quality as being decent enough that they would stop, so it got the results they wanted.
Old 2024-01-07, 11:13   Link #239
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's the reason I've personally heard from the person who informed me originally. That being said, the group who did the "unofficial" translations did vouch for the quality as being decent enough that they would stop, so it got the results they wanted.
That sounds off since both the scans and Seven Areas translation were pretty good IMO.

Tags
drama, fantasy