AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 01:35   Link #2541
Theowne
耳をすませば

Go Miki! Always liked that guy. All in all, a great "hey - remember that baseball thing?" type of episode, can't wait for the real dramatic games to begin. Hope they'll be every bit as satisfying as the climactic ones from Touch.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 02:39   Link #2542
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Wow, after reading the latest manga chapter the anime has just become even more amazing. Adachi has always been good at subtle things but when you watch the anime knowing what they mean it just makes it that much better. I can't wait to see the rest of the series animated. Kudos to the director, too!
Old 2010-02-01, 04:47   Link #2543
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The new version of the ED (with new pictures) was full of eye-candies, so I though it was about time to create a new set of CG signatures. Feel free to snatch them as much as you wish.

Spoiler for 120 px height versions:
Old 2010-02-01, 06:17   Link #2544
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll be taking the first sig image then. Thanks a lot!
Old 2010-02-01, 08:15   Link #2545
poko-kun

I too, love the first one!
Old 2010-02-01, 08:24   Link #2546
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I prefer the second and third shots of Aoba, though one with a baseball theme does the job rather well.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:43   Link #2547
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Miki finally got his shot in the spotlight. With him, Daimon finally got bitten by karma in the ass a second time.

In a way it's almost brilliantly anti-climactic how they took out Daimon again when everyone was pretty much expecting a showdown of sorts between Seishu and whatever team he was coaching at the time. When you think about how far Daimon has come unchanged compared to Miki and Seishu I think the unexpectedness of the game's end was a far better than having Daimon win. The story could have had two choices: either let Daimon win to satisfy the showdown expectations of people, or show just how different Daimon is from everyone else as a man who never really understood the sport by letting him lose to that which he disrespected the most. The second choice by far is the better one. In the long run, a development like this is far better for the story and far more poetic justice than losing to Seishu.

Also damn you Kou and your vagueness. If you want to go on a date with Aoba just say so. Everyone who watches this series has been agonizing over that for the last 20+ episodes.

Special mention for the preview for next week. It's... really suggestive. Something tells me something really awesome will come out next week between these two. About fucking time.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 10:59   Link #2548
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Thanks, Pellissier. This saves me the effort for making a sig of the two together in baseball uniform.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 11:06   Link #2549
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Poor Aoba. She really is falling for Kou isn't she? It must be so confusing for her.

All the boys trying to get a date if they preform some statistical feat on the baseball field, and then Kou teasing her by demanding to be let out of dating her if he gets double digit strikeouts.

Then the game comes and you can see Aoba getting her hopes up when it's the last out and only 9 strikeouts.

Then Kou gets to ten- and she's mad. She wants Kou, she knows she wants Kou, but I think she's still confused by it.

Poor Kou had completely forgotten about the whole deal... Aoba sure has changed, she was rather calm about the whole thing- most anime would have had her get mad because a man not even thinking about you is worse than if he was deliberately teasing her about avoiding a date- instead it showed how much Aoba has matured.

Then Kou's response to Aoba's criticism: "You like the clever type?" Obviously he meant 'You like the clever type of pitcher', but Aoba heard it as 'You like clever boys?"

Oh Kou... you have no idea what you are doing to that poor girl.

Soon Kou's going to find out that Aoba is interested in him- and I think it's going to greatly confuse and scare him.

Also great news on the Akane front. Aoba has clearly decided to get between her and Kou and actually compete- meanwhile Akaishi is succumbing to temptation...

I get the feeling that despite all the baseball focus that there will still be significant romantic developments.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 11:55   Link #2550
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Nakanishi: So Kurokoma have a big lead right?
Akaishi: Nope. It's actually a close match. And Kurokoma are in trouble...

*Cue Crowning Music of Awesome*

Oh Miki, YOU MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!!!

Oh btw Pellissier. Could you by any chance make a sig out of the Ichiyo and Junpei photo?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 12:03   Link #2551
poko-kun

Um.. well I think the subtle of Kou's question if her likes tricky type is his wording.
Kou was using "suki" (like / love) when he could use "yori" (better than something) if he just wants to ask which kind pitcher is better in her view, so Aoba was stunned by his question.
Noted that Japanese guys don't use the word "suki" much if they don't mean it. (But girls say it a lot... as far as I know)

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-02-01 at 13:13.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 12:51   Link #2552
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh btw Pellissier. Could you by any chance make a sig out of the Ichiyo and Junpei photo?
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Kou was using "suki" (like / love) when he could use "yori" (better than something) if he just wants to ask which kind pitcher is better in her view, so Aoba was stunned by his question.
I also smelled something wasn't right there, when I heard "suki" in that context. I think that Kou started being clever in the moment he said she prefers clever types lol.

Anyway, magnificent construction on the whole "if I ... would you date me" and everyone fails badly , "if I ... please spare me from a date with you" and he obviously succeeds.

I think we've seen two new sides of Aoba in this episodes (regulars of this thread should remember I listed 5 traits after episode 35, with images attached):

1) Player. Not as in baseball player, mind you. She avoided any possible contact between Akane and Kou, she guarded her territory. Yup, she's entered the game, "that" game.

2) Flirtatious. How else should we call the "do you want to avoid going on a date with me that much?" , this is borderline teasing, just that Kou at the moment seems to be deaf in that regard. Aoba often "plays around" with other people, most of the times to make fun of them, but here she was serious, and considering her character (she's *very* protective of her romantic feelings, to the point that perhaps even she doesn't know them) those words could only be said to someone she loves.

There is also the "soft" (or "dere") side when she blushed, but it's not the first time she blushes for Kou - see the episode when he gets close to her face - so while uncommon it's not new.
Old 2010-02-01, 12:56   Link #2553
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Like this?

Awesome. Thanks.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:25   Link #2554
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post

Anyway, magnificent construction on the whole "if I ... would you date me" and everyone fails badly , "if I ... please spare me from a date with you" and he obviously succeeds.
Loled at Azuma.
"2 Homers and ... (Aoba glanced at him) err... never mind"

Thinking about his character at the very beginning and now, he has changed a lot.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:32   Link #2555
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Loled at Azuma.
"2 Homers and ... (Aoba glanced at him) err... never mind"
What I found even more amusing was that he actually failed!
Old 2010-02-01, 13:39   Link #2556
poko-kun

Nah.. he failed because they walked him. My poor slugger.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:46   Link #2557
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Thinking about his character at the very beginning and now, he has changed a lot.
Indeed. Azuma's development in this story is personally one of my favorite parts about it. He slowly opened up so much since he joined the team. Especially with his interaction with Aoba.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:54   Link #2558
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

What an amazing episode. I love how they balanced out this episode, with some development in both the romance and baseball department but damn, the return of Miki and the conversation between Aoba and Kou really did the job for me. I expect some very significant developments between Kou and Aoba in the next episode but I'll try not to get my hopes up just yet.

P.S. - I'll be using the last sig on your list Pellissier, thank you for these wonderful sigs.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 20:43   Link #2559
Kirarakim

Thank You for the sigs Pellissier. I stole this one of Aoba as you can see. I haven't shown enough love for Cross Game despite it being my favorite series in a long time (first time I used a sig on this site too).
Old 2010-02-01, 23:13   Link #2560
king12354

I thought Aoba looked particularly cute this episode.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports