AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-17, 07:35   Link #281
IDentity
Heart of a Lion

the 2 episodes so far are excellent, it's enjoyable fun!
IDentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 07:56   Link #282
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Episode 2 was quite likeable as well, I'm getting excited about this show. One thing really surprised me though : the Death-God is a girl??? I was convinced it was a boy after seeing episode 1
I can understand why you'd say that... hahaha..... she's just such a tomboy and cool in that sense... but notice in the openings that she's in quite a fair bit of feminine clothing...
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 12:37   Link #283
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Sigh, what do you expect? Typical shounen manga...broke my heart.
I expect more. Even if it's shounen it doesn't mean it have to be bad, there are some great shounen action titles without draging fights and everlasting training sessions. Nevertheless Bleach is above mediocre and it have, although just barely, kept my interest up. It's a great series for all those who love shounen action. I really do recommend it but I just don't belong to the target audience.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 19:09   Link #284
Ether
Simple Minded Idiot

Thumbs up

2 eps and it already has 250+ posts, I just hope this doesn't turn into a Naruto forum ><;;

I must say that this anime is quite entertaining. Yes it tends to seem like a typical shounen, but for me the plot seems interesting. I never got into Naruto (after watching 15+ eps it left me bored, and no i don't want to hear what i missed out on) and sadly i never had the chance to check out FMA so I decided to give Bleach a shot. I never even knew of a manga until i perused through a few posts on this thread, so I come in watching this anime with a clean slate.

The OP theme was catchy, tho I'm not fond of rap i felt it was tolerable in a language I don't understand ^^; (at least its not defamatory in any way, towards anyone). The ED, while most liked it, I felt was a little slow and not too much to my liking. Maybe it'll grow on me as the series progresses. Character design was relatively nice, though I was a bit shocked to see a Sawamura-clone for Ichigo. Voice acting seems good too, however Rukia's seiyuu's voice sounds more like a young guy than girl (another thing that will most likely grow on me in time). I'm glad the series got off on the right foot by heading straight into the plot, not dancing around. Reminds me a bit like FoR or TU, tho there was a bit more romance in those. All in all the series looks promising. I'll be keeping up to date with this one and School Rumble (need some comedy to drown out the drama ^^)
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 03:42   Link #285
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
. Character design was relatively nice, though I was a bit shocked to see a Sawamura-clone for Ichigo.
The Bleach manga started at the begining of 2002, Midori no Hibi in late 2003. So if anything Seiji is the clone.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 10:28   Link #286
Ether
Simple Minded Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
The Bleach manga started at the begining of 2002, Midori no Hibi in late 2003. So if anything Seiji is the clone.
Ahh, did not know that. As I stated before I've never read the manga, so I thought MnH had came before Bleach, gomen. Well, regardless of which was first they both bear a striking resemblance to one another.
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 10:38   Link #287
Lee-San
__Mai Hime__

I don't think that Bleach is special after seeing the first 2 episodes
But i'm curious so I think that I'm going to watch this show
Lee-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 12:43   Link #288
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-San
I don't think that Bleach is special after seeing the first 2 episodes
But i'm curious so I think that I'm going to watch this show
Blasphemy. All shonen fighting anime are special!!!
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 14:12   Link #289
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
All shonen fighting anime are special!!!
Yes, th....

Nah, it's too easy.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 14:13   Link #290
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
Yes, th....

Nah, it's too easy.
Just let it slide...
Old 2004-10-19, 15:32   Link #291
OMchan
オムちゃん

After watching Episode 3, I think the animation is getting better. Ichigo doesn't have that rounded face look anymore, which is good. And judging from the preview for Episode 4, the animation is similar to Episode 3's, which is also good.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 13:09   Link #292
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
any group to treat MEMBERS like Lunar does is NOT a respectable group, I rest my case.
If you're going to air dirty laundry here, THEN AIR IT! And stop beating around the insinuation bush.

If you're not prepared to see your actions through, then don't start-up in the first place.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 16:06   Link #293
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
2 eps and it already has 250+ posts, I just hope this doesn't turn into a Naruto forum ><;;

I must say that this anime is quite entertaining. Yes it tends to seem like a typical shounen, but for me the plot seems interesting. I never got into Naruto (after watching 15+ eps it left me bored, and no i don't want to hear what i missed out on) and sadly i never had the chance to check out FMA so I decided to give Bleach a shot. I never even knew of a manga until i perused through a few posts on this thread, so I come in watching this anime with a clean slate.

The OP theme was catchy, tho I'm not fond of rap i felt it was tolerable in a language I don't understand ^^; (at least its not defamatory in any way, towards anyone). The ED, while most liked it, I felt was a little slow and not too much to my liking. Maybe it'll grow on me as the series progresses. Character design was relatively nice, though I was a bit shocked to see a Sawamura-clone for Ichigo. Voice acting seems good too, however Rukia's seiyuu's voice sounds more like a young guy than girl (another thing that will most likely grow on me in time). I'm glad the series got off on the right foot by heading straight into the plot, not dancing around. Reminds me a bit like FoR or TU, tho there was a bit more romance in those. All in all the series looks promising. I'll be keeping up to date with this one and School Rumble (need some comedy to drown out the drama ^^)
To not scare you, Rukia's voice actor, she's the same VA for Meia in Vandread, and PACIFICA in Scrapped Princess. I am not joking. She sounds like a young guy to you because in many animes, young guys (below age 15) are voiced by women, so that's why you have that feeling. I'm fine with Rukia's voice. She was supposed to give this bad-as* feel, and the VA does a good job.

Episode 3 is cool, teaching and funny in the end.
gundamfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:41   Link #294
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Could anyone tell me the name of the opening theme tune please?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:07   Link #295
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
The opening theme is Asterisk by Orange Range. Yes, the same Orange Range who did one of the Naruto ending themes.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:29   Link #296
futninja

subbed ver.

i was wondering if the anime series BLEACH was subbed, thnks..

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-20 at 23:03. Reason: Threads merged. Please OH please, learn something.
futninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:32   Link #297
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

yes, by MANY groups, just check the front page
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 19:30   Link #298
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans
To not scare you, Rukia's voice actor, she's the same VA for Meia in Vandread, and PACIFICA in Scrapped Princess. I am not joking. She sounds like a young guy to you because in many animes, young guys (below age 15) are voiced by women, so that's why you have that feeling. I'm fine with Rukia's voice. She was supposed to give this bad-as* feel, and the VA does a good job.
Orikasa Fumiko

Even more interesting is the fact that she did the voice of Chise in SaiKano, Victoria in Hellsing, Ciel in Tsukihime, Yayoi in Stellvia, Fuyutsuki in GTO and a lot of other major roles. She's a very capable seiyuu. The 'fake' voice she uses around the classmates does kind of sound the same as her Ms. Valentine, from One Piece.

By contrast, Ichigo's VA, Morita Masakazu, only has a handful of roles to his credit, all of which are current or very recent. (edit) I found a game role, apparently he was the Japanese seiyuu for Tidus in FFX.

Last edited by hooliganj; 2004-10-20 at 19:45. Reason: added role
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:18   Link #299
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Orikasa Fumiko

Even more interesting is the fact that she did the voice of Chise in SaiKano, Victoria in Hellsing, Ciel in Tsukihime, Yayoi in Stellvia, Fuyutsuki in GTO and a lot of other major roles. She's a very capable seiyuu. The 'fake' voice she uses around the classmates does kind of sound the same as her Ms. Valentine, from One Piece.

By contrast, Ichigo's VA, Morita Masakazu, only has a handful of roles to his credit, all of which are current or very recent. (edit) I found a game role, apparently he was the Japanese seiyuu for Tidus in FFX.
hm, i was right when i thought Orikasa Fumiko was talented (a deduction i made after hearing her "Giddy Rukia" voice) cuz that is one WIDE range of voices!
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:58   Link #300
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Episode 2 was quite likeable as well, I'm getting excited about this show. One thing really surprised me though : the Death-God is a girl??? I was convinced it was a boy after seeing episode 1
Well, she does talk in samurai fashion, but she definitely looks like a girl.

Plus her voice is decidely feminine, even if a bit husky. She just sounds like a girl who talks tough.

likeable enough personae, imo.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote