Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 15:04   Link #3481
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
[IMG]
guess what they're watching
Good to see they got their priorities right. Football is just so much more important than trivial matters like economic crisis and wars.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:48   Link #3482
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Greece exits the EU/euro... then these are the reactions in the G8 summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

guess what they're watching
Wet dreams of crushing the European Union that the likes Cameron, Merkele and Schäuble have every night

EDIT: How come there is no thread about the sovereign debt crisis (aka bankers and investors screwed up again their clients again)

EDIT2: Sorry that the links are available only in german

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-05-20 at 21:09. Reason: question/suggestion
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:45   Link #3483
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

So the news came in that Hazard went to Chelsea, for around 35 million pounds, with a salary before taxes of 200,000 a week. Don'tget me wrong, he is a talented footballer and all, but that much salary for a 21-year old that isn't tested in a 'higher' level league before? Crazy wage demands.

And Hulk? for 40 million? That is truly a joke. He is never worth that much, unless he managed to pull off a staggering season somehow. How are Chelsea going to fit the whatever UEFA Financial rules if they keep splashing huge amounts of cash left and right?
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:41   Link #3484
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^ agree. i really thought we would go in a different direction after all that crap that went on last season. we have to look at other teams and see this is not the way to go forward with a club.

HULK is good but not worth 40mil. no way. and then the salary 100+.

as for Hazard i'm sort of biast. i've wanted us to buy him for a long time. as for the 200, thats a little disappointment. i would have thought 125 or 150. 200 is too much for any player.

we need defenders, a right back. now it's gonna be Hulk, Marin, de Bruyne, mata and hazard. who's gonna play. Lukaku needs games and Pizon needs first team experience. and Sturridge, McEachran and Romeu need games as well. how many midfielders are gonna play.

i dont understand why we are renewing contracts of malouda and Ferreira. Ferreira i can understand a little, if he is happy to sit on the bench then fine we need seat fillers. but malouda???
Old 2012-05-31, 21:52   Link #3485
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hazard will have a bad season. i can feel it. he'll easily get bullied around by more physical teams.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 21:57   Link #3486
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Of course, it's easy to assume that Hazard won't do as well because of the physical nature, and you have to give him time before we can declare him to be a boom or bust, but 35 million for a talented player from the French League (which is pretty much second-tier compared to the levels of La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga and Seria A, in no particular order) does seem a very large sum.

Then again, Chelsea does have a budding youth system. Just waiting for ManC to splash more cash than them.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:11   Link #3487
Bri

Going from Ligue 1 to the EPL will probably make Hazards technical skills stand out even more. If next seasons Chelsea plays to his strengths, than I don't see why he can't be successful. The same was feared about Fabregas at the start.
Old 2012-05-31, 22:22   Link #3488
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

It's all a question of time and adaptability. No one doubts Hazard's technical skills, just how fast does he adapts to the EPL game at all. We've seen quite a lot of relatively technical players do well in the EPL nowadays in their first season or so like Silva and Mata, so it'll be interesting to see how Hazard at least tries to break into a Chelsea midfield in the short term and establish himself there. Then again, Chelsea tried to play to Mata's strength at the start of the season and he really did well.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:20   Link #3489
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Trying to renew Malouda's contract is not really a good deal. He isn't young anymore, and certainly isn't at the top of his game like previous years, slow on the run and frequently losing possession. My opinion is that they should rather keep Kalou instead of Malouda.

I feel that Hazard would do fine in the EPL, or at least he better, with the crazy salary he demands and gets. But Hulk would be a good addition to the squad, with his strength that resembles that of the legendary Drogba.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:16   Link #3490
Bri

Only a week until the start of the sporting event of the year (sorry Olympics ). Euro 2012 promises to be an interesting tournament.

Germany and Spain are set for a favorite role but a number of outsiders could cause an upset. I rather like the French and Italian squads on paper, but on a good day the Dutch, English, Portuguese and Russians could be set for a deep run.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:15   Link #3491
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Only a week until the start of the sporting event of the year (sorry Olympics ). Euro 2012 promises to be an interesting tournament.

Germany and Spain are set for a favorite role but a number of outsiders could cause an upset. I rather like the French and Italian squads on paper, but on a good day the Dutch, English, Portuguese and Russians could be set for a deep run.
Yeah, Germany and Spain are heavy favorites, but there could always be an upset. France is also in a pretty great run so far, their defense are a bit weak but those attacking sides are definitely enviable. Netherlands also shared hat defense problems, any injury to their defenses would be catastrophic, especially since De Jong/Van Bommel and Robben/Sneijder are nowhere near as good as they were 2 years ago. Huntelaar and RVP is probably the best strikers in Europe right now, though.

Russia and Portugal has great players (CR7 is probably the best player in Euro) but I'm not sure about them as a whole team. As far as balance goes Italy is pretty great, or at least they would be if they're not rocked by another scandal - losing Criscito is a huge enough blow already.

Which leaves England...I think even English fans aren't that optimistic anymore. Their defense is definitely one of the best, but their midfield is in absolute tatters with Lampard confirmed to be unable to make it. Especially with Rooney missing the first two match, I wouldn't be too surprised if Sweden can pip them to the knockout rounds.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:49   Link #3492
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
England never does well away from the island

What about Greece? Compared to 04 and 08 the team has more quality, I think they will make it past the group stage... well or at least I hope so

Anyway, all things considered I support Portugal, it's the most interesting team to watch as long as Ronaldo does not try to increase his income
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 06:52   Link #3493
Blaat

^I'm hoping for a Greece v Germany quarter-final. ;P

Anyway normally I would predict a Germany v Spain final but...
I think Spain will be a lot weaker this year, with no David Villa (he scored 1/3 of all goals for Spain in the past two years I think), no Puyol their defence will be suspect, they had less time to prepare for the Euros: last week while all teams had everyone together Spain were still missing nine players because of a Copa Del Rey final. Most of the players had a long season (especially the Barca players) and they're in a rather tough group.
As for Germany they have a weak defence, with the exception of Lahm, no depth (see the Switzerland friendly) their players had a long season, especially the core Bayern players, the same core Bayern players are also coming in after a losing streak (being in a losing treble) and they're in really tough group.

Interesting to see all that all the favourites have a weak defence could this be the tournament with plenty of goals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Netherlands also shared hat defense problems, any injury to their defenses would be catastrophic, especially since De Jong/Van Bommel and Robben/Sneijder are nowhere near as good as they were 2 years ago. Huntelaar and RVP is probably the best strikers in Europe right now, though.
Only one of them will be playing though (it's going to be RVP and Huntelaar isn't happy about) they tried playing with both of them with RVP playing like Henry at Barca, winger-striker role it didn't really work.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:13   Link #3494
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just want England to do well... >_____<
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:07   Link #3495
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just want England to do well... >_____<
They actually might well be, just needs a different approach. Their midfield might not be at their best but the defense is still excellent, it's probably better to do a Chelsea and played a much deeper, more defensive style, hitting opponent back at the counter. They have an excellent GK in Hart and the Chelsea defensive core was great last tournament, and there's some pacey wingers (AOC, Walcott, Young) for fast breaks. It will be boring and unattractive, but in my opinion that's the best way to take it.

Well, they got a huge game against Belgium today, a team that hasn't got a good chemistry as a team yet but full of very talented individuals. Definitely stronger for Norway, it will be a good final test of England's readiness to start the Euro 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Interesting to see all that all the favourites have a weak defence could this be the tournament with plenty of goals?

Only one of them will be playing though (it's going to be RVP and Huntelaar isn't happy about) they tried playing with both of them with RVP playing like Henry at Barca, winger-striker role it didn't really work.
I agree, Spain and Germany are still favorites but they haven't been playing at their best, so there's still competition and huge chance for an upset. I also hope for lots of great goals, amazing defensive displays are great and all but goals are the spice that make games exciting.

And yeah, I saw it backfire horribly against Bulgaria too. Holland suffer from the imbalance problem of having very talented individuals in the same position, leading to a very hard choice. Same thing with Van der Vaart and Sneijder too, actually. Personally, based on their current, national-team form I'd pick VDV and Huntelaar, but they both make for an excellent substitute should the worst happen. It's the defenders they can't afford to lose, injuries would be catastrophic.
Old 2012-06-02, 11:52   Link #3496
Blaat

I think England has a decent chance if Roy Hodgson has the time to put down his organization. He's a good defensive coach which is 'perfect' for underdogs in tournaments and England is one (unlike what the press and fans usually like to insist) and this time around the English press isn't expecting unrealistic things this time around which works in England's favour.
I can see them reaching the quarter-finals, with a bit of luck the semi-final and with plenty of Chelsea luck winning it, but surely lightning won't strike twice in the same year? (knocks on wood )
Old 2012-06-05, 09:20   Link #3497
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think England has a decent chance if Roy Hodgson has the time to put down his organization. He's a good defensive coach which is 'perfect' for underdogs in tournaments and England is one (unlike what the press and fans usually like to insist) and this time around the English press isn't expecting unrealistic things this time around which works in England's favour.
I can see them reaching the quarter-finals, with a bit of luck the semi-final and with plenty of Chelsea luck winning it, but surely lightning won't strike twice in the same year? (knocks on wood )
I'm still wondering what is his problem for not selecting Rio.

Shinji...phone home...
Old 2012-06-05, 09:37   Link #3498
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I'm still wondering what is his problem for not selecting Rio.

Shinji...phone home...
Considering the situation involving his brother, I could understand him not taking Rio. But to overlook Micah Richards in favour of someone like Martin Kelly is just criminal.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:32   Link #3499
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Considering the situation involving his brother, I could understand him not taking Rio. But to overlook Micah Richards in favour of someone like Martin Kelly is just criminal.
Isn't it because Micah Richards refused to be in standby list, while Martin Kelly has been following the squad till right after the Belgium match?

Frankly i don't think it will send a good message to allow Micah Richards to skip the queue, while Kelly have been waiting there all along. Mistake will lay on whether Micah Richards should be picked over either Jones (the original back-up RB) or Johnson. But i think it's totally justified for players in standby to get a call when the main squad injured

Similar to Rio case. The press should object the decision back when Rio was not considered in standby list. Not now
Old 2012-06-05, 18:17   Link #3500
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Should be a good signing for United. Looks like Ferguson is planning to ditch 4-4-2 in favor of a 4-3-3 derivative. United's midfield got overrun more than a few times in Europe this year against sides that were not afraid to press them.

Still, I'd expect they will be looking for another (holding) midfielder who is comfortable on the ball.

Tags
football, soccer