AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-16, 13:52   Link #21
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Her side is well written (the attraction side at least), actually it's some of the best writing in Mahouka IMO, but there's no chemistry and no attraction on his side, firstly because of what he is I think (that goes for any girl). I can't take Mahouka seriously as a romance atm. And from the start she was attracted to him for some reason, not immediately romantically but still eh, sounded a little too convenient.
I really don't care about Tatsuya's opinion for shipping because we know he can't fall in love. I care only about the girls side. If we consider too much Tatsuya it won't be funny to ship because it just means he will die alone. I do think they have a good chemistry however.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 02:56   Link #22
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
She better be with Juumonji,because Tatsuya doesn't feel love aside from his brotherly love to Miyuki.
Tatsuya already stated a limit with his love for Miyuki i.e. "romantic love" is off-limits with Miyuki.

Juumonji already attempted to "ship" Mayumi to Tatsuya and the library scene between Tatsuya and Mayumi indicates something i.e. without surveillance cameras, Tatsuya could have returned Mayumi's advances.

Tatsuya's main problem is his guardian responsibility for Miyuki which could interfere with advancing a relationship with Mayumi i.e. can He effectively protect two women in his life?

Tatsuya's guardian responsibility for Miyuki seems to have been lessen in the recent novels.

Last edited by encia; 2014-05-17 at 03:11.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 08:21   Link #23
Echizen777

^Not that I don't ship them but Tatsuya would have never accepted this marriage. Idk if guardians can have accepted this marriage, he doesn't care at all, and be with their direct rival would be far too dangerous. His guardian job is still the same and it's not even the problem. He could have accepted Honoka if he wanted, love is a trivial for him. All the girls are suffering while he feels nothing lol. Thats kinda sad.
Old 2014-05-17, 11:39   Link #24
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Tatsuya already stated a limit with his love for Miyuki i.e. "romantic love" is off-limits with Miyuki.

Juumonji already attempted to "ship" Mayumi to Tatsuya and the library scene between Tatsuya and Mayumi indicates something i.e. without surveillance cameras, Tatsuya could have returned Mayumi's advances.

Tatsuya's main problem is his guardian responsibility for Miyuki which could interfere with advancing a relationship with Mayumi i.e. can He effectively protect two women in his life?

Tatsuya's guardian responsibility for Miyuki seems to have been lessen in the recent novels.
I never looked at it that way. you make some interesting points here. although Katsuto's "ship" was more him advising Tatsuya to get into a master clan after beating Ichijou, he did suggest it. Maybe we're not the only ones who can see the plausibility of this possibility.

as for the library scene, I think Tatsuya's initial response was meant to be platonic and only after speaking did he realize the dual meaning of his words...but even then he still didn't refuse them or her. I might need to go check that scene again
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 18:14   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Best girl hands down, Erika disappointed me and became annoying but Mayumi grew on me.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 18:21   Link #26
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Best girl hands down, Erika disappointed me and became annoying but Mayumi grew on me.
You should see what /a/ thinks of Erika and the Chibas in general

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 19:52   Link #27
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
^Not that I don't ship them but Tatsuya would have never accepted this marriage. Idk if guardians can have accepted this marriage, he doesn't care at all, and be with their direct rival would be far too dangerous. His guardian job is still the same and it's not even the problem. He could have accepted Honoka if he wanted, love is a trivial for him. All the girls are suffering while he feels nothing lol. Thats kinda sad.
Tatsuya didn't directly refuse Mayumi option i.e.

Katsuto: "Is President Saegusa not your type?"
Tatsuya: "No? Well Saegusa does have, cute charms, in her own way."

There was the original planned marriage between Kōichi Saegusa and Maya Yotsuba.

Tatsuya has His own issues with Yotsuba clan i.e. "He was not one of them. Even though the blood of the Ten ran through his veins, he was never considered one of them."

Both Tatsuya and Mayumi are in similar position in regards to being at odds with their respective family clans. Tatsuya has to work to get some respect from the Yotsuba clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
I never looked at it that way. you make some interesting points here. although Katsuto's "ship" was more him advising Tatsuya to get into a master clan after beating Ichijou, he did suggest it. Maybe we're not the only ones who can see the plausibility of this possibility.

as for the library scene, I think Tatsuya's initial response was meant to be platonic and only after speaking did he realize the dual meaning of his words...but even then he still didn't refuse them or her. I might need to go check that scene again
My point with Katsuto's "shipping" Mayumi to Tatsuya is that Katsuto has fundamentally remove himself as an option for Mayumi.

Last edited by encia; 2014-05-17 at 20:03.
Old 2014-05-17, 20:04   Link #28
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

@Encia although Tatsuya didn't directly refuse you've got the conversation backwards. That and Katsuto doesn't refer to Mayumi as "President Saegusa".
Besides, Tatsuya isn't interested in being part of the 10MC, nor does he want/need any respect from the Yotsuba...

Quote:
Tatsuya: "......in regards to being President Saegusa's partner, was Chairman Juumonji's name not considered as well?"

Katsuto: "That was certainly brought up too."

Tatsuya: "......is President Saegusa not your type?"

Katsuto: "No? Well Saegusa does have, cute charms, in her own way."

Tatsuya: "......"

Tatsuya could no longer find a reply.
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 20:13   Link #29
Echizen777

Katsuto doesn't care about marrying Mayumi. He just wants to fulfill his duty as the heir. Give him more time and he could marry her sisters or even Miyuki if a marriage was arranged (that's just an example).

Change of topic: What do you think is that Virtual Area Penetration magic she was practicing in her SS? According to the twins the bullet had no physical movement, maybe she was shooting in the Information Dimension?
Old 2014-05-17, 20:28   Link #30
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Katsuto doesn't care about marrying Mayumi. He just wants to fulfill his duty as the heir. Give him more time and he could marry her sisters or even Miyuki if a marriage was arranged (that's just an example).

Change of topic: What do you think is that Virtual Area Penetration magic she was practicing in her SS? According to the twins the bullet had no physical movement, maybe she was shooting in the Information Dimension?
"Virtual Area Expansion Penetration" - Sounds like she's expanding the distance between molecules to create a a hole or something...

Back on topic: The shooting range is technically hers right? The general populace probably wouldn't see it as her "pounding away", more like "As expected of 'President Saegusa', how diligent, or something along those lines..
Old 2014-05-17, 22:55   Link #31
nosaer

Quote:
My point with Katsuto's "shipping" Mayumi to Tatsuya is that Katsuto has fundamentally remove himself as an option for Mayumi.
If Katsuto was removing himself as an option, then he would not have asked Mayumi about the possibility of deepening their relationship during the parasite arc. Besides shortly after Mayumi, he offered to ship him with either of her little sisters. I'm sure this situation wasn't a completely well thought out one but pretty spur of the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
"Virtual Area Expansion Penetration" - Sounds like she's expanding the distance between molecules to create a a hole or something...

Back on topic: The shooting range is technically hers right? The general populace probably wouldn't see it as her "pounding away", more like "As expected of 'President Saegusa', how diligent, or something along those lines..
Why would the general public be at the Saegusa household's personal shooting range? I don't see how they could have an opinion on Mayumi's work ethic, nor why its important in this case.
Old 2014-05-17, 23:55   Link #32
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
If Katsuto was removing himself as an option, then he would not have asked Mayumi about the possibility of deepening their relationship during the parasite arc. Besides shortly after Mayumi, he offered to ship him with either of her little sisters. I'm sure this situation wasn't a completely well thought out one but pretty spur of the moment.

Why would the general public be at the Saegusa household's personal shooting range? I don't see how they could have an opinion on Mayumi's work ethic, nor why its important in this case.
No my point wasn't that the public was there, it was what other people would have thought had they seen her in doing something like that. Also I just tried to going into an in depth discussion of "Virtual Area Expansion Penetration" because we'd probably be sent to the character powers thread...
Old 2014-05-18, 06:18   Link #33
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Tatsuya didn't directly refuse Mayumi option i.e.

Katsuto: "Is President Saegusa not your type?"
Tatsuya: "No? Well Saegusa does have, cute charms, in her own way."

There was the original planned marriage between Kōichi Saegusa and Maya Yotsuba.

Tatsuya has His own issues with Yotsuba clan i.e. "He was not one of them. Even though the blood of the Ten ran through his veins, he was never considered one of them."

Both Tatsuya and Mayumi are in similar position in regards to being at odds with their respective family clans. Tatsuya has to work to get some respect from the Yotsuba clan.
There's gonna be something going with the yotsuba and saegusa families that much was hinted in last few volumes. But we have to see what will go down between them.
An arranged marriage is a possibility as a result of the future entanglement between the 2 clans. until we see what will happen between the clans its hard to say what the end result will be, for all we know nothing will happen or could be a full scale war between them.

Tatsuya doesn't really care about the yotsuba or what they think of him that more miyukis problem with the yotsuba and the rest of the world. As for mayumi eing at odds with the clan is more like she disagrees with her father's actions.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 06:58   Link #34
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
@Encia although Tatsuya didn't directly refuse you've got the conversation backwards. That and Katsuto doesn't refer to Mayumi as "President Saegusa".
Besides, Tatsuya isn't interested in being part of the 10MC, nor does he want/need any respect from the Yotsuba...
Katsuto is already in the "Ten Families" i.e. "Ten Master Clans must be the strongest Magicians in the country". Katsuto has spoken to Mayumi about 10MC's meeting results i.e. attempting to monopolize Japan's magical power within the 10MC.

Katsuto is giving Tatsuya some options to join the "Ten Master Clans".

Quote:
......From the looks of things, Katsuto meant the latter.

Katsuto: "Shiba, are you from the Ten Families?"

Tatsuya: "No. I'm not."

Katsuto: "Then, as discussed in a family meeting, here's my advice to you as the vice representative of the Juumonji house. Shiba, you should join the Ten Families."

Katsuto: "Hm......how about the Saegusa?"

Tatsuya: "......in regards to being President Saegusa's partner, was Chairman Juumonji's name not considered as well?"

Katsuto: "That was certainly brought up too."

Tatsuya: "......is President Saegusa not your type?"

Katsuto "No? Well Saegusa does have, cute charms, in her own way."

Tatsuya could no longer find a reply.
I didn't state Tatsuya was seeking respect from Yotsuba which is different to Yotsuba clan was giving some respect to Tatsuya. Besides, Yotsuba clan already allocated a new guardian for Miyuki.

Tatsuya's being "interested as part of 10MC" is a bit pointless since Tatsuya is already "part" of Yotsuba clan i.e. 10MC doesn't know Mr No-name's background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
There's gonna be something going with the yotsuba and saegusa families that much was hinted in last few volumes. But we have to see what will go down between them.
An arranged marriage is a possibility as a result of the future entanglement between the 2 clans. until we see what will happen between the clans its hard to say what the end result will be, for all we know nothing will happen or could be a full scale war between them.

Tatsuya doesn't really care about the yotsuba or what they think of him that more miyukis problem with the yotsuba and the rest of the world. As for mayumi eing at odds with the clan is more like she disagrees with her father's actions.
"Tatsuya doesn't really care about the Yotsuba" is different to "Yotsuba clan was giving some respect to Tatsuya".

Head Saegusa's behind the scenes work aims to weaken Yotsuba clan via opportunistic proxy war. Anyone for "Romeo and Juliet" or Titanic's "Jack Dawson (Mr No-Name) and Rose DeWitt Bukater" type scenario?

We do have sections in the novels which has Mayumi is thinking about Tatsuya and her feelings without a "significant other" when compared to other couples in the University.

Quote:
Mayumi didn't directly answer Katsuto's question, hence some doubt from Katsuto's point of view on his relationship progression with Mayumi i.e. if Katsuto "wants" Mayumi, then he should not give Tatsuya the Mayumi option (during Nine Schools Competition Chapter II time period).

In the library scene, Mayumi and Tatsuya is getting too close.

Vol12/C10 time period has
Quote:
"Mayumi, on whose behalf are you so angry for?"
"Eh……?"

Although this was a spur of the moment question, it had delivered a surprisingly telling blow against Mayumi.

"Is this for Katsuto-kun? Or is it for someone among your underclassmen at First High?"

"I didn’t……."

Even Kudou Retsu’s name was not enough to cower Mayumi, and yet, here she was, wavering to the point that she trembled with terror.
Koichi Saegusa already knows Mayumi's links with Katsuto or a certain underclassmen at First High. Atm, the "relationship fence off" haven't occurred, but the library scene between Mayumi and Tatsuya is getting close for "first base" i.e. the classic "first base library scene".

Last edited by encia; 2014-05-18 at 09:34.
Old 2014-05-18, 12:06   Link #35
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Look here you said

Quote:
Which implies he has a need for it, you don't work for something you don't want/need. Whether or not the Yotsuba respect him does not matter to Tatsuya, nor would it impact his chance of getting shipped with other women.

Quote:
Tatsuya's being "interested as part of 10MC" is a bit pointless since Tatsuya is already "part" of Yotsuba clan i.e. 10MC doesn't know Mr No-name's background.
Yes he is technically part of the 10MC but he himself does not see it that way.

Quote:
Mayumi didn't directly answer Katsuto's question, hence some doubt from Katsuto's point of view on his relationship progression with Mayumi i.e. if Katsuto "wants" Mayumi, then he should not give Tatsuya the Mayumi option (during Nine Schools Competition Chapter II time period).
It's not a want thing, that's just how Katsuto is, it's more about politics and his responsibility as heir to the 'Juumonji' family
Old 2014-05-18, 12:26   Link #36
nosaer

Quote:
you must be forgetting that Katsuto suggested tatsuya marry mayumi in volume 4, yet asked mayumi out much later than that in like volume 10 or 11. Mayumi is an option for him, just not necessarily the option yet. Im sure there's other things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about because he isn't the focus of the story.

It is interesting though that Mayumi sees both Katsuto and Tatsuya as being similar to each other and they happen to be my best options for a ship. she has imagined how each of them would react to certain situations as well, though Tatsuya seems to occupy a larger portion of her thoughts.
Old 2014-05-18, 14:54   Link #37
real123

in the first time mayumi and tatsuya meet in the ln he leaves because he was afraid of something , what was that thing
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 15:15   Link #38
Echizen777

Well, Katsuto is number 2. If Hirofumi dies he is next but he is not in love. He will accept any girl for arranged marriage. Himself he has other candidates, Mayumi isn't the only one.
Old 2014-05-18, 15:38   Link #39
itisjustme

Just comparing character thread activity Mayumi looks to be the most popular, honestly I'm surprised, when I first came in this subforum I thought it was a den of Miyuki shippers.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 15:39   Link #40
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
in the first time mayumi and tatsuya meet in the ln he leaves because he was afraid of something , what was that thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 1 Ch 1
Somewhere in his heart, he feared the smiling face of Mayumi, and at what might happen if he were to continue talking with her.

Even though he was not conscious of what he was afraid of.
Not even Tatsuya knew what he was afraid of. Maybe he was afraid that he might start to like her, or maybe he was afraid that he'd burst out some angry rhetoric, or maybe he was just afraid that she'd see right through him which is something he often thinks when confronted by her. in the end we can only speculate, but something about Mayumi moved Tatsuya this much is true lol.

Quote:
Well, Katsuto is number 2. If Hirofumi dies he is next but he is not in love. He will accept any girl for arranged marriage. Himself he has other candidates, Mayumi isn't the only one.
I doubt Hirofume and Mayumi would ever work. Neither of them cares for the pairing. the entire time he was at her house in her SS she was comparing him to Tatsuya and I think Katsuto as well in a not so favorable way lol. When she thinks about Hirofume she spends hours blowing off steam at the shooting range. when she thinks about Tatsuya, she soaks herself in the bath and wonders if she's woman enough for him lol.