AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-02-19, 19:40   Link #7341
B214

CxC probably with the wyverns. Though it would still be possible for him to get DxD with Ophis' blessing like Vali did.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 07:11   Link #7342
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And maybe ExE. But no AxA or the form shown in EX. But he already had the True Queen even before he lost his original body, so why did you mention CxC?

And it seems like a lot of people think Ise will never be able to bring out all of Ddraig's full power, but I think he'll be able to once his base gets up to Maou-class in power. Vali, too. And even with his old body, he would eventually have been able to get to that point anyway. He'll just reach that point sooner with his new body.

And no, of course I'm not saying Ise or Vali would become Ddraig or Albion. In Volume 17, we were told that Euclid would be able to bring out more than Ddraig's full power and that he'd be able to completely master Juggernaut Drive (and he's at Maou-class in base form). Would you say Euclid would become Ddraig?

It may or may not happen within this series, but I really don't think it's impossible for Ise. He'll do it eventually. He just needs to become strong enough somehow. Awakening Ophis and Great Red's powers completely and unlocking AxA might do it. If not, he'll probably just need to train some more after that. Getting his new body and also the influence of Dragon Deification improved his base and now he's Maou-class in the True Queen form, so it's possible that the influence of AxA and the awakening of Great Red and Ophis' powers will also improve his base as well. We just need to see if that will make him strong enough to be able to bring out Ddraig's full power.

But anyway, yeah, even without getting his new body, he would've still gotten Wyverns and would also still have been able to complete CxC. It would've just taken him longer than it would now to complete CxC.

But yeah, again, I don't want to argue anymore about whether or not Ise would eventually be able to bring out Ddraig's full power. I'm just saying I think he will. I've also brought all the quotes that hint at it happening. There may not be proof for him definitely doing it within this series, but there are still at least hints that he'll still be able to do it at some point eventually. And I don't think there's anything contradicting or disproving the notion either.

Edit to add: Okay, I keep bringing this up and then asking to not continue the argument. That's bad, right? Sorry.

But anyway, I do have something to add here. If Ise really will never be able to make his base strong enough that he'll be able to bring out Ddraig's full power, how is he able to handle a Heavenly Dragon-level or higher form at all? DxD should be above that once he manages to bring out Ddraig's full power, and the fully Dragonified from in EX should also be Heavenly Dragon-level by itself from what it can do. Think about it.

Edit2: Also, if anyone who doesn't think Ise can ever become able to bring out Ddraig's full power can tell me why he/she thinks so without bringing back the argument, I'm all ears (or, in this case, eyes? ()).

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-02-20 at 08:02.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 10:08   Link #7343
Blazor 98

I'm having issues with this translation but what does this mean?

···既然要战斗的话,就算对手是义姐大人,就算是一诚,我也要赢过你们”
格雷菲亚、义姐、碧娜·蕾斯赞露出了欣喜的笑容接受了义妹的宣战。
“很好。这样才算的是我的义妹”
没错,莉亚斯向自己最看重的义姐宣战了。期望与自己最爱之人进行一战。因此,莉亚斯寻求着能打倒强大的恋人 和义姐的力量——。
如果那股力量能凭借莉亚斯她们所拥有的能力进一步解放的话,那么就会成为超越现在的战力。
巴斯科·斯特拉达,像是进行最后的确认,坏心眼地问着莉亚斯。
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 11:59   Link #7344
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Is that Chinese?
Old 2018-02-20, 12:15   Link #7345
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

It's about Rias challenging Grayfia to a fight in the tournament saying how even if she is her sister, she will beat her (the first quote is Rias saying this).
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 13:13   Link #7346
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are Ise and Rias finally going to face each other in the tournament? In Volume 25? Or is Rias challenging Grayfia outside of a match?
Old 2018-02-20, 13:17   Link #7347
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

You know for a fact V25 will not have a Issei vs Rias match so now the answer is obvious.
Old 2018-02-20, 13:19   Link #7348
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Okay, so now I want to know why Rias challenged Grayfia outside of a match. Is it because she wants her to train her? Or is there some other reason?
Old 2018-02-20, 15:01   Link #7349
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Okay, so now I want to know why Rias challenged Grayfia outside of a match. Is it because she wants her to train her?
What?? this don't make any sense.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 15:03   Link #7350
Lucidrago

Rias challenged Issei in Volume 22. It's more of acknowledging Grayfia as a fellow competitor in the tournament and that if their teams were to fight in the tournament, she would face Grayfia and defeat her.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 15:15   Link #7351
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sekiryuu12: Just think of the first her as Grayfia and the second one as Rias. Or you could just say it as "Maybe Rias asked Grayfia to train her".

@Lucidrago: That could be it, yes.
Old 2018-02-20, 15:32   Link #7352
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Maybe Rias still feels threaten by Grayfia from "Let's Go to Onsen" when Grayfia was in the bath with Issei. Don't take this too seriously.
Old 2018-02-20, 15:36   Link #7353
DragonOsman
Dragon King

*reads note in bold+italic* (it's bad that I need to read that first).

If it's that, she'd better hope Grayfia doesn't get drunk again.
Old 2018-02-20, 16:05   Link #7354
syzorst
syzorst

That text is from Volume 23 "Singularity" when Rias is recruiting Vasco Strada. It's a small flashback of Rias talking with Grayfia when she found out Bina was Grayfia (do to Bina''s mask broke during the Issei vs Dulio rating game). Rias wonders why Grayfia is competing to which Grayfia responds by saying she plans to help Issei become a Maou since he's become a big existence in the Underworld and that she will act as his queen during the tournament. Rias accepts Grayfia decision and challenges her as a competitor and as a sister saying "she won't lose". Grayfia smiles and says "she looks forward to it" I think Rias went to recruit Strada when she realize Issei had Grayfia on his team.

The last part of the text stats

"Rias seeks to overcome the powerful lover and sister and If that power can be further emancipated by the power that Rias has, then it will be a force that transcends the present"

Whatever that means.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 16:10   Link #7355
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
That text is from Volume 23 "Singularity" when Rias is recruiting Vasco Strada. It's a small flashback of Rias talking with Grayfia when she found out Bina was Grayfia (do to Bina''s mask broke during the Issei vs Dulio rating game). Rias wonders why Grayfia is competing to which Grayfia responds by saying she plans to help Issei become a Maou since he's become a big existence in the Underworld and that she will act as his queen during the tournament. Rias accepts Grayfia decision and challenges her as a competitor and as a sister saying "she won't lose". Grayfia smiles and says "she looks forward to it" I think Rias went to recruit Strada when she realize Issei had Grayfia on his team.

The last part of the text stats

"Rias seeks to overcome the powerful lover and sister and If that power can be further emancipated by the power that Rias has, then it will be a force that transcends the present"

Whatever that means.
I see, lol no wonder Rias went to recruit Strada. Issei having the strongest female devil who is the ultimate "Queen" would be a serious threat. Grayfia has yet to display her real power. We probably won't see it until much later though.

Last edited by Lord Kai; 2018-02-20 at 16:23.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 16:31   Link #7356
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What power does she want to make transcend? Is she saying she wants to use her power to make Ise's transcend the present times? And if so, how does she plan to do that? But yeah, if finding out about Bina being Grayfia was why she recruited Stada into her tournament team, I agree with her decision even more than I already did.
Old 2018-02-21, 13:57   Link #7357
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

For Xenovia's eldest daughter (she said she wants 2 daughters), I think it would be cool if she will be called Xena and her personality, fighting style, and appearance are based on Xena the Warrior Princess. Reason being is because looking at Xenovia's and Zen's name, there's a connection of both beginning with similar vowels and Xena would continue this pattern. Also it's a Greek name like Xenovia. Reason for my points about Xena the Warrior Princess is because like Xenovia, Xena would be a warrior like her mother and the rest would just be an awesome reference to the original character. If Xena has a nickname of Warrior Princess, that would not only be a nod to the original Xena, but to her mother's nickname of Slashing Princess (Warrior Princess being inherited from this nickname). Her race biology is an automatic reference to original Xena due to original Xena becoming a demon in the episode Fallen Angel and being a human in general. She can have nicknames similar to original Xena's like God Slayer (original Xena's is Slayer of Gods). She'd be basically an expy of the original Xena.
Old 2018-02-21, 15:34   Link #7358
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
For Xenovia's eldest daughter (she said she wants 2 daughters), I think it would be cool if she will be called Xena and her personality, fighting style, and appearance are based on Xena the Warrior Princess. Reason being is because looking at Xenovia's and Zen's name, there's a connection of both beginning with similar vowels and Xena would continue this pattern. Also it's a Greek name like Xenovia. Reason for my points about Xena the Warrior Princess is because like Xenovia, Xena would be a warrior like her mother and the rest would just be an awesome reference to the original character. If Xena has a nickname of Warrior Princess, that would not only be a nod to the original Xena, but to her mother's nickname of Slashing Princess (Warrior Princess being inherited from this nickname). Her race biology is an automatic reference to original Xena due to original Xena becoming a demon in the episode Fallen Angel and being a human in general. She can have nicknames similar to original Xena's like God Slayer (original Xena's is Slayer of Gods). She'd be basically an expy of the original Xena.
that only works if xena the warrior princess was popular in Japan or that one of those who work with ichie is a fan to introduce it as a nod, as happened with ash ketchum who has a tribute version in dxd.

we must remember that Japanese tastes with Westerners are not the same on many occasions, series that failed or a moderate success in Japan were a success in the West, the most famous case is Saint Seiya who managed to get his final season due to the great influence and fan loyalty in europe.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-21, 16:13   Link #7359
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I am just saying how cool it would be...
I am not acting like I expect it to happen but it could since Ishibumi derived Xenovia's name from a Queen from the Palmyrene Empire (so forget what I said about her name being Greek), something not popular at all in Japan and don't forget how many mythologies Ishibumi has researched included Welsh and Celtic which can be a rarity for fantasy authors from Japan to do.
Old 2018-02-21, 17:14   Link #7360
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
I am just saying how cool it would be...
I am not acting like I expect it to happen but it could since Ishibumi derived Xenovia's name from a Queen from the Palmyrene Empire (so forget what I said about her name being Greek), something not popular at all in Japan and don't forget how many mythologies Ishibumi has researched included Welsh and Celtic which can be a rarity for fantasy authors from Japan to do.
yes, but xena was villana of turn and subsequent friend of hercules in the series hercules, making her an original character of the universe of this series that got great popularity in the public and thanks to that she was able to get her own series, therefore it is not a mythological character, if not a combination of several famous female characters such as atalanta, Hipolita, Boudica and the concept of Amazons to consider with the series.

A name that could be good is Boudica, a Celtic queen who opposed Rome and was able to win several important victories leading the Celts.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote