AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-27, 08:28   Link #8681
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

OH MY GOSH, THEY'RE WATCHING A BRIDGE TOO FAR!!! That's one of my favorite movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar33 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Maginot's uniform are looking good .
Oh yeah, miniskirts are okay in my book
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 09:33   Link #8682
gaiar33

Now have

1.Miho 2.Mako 3. Yukari

what's about hana and saori ????
gaiar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 13:13   Link #8683
Platypus

GuP? storyboard?
https://twitter.com/tsuki_akari/stat...35367984193537
Old 2014-12-27, 19:49   Link #8684
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

where do i get that game?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 21:28   Link #8685
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well its not so much an actual logo, but rather the WoT x GuP stacked together. It was present from day one when they released that video where they recreated several GuP tank scenes using the game engine spliced with anime crew scenes.

And they also had Miho say "Let's Battle!" for that video, and subsequently the other crew members for voice packs.

Wargaming is experimenting with an Arpeggio of Blue Steel x World of Warships collabo but I hear that is going nowhere fast. Wrong series I reckon; KantaiColle makes more sense.

.......I wonder if the new season will contain a Fury reference.
Old 2014-12-27, 23:15   Link #8686
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Wargaming is experimenting with an Arpeggio of Blue Steel x World of Warships collabo but I hear that is going nowhere fast. Wrong series I reckon; KantaiColle makes more sense.
Of course nothing's been shown on that yet, considering the game isn't out yet and thus they can't even begin to promote it heavily.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 03:53   Link #8687
Nork22

Quote:
Based on what I've seen in the closed Alpha and Open Beta weekends, the game is coming along fine, and but as noted, don't know when they will release it. It will work though, just like this GuP collab.
Old 2014-12-29, 09:36   Link #8688
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

OH MY GOSH, THEY'RE WATCHING A BRIDGE TOO FAR!!! That's one of my favorite movies
And it's the scene before Maj. Gen. Urquhart's jeep blew up. Superb film by the late Richard Attenborough.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 11:29   Link #8689
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
And it's the scene before Maj. Gen. Urquhart's jeep blew up. Superb film by the late Richard Attenborough.
Corporal Hancock: Sir.

[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart: Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

Corporal Hancock: Couldn't hurt, sir.

Overall, a very balanced movie with all the proper languages spoken. Too bad they had to throw in a Leopard I as a substitute for the Panther.
The opening narrations always raised a few eyebrowns though:

In 1944, the Second World War was in its fifth year and still going Hitler's way. German troops controlled most of Europe. D-Day changed all that.

Or do you mean the Soviets are coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh yeah, miniskirts are okay in my book
Yeeesss... move closer... move closer... press... together...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2014-12-29 at 12:25.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 13:23   Link #8690
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Corporal Hancock: Sir.

[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart: Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

Corporal Hancock: Couldn't hurt, sir.

Overall, a very balanced movie with all the proper languages spoken. Too bad they had to throw in a Leopard I as a substitute for the Panther.

- Tak

And one of the Lunatics is Richard Attenborough.

Don't forget the plastic Shermans on top of Land Rovers.

It's still a more satisfying war film than Fury (Tiger and all).
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 13:57   Link #8691
Tak

Quote:
If they would ever make a decent movie about Kursk and Stalingrad, I'd watch it.

The best Russian language war film I've ever seen was Brest fortress. The rest are rather sub-par.

Like the Chinese w/Japanese devils, the Russians love making movies with Nazi villains. But at least the Russians don't make a fool out of themselves in those movies, most of the time anyway.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-12-29, 15:49   Link #8692
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Meet the MedicFury in a nutshell.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 06:09   Link #8693
Qikz

Quote:

In 1944, the Second World War was in its fifth year and still going Hitler's way. German troops controlled most of Europe. D-Day changed all that.

Or do you mean the Soviets are coming?
The weird thing about that entire era of history of WW2 is that yes D-Day worked and all those men who died that day and the days after gave their lives to eventually disolve the Nazi regime but D-Day only worked due to how badly organised the German forces were at the end of the war.

With the Wermacht pushing Russia in 1941 they were so close to Moscow and had it not been for the harshest winter they'd ever seen Moscow would've fallen, there's no doubt about that. Stalin and the Red Army were just not prepared after the Winter War and Stalin's purges of his old commanders. From there the Germans still could've secured the Caucasus but they decided to attack and take Stalingrad as I guess a moral boost, it was more like a trophy than anything. Once again they would've succeeded but they'd spent so long bombing the hell out of it that it led their panzers unable to get through the city and also gave way to guerilla tactics as there was so much rubble everywhere.

This major failure by a large chunk of the Wermacht diverted troops and resources away from the Western Front which made it weak enough for D-Day to actually succeed. It's amazing to think that pretty much the history of our planet was decided by an incredibly harsh winter and a few major decisions by a now powermad dictator.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 06:46   Link #8694
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
It's amazing to think that pretty much the history of our planet was decided by an incredibly harsh winter and a few major decisions by a now powermad dictator.
That's undeniably true, but I think that's simplifying the issue too much as if everything only went right because of Hitler's blunders. Overlord was a massive operation, which included other Operations like Bodyguard that was a similar grand disinformation campaign to misdirect the German war machine. And of course, previous air campaigns and not to mention external and internal infiltrations and resistance efforts have weakened Germany's war industry to critical level. Along with all other operations leading up to D-Day, and it's a discredit to Allied planning to claim that it only worked because of Hitler's mistakes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 07:03   Link #8695
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The issue is that Kancolle is already a game. Game-Game collaborations are much harder.
Old 2014-12-30, 11:17   Link #8696
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's undeniably true, but I think that's simplifying the issue too much as if everything only went right because of Hitler's blunders. Overlord was a massive operation, which included other Operations like Bodyguard that was a similar grand disinformation campaign to misdirect the German war machine. And of course, previous air campaigns and not to mention external and internal infiltrations and resistance efforts have weakened Germany's war industry to critical level. Along with all other operations leading up to D-Day, and it's a discredit to Allied planning to claim that it only worked because of Hitler's mistakes.
It wasn't only because of Hitler and his commands mistakes and I imagine it's impossible to say this as it never happened, but had the German War Machine got their hands on the oil fields then the war would've gone on for a lot longer and probably resulted in an Axis victory. Infact, Germanies mistakes were also offset by the Soviet mistakes such as Stalin purging all his generals and going ahead with the Winter War which was one of the most costly campaigns the Russians ever faced during WW2.

Obviously it's a huge melting pot of things that happened and the outcome was decided between all of them, but Hitler becoming increasingly insane and cocky about what he and his armies could do were one of the most costly bad decisions of the war alongside most of the stupid stuff Stalin did. Had it not been for the Russian mistakes the Germans wouldn't have ever made it anywhere near Moscow. Stalin was just as insane as all the other leaders were and that's including people like Churchill. That man was a monster and it sickens me he was never made to face any kind of court for the atrocities he ordered against innocent Germans.

It was a very, very messy time and thankfully we're still here now to remember the sacrafices those poor people made and hopefully never let it happen again.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:31   Link #8697
Tak

Part of the reason why D-DAY worked was because at the time of it occurring...

HITLER WAS SLEEPING!

- Tak (no joke)

Old 2014-12-30, 13:30   Link #8698
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Part of the reason why D-DAY worked was because at the time of it occurring...

HITLER WAS SLEEPING!

- Tak (no joke)
And Rommel was away visiting family since, like many Germans, they were under the assumption that the bad weather would keep the Allies from doing anything yet, which was another reason for the Germans being caught completely by surprise when Overlord was implemented anyway, if a day later than they originally planned.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 14:45   Link #8699
Tak

And to think the Führer initially predicted the invasion would come from Normandy...

A degree of divine intervention might have been involved to change his mind, which we all know is a very uncommon occurrence, especially when his generals are involved.

- Tak

Old 2014-12-30, 15:07   Link #8700
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And Rommel was away visiting family since, like many Germans, they were under the assumption that the bad weather would keep the Allies from doing anything yet, which was another reason for the Germans being caught completely by surprise when Overlord was implemented anyway, if a day later than they originally planned.
Quote:
And to think the Führer initially predicted the invasion would come from Normandy...

A degree of divine intervention might have been involved to change his mind, which we all know is a very uncommon occurrence, especially when his generals are involved.

- Tak
And don't forget Operation Fortitude (Bodyguard)!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fortitude

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks