AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 11:29   Link #901
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i find it hilarious how Rachel's combo into her super only does like 1.8k. probably because she started out with a jab though. i'm also impressed that she got a perfect on ragna.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 11:34   Link #902
hinakatbklyn

(As a current level 36) I wouldn't dare use Rachel against a veteran or master regardless of the character. The majority of my wins were with Jin.
I can only remember 3 wins with Rachel. 2 against Bang and 1 against Tatoka (fortunately, Tatoka was charging in so I went with cat lightning)
If not for perhaps the story mode, I wouldn't even use Rachel. I might still use her though.

Speaking of Arakune, no matter who I used, I only got one win against him (No combos)
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 18:34   Link #903
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Rachel needed serfed, that's a given but what she became isn't what I had in mind. But for me she needed j.2C dumbed down a LOT and the Frog shouldn't Combo unless it starts it, that's all I wanted from her.

hell for BANG all i really WANTED for him was for 5A to hit all crouching and a slight damage boost, but he got oh so much more
Old 2010-01-14, 06:28   Link #904
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
CT Console version is getting a patch on the 21st this month. Don't worry, it's only for compatibility with the European version for Online, as well as preparations for new DLC and some bugfixes and volume adjustments. No balance changes have been made.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 06:38   Link #905
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
CT Console version is getting a patch on the 21st this month. Don't worry, it's only for compatibility with the European version for Online, as well as preparations for new DLC and some bugfixes and volume adjustments. No balance changes have been made.
I guess they are going to adjust Rachel's Sword Iris' volume?
Too bad, I really love my triple Sword Iris.
Old 2010-01-14, 14:32   Link #906
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

hope so, i mean that lightning bolt wakes my ass up
Old 2010-01-14, 18:03   Link #907
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Over 1 month till we get the European version of Blazblue, it's still too far away for my liking.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 17:59   Link #908
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
Rachel needed serfed, that's a given but what she became isn't what I had in mind. But for me she needed j.2C dumbed down a LOT and the Frog shouldn't Combo unless it starts it, that's all I wanted from her.
Yeah she definitely need a nerf, she should've been dropped from S tier to A or B like Arukune and Nu/Lambda did. Like I said before I hope Sagat and Ryu don't get the Rachael treatment in SSF4. Unless an exploit or abuse of a game mechanic is the reason a character is top tier, they should never be nerfed from top to bottom ever. It's stupid, it's dumb with Rachael in Blaz Blu and it was dumb with Sean and Ibuki in 3rd Strike.

No one believes me when I tell people Sean was an absolute beast back in 2nd Impact, that's how crap he is in 3rd Strike. His 2nd Impact version would be the top tier in 3rd Strike.. no joke.

Anyway if Rachael is any precedent expect one of Bang and Litchi to get nerfed to hell in the next version, doubt they'll make the poster boy of the series in Ragna bottom tier ever.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:08   Link #909
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I was always of the opinion that they should strive to make the poster boy one of the best in the game. After all, if this is the person that people will be introduced to, then at least when they master said character, they should be damn good, not realize that half the cast is better than said character (ahem...accent core Sol)
Old 2010-01-17, 01:24   Link #910
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ragna is solid a tier in CS, but he's at best b tier in CT.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 04:13   Link #911
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Ragna is 3rd best from the current listing.........boo Ragna.......

but SAGAT in SSF4 didn't get a nerf at all, they've already said they wouldn't and didn't, which is sad. I don't care what your explanation is, evenon character look (as in he's a huge super fast powerful character) so he's just gonna be that way no matter what, he needs nerfing.

that being said i'm not getting SSf4 because SF as a whole is a terrible series lol, so whatever.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:33   Link #912
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
but SAGAT in SSF4 didn't get a nerf at all, they've already said they wouldn't and didn't, which is sad. I don't care what your explanation is, evenon character look (as in he's a huge super fast powerful character) so he's just gonna be that way no matter what, he needs nerfing.
Sakura getting back her jump mk crossup and a useful fireball is a bigger buff than Sagat's new move, seriously... she's also probably going to get another new move.. not to mention her second Ultra is more useful since you can combo into it exactly the same as her current one as well as having many more uses. Also changes to old characters are far from finished (CES build was not meant to have many changes for old characters period aside from new ultras) and Sagat did get a health nerf, Abel's Falling Sky did as much damage to him at CES than it does to Chun Li in SF4 right now. Sagat = 1100 Health, Chun Li = 900. Sagat's probably 1000 health now and Abel's Falling Sky got a dmg buff too, FADC combos into Ulta's also seem to be getting a 25% damage reduction, So Sagat's TU FADC F-HK Ultra combo won't do 600 damage anymore.

Oh an Sagat's Evasion move (which costs 1 ex bar mind you) allows him to dodge a move/throw when he activates it, he doesn't become super fast lol... it also increases the damage of his next Tiger Uppercut by twice the amount. Sagat in SF4 is still not as much bullshit as the top 3 in Blazblu. I'll still rather fight a good Sagat than a good Blanka or Dhalsim even though the tier difference between them is massive. I highly doubt anyone would rahter fight Arukune than Litchi in BB CT lol.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-01-17 at 04:49.
Old 2010-01-17, 14:52   Link #913
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:

that being said i'm not getting SSf4 because SF as a whole is a terrible series lol, so whatever.
If you want to see top tier Sagat, play CvS2. The guy has hardly any weaknesses and great footsies, but I still love the game.

I'm more hyped for SSF4 than CS, but that doesn't mean I won't get both. I love me some fighting games afterall.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:08   Link #914
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

well this sin't SSF4 thread so lets stop talking about poop games, but I love CvS2 too but I suck, i only go for Kim corner infinite lol.

And Sagat isn't as much bull as Nu or Ara, but he's Rachel gay in SF4 so dont' go thinking BB is so much worse. It all depends on the game, and for SF4 Sagat is friggin gay.

MORE BB TALK NAO
Old 2010-01-18, 01:12   Link #915
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I'm with mixed feelings about the new stuff. Unlimited characters for everyone... I think i never played with any unlimited char ever since i got the game. I bought the new colors, but i think i will pass this one.

And those Rachel videos are great to re-learn what you can do with her, haha.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 05:04   Link #916
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
well this sin't SSF4 thread so lets stop talking about poop games, but I love CvS2 too but I suck, i only go for Kim corner infinite lol.

And Sagat isn't as much bull as Nu or Ara, but he's Rachel gay in SF4 so dont' go thinking BB is so much worse. It all depends on the game, and for SF4 Sagat is friggin gay.

MORE BB TALK NAO
Sagat in SF4 is seriously one of the weakest god tier characters in a fighting game I've seen. Ibuki, Sean and Akuma in 2nd Impact, Chun, Yun and Ken in 3rd Strike and Rachael, Nu & Arakune in BB CT are way more unbalanced than Sagat in SF4. I haven't played BB CS yet so can't judge Litchi and Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
If you want to see top tier Sagat, play CvS2. The guy has hardly any weaknesses and great footsies, but I still love the game.

I'm more hyped for SSF4 than CS, but that doesn't mean I won't get both. I love me some fighting games afterall.
Well Super's a massive upgrade compared to the tiny one CS is (yet go figure which one fans are crying about it should be DLC more..) so if you like both games a lot it's obvious which one will get people more hype. (Trailer for when they introduce Dudley.. tears will be shed and srk will crash) Yeah Cvs2 Sagat (and the other s tier characters) is way more of a beast than Sagat is in 4...
Old 2010-01-18, 08:16   Link #917
Tokkan

CS has the following:

-2 New Characters
-Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Carl, Tager and Bang all recieve one new move, Lambda has two new moves and Lambda's Act Parser (now called Act Parser Zwei) and Taokaka's Cat Spirit Two have been heavily modified. Rachel's Sword Iris can now be done midair.
-All old arcade stages replaced, console stages (Monorail and Circus) added, 2 new stages (Hanging Gardens and Adventus) added.
-Heavy balance overhaul
-System overhaul. Barrier Burst scrapped, replaced with Break Burst. Guard Libra scrapped, replaced with Guard Primer. Fatal Counters added. Astral Heat prerequisite conditions revised. Announcer replaced. HUD completely replaced.
-Arcade mode event fights replaced entirely.
-All colours except defaults replaced.
-All character voices rerecorded.

CS can't ever be DLC even if it is a tiny update in comparison to SSF4.
Old 2010-01-19, 06:19   Link #918
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
By the time it hits consoles there may be another new character added... yeah. They did mention a possible third character.
could it kokonoe?!
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:28   Link #919
Tokkan

If there's any console exclusive character (and that's an "if" of gargantuan proportions), it has to be Mu-12. Not Kokonoe.
Old 2010-01-19, 09:54   Link #920
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That thing on the arcade ending ? I'm wondering what will happen because there shouldn't be any time reset or something anymore...right ? I wonder if the story mode will continue from the story in arcade mode

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360