AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 19:43   Link #1
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Full Metal Panic

Anyone else bought the 2 first volumes from ADV Manga? Got the second volume this last week, and now IŽll have to wait until Febuary for the third volume. Although the second one was a little disapointing since the first one had all this new stuff never shown in FMP or Fumoffu but the second one was episode 4-7 in the anime. But great stuff none the less. Cool that they landed in North Korea instead of some made up country,
Old 2003-12-01, 10:24   Link #2
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Yeah, I got it from Amazon.co.uk on Saturday. It's good. I haven't seen any of the Full Metal Panic anime series, though.

I'm not sure if I like the old formula "starts as humor, becomes pure action" it seems to be using now. Well, I'll know when the 3rd volume is released.
Old 2003-12-01, 23:47   Link #3
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
I've bought both volumes so far, and I have also seen (and enjoyed) both anime series. I see parts from both series in the manga, but apparently the first series was based on this manga, and Fummoffu was based on another.

The only real gripe I have is that the next volume isn't going to be released until February. That's 4 months between releases!
Old 2003-12-02, 02:25   Link #4
corp20
Internet God

Hey I was wondering if Fumoffu and FMP2(?) manga is licensed yet? I want to see if I can still download it.
Old 2003-12-02, 03:46   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Hey I was wondering if Fumoffu and FMP2(?) manga is licensed yet? I want to see if I can still download it.
I don't believe there is a separate Fumoffu manga. The new manga were probably converted over from the original novel series that serialized in Dragon magazine. Hence, ADV probably has all manga rights to FMP.
Old 2003-12-02, 03:49   Link #6
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I don't believe there is a separate Fumoffu manga. The new manga were probably converted over from the original novel series that serialized in Dragon magazine. Hence, ADV probably has all manga rights to FMP.
Thank you for answering me.
Old 2003-12-02, 12:00   Link #7
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Yes there is. There are in fact 3 separate manga series, and the first two have been completed. All three mangas are based on the novels, and the anime are based on the mangas.

I had a link to a site that explained it, but I can't find it at the moment...
Old 2003-12-02, 15:46   Link #8
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric
Yes there is. There are in fact 3 separate manga series, and the first two have been completed. All three mangas are based on the novels, and the anime are based on the mangas.

What I don't get is why the first chapter of the this manga corresponds with the first 12min episode of FMP: Fumoffu, with Sagara blowing up a show cabinet with a note in it (although the note was for Chidori in the manga)

I thought the Fumoffu anime was based on an entirely diffrent Manga.
Espciallt since the events in the Fumoffu anime takes place after the FMP anime (with Chidori already knowing Tessa and such)
Old 2003-12-02, 17:55   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric

Well, it's just that amazon.co.jp doesn't list fumoffu manga, just full metal panic manga. There might be different sets of manga, but they don't seem to be named fumoffu.
Old 2003-12-06, 18:25   Link #10
Tieki-tan
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to Tieki-tan Send a message via Yahoo to Tieki-tan
I haven't read the manga yet,but I did get to see at least one espisode of the show. I'm not sure where to get the manga or the tapes for it, but I've been wanting to read and watch this. Its characters and storyline look so cool. ^_^
Old 2004-01-03, 10:40   Link #11
RED6

Bme

BME:

To answer your question, the manga is a mix of fumoffu and FMP. All of you who said that the first manga book was all new stuff was wrong. The shoe box stuff is clearly seen in fumoffu, as is the scene with the coach contaminating the lunch foods as well as...well...most of it. While strictly speaking, FMP:F does take place after FMP, many FMP fans and I like to treat it as sort of a side story; an alternate story to FMP. If you notice, at the end of FMP, it's clear that the relationship between Sagara and Kaname is going somewhere; however in the first ep of FMP:F their relationship seems backtracked, which makes no sense. While there are some hints in the second season that it succeeds the first (like Kaname knowing the general and Tessa) I don't think it really starts off where the first one left off.
Closed Thread