AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 16:15   Link #601
Souka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It was not his choice. And his promise is still strong, if Seby will turn him into human again, Ciel's soul is his. Ciel didn't lie.
I'm not disappointed with the character itself, but rather with the creators for making it this way. I guess I was just hoping for it to end according to the contract Sebastian and Ciel made, or at least with something more original.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Also, no more Kuroshitsuji. This season was unnecessary enough as it was so I hope Aniplex has enough and doesn't even think about another one. On the plus side, seeing Ronald Knox made me a little interested in checking out the manga now. Yes, not Ciel, not Sebastian, not Grell, not the servants, not the plot, but Ronald Knox XP.
I would actually like it if they made a new Kuroshitsuji that would stick with the manga like they did for FMA, but I doubt this will be happening. As for Ronald Knox, his apparition (and William's) was one of the only few things I really appreciated in this season.
Souka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 18:50   Link #602
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souka View Post
I would actually like it if they made a new Kuroshitsuji that would stick with the manga like they did for FMA, but I doubt this will be happening. As for Ronald Knox, his apparition (and William's) was one of the only few things I really appreciated in this season.
They could always do those manga bundled OVAs that are all the rage these days. Just pick up where the anime completely diverged and make the manga readers happy or something. That's the only future I could see in a Kuroshitsuji animation.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:55   Link #603
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So, I'm the only one who like the ending and this season overall ?
Need more "manga title adaptation" like this lol
Nope your not the only one, I love the way the table has turned~ Together forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I liked it as well. It wasn't quite as good as it could have been, but it never failed to entertain me. Also, it's a shame Ciel never cross-dressed this season...
Spoiler for images:
Love the images~

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 04:34   Link #604
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that Shiroth is REALLY looking forward to Ciel in Wonderland?
^_____________^
Old 2010-09-19, 16:31   Link #605
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my goodness.
Old 2010-09-19, 16:48   Link #606
Milfeulle9001

Anyone else felt like this second season was one big clusterfuck?
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 18:04   Link #607
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kuroshitsuji II ~ Black Butler ~ Last Thoughts

When I first heard of Kuroshitsuji II last year, I thought how the staff was going to bring both Ciel and Sebastian back, since the closing scene from the first anime's ending clearly showed Sebastian about to reap his deserved reward from Ciel.

I never expected that the manga author was involved at creating the characters Alois Trancy and Claude Faustus as the leads for the sequel. However, I can imagine that move from the producers made the fanbase to go nuts and bananas, because each and everyone of us wanted to see both Ciel and Sebastian again.

The first half of this season's first episode seemingly proved that Alois and Claude would be leads. Gosh, even the opening video for the first episodes showcased at that too.
Spoiler:

It wasn't until the fifth and sixth episode that the mystery got resolved as to what happened at the very end of the first season.

Someone commented at this thread that Alois was just a pretty weak character that would never stand to Ciel's league, and that Claude was a seeming copycat compared to Sebastian, and a lowgrade at that too, as Sebastian added further insult in the first episode.

Honestly, I was fooled at believing that this season would have dealt about both Alois and Claude, but they were just the setup or the springboard to catapult both Ciel and Sebastian back to the story, as per popular demand from the fans.

The biggest suprise was Claude's twist at the end of the seventh episode.

Claude was just a demon.

Alois at the beginning of this season was the most psychotic child; even still that eye-plucking scene cringes my skin.

Spoiler:

The ending turned to be both a happy and twisted ending.

Spoiler:

For Sebastian it was not a happy ending, but a twisted and unexpected ending that favored Ciel.
Spoiler:

I have to be honest, the very ending sequence for this season was exquisitely performed and runs in par with the first season's ending closure.
Spoiler:

The only thing that I did not get was:
Spoiler:

This was the first series that I concluded for the summer season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 01:50   Link #608
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post
Anyone else felt like this second season was one big clusterfuck?
Nope. Not until the end where they do a pretty good job of wrapping it up. Albeit, they were leading viewers by their nose all this while. Which is sort of the cool thing as I see it.

I just wonder if this series will continue on and even if it does, in what kind of form...

Both the first and second season seemed to end at a point where it could not turn back but who knows? Ciel in France?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 09:25   Link #609
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If this series ever continues, I expect (hope) they will wait for the manga to finish and pull an FMA:Brotherhood type of sequel. Even if they just pick up from where the first season split off from the source.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 11:11   Link #610
Milfeulle9001

Well, the second season didn't follow the manga at all and even introduced two new characters.

You could say that Kuroshitsuji II was an original anime in itself.

But who knows, maybe we'll get a continuation of S1.
Old 2010-09-20, 13:17   Link #611
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well, the second season didn't follow the manga at all and even introduced two new characters.

You could say that Kuroshitsuji II was an original anime in itself.
A lot of us knew that already thanks to the announcement made way before the second season aired.
Old 2010-09-20, 16:42   Link #612
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A lot of us knew that already thanks to the announcement made way before the second season aired.
Well, I forgot to say that I definitely wouldn't like a continuation of this Kuroshitsuji II.

If a next season were to be made then it should be a continuation of S1. I mean, just follow the source material, ffs.
Old 2010-09-20, 16:53   Link #613
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If a next season were to be made then it should be a continuation of S1. I mean, just follow the source material, ffs.
The problem is that there isn't a lot of material to make up a whole season, so that's why an anime original story with the mangaka's help happened.
Old 2010-09-20, 17:02   Link #614
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The problem is that there isn't a lot of material to make up a whole season, so that's why an anime original story with the mangaka's help happened.
Which makes me a sad panda 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Old 2010-09-21, 03:33   Link #615
Irkalla
I asked for this

Oh well, it has been a fun cracky ride to say the least. I'm quite easy to please if there is fanservice, so I usually don't really mind the plot that much, but I felt like this season was such a huge downgrade from the first. They tried to bring more comedy in to make up for the lack of a plot, which would have been fine had this been any other show, just not Kuroshitsuji. It just felt rushed and all over the place, a "clusterfuck" like somebody has already mentioned. I actually liked the ending, but the way they made Ciel a demon made no sense whatsoever. They just pulled that one straight out of their asses. But still, the result was good, Ciel the demon and Seby the demon's demon butler, huh.
Old 2010-10-01, 19:09   Link #616
tastythoughts
僕は紬ビジョンがある !
*Artist

This just occurred to me, but it really made me confused.

Spoiler for Potential episode 11-12 spoiler:
tastythoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:53   Link #617
kitten320

No, he did not disobey. He simply can't do it now, he has to wait until it will be possible (which probably is never) and that is why he needs to stay by ciel's side till then.
Old 2010-10-02, 20:37   Link #618
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I actually liked the ending, but the way they made Ciel a demon made no sense whatsoever. They just pulled that one straight out of their asses. But still, the result was good, Ciel the demon and Seby the demon's demon butler, huh.
I actually thought it was a fitting ending considering all of the
plotting to get ciels soul by sebastian and claude and ciel wanting to be devoured by sebastian. In the end alois denied everyone else from getting what they wanted
Old 2010-10-08, 17:48   Link #619
matsunaga_hisahide
Ravages of time-Zhang Fei

Man o man...really liked the ending.

Sadly, I can´t quite follow why some say it´s such a boring and predictable end.

I knew Sebastian was probably ending up with an empty stomach, but the way they did it...was just epic.
Seriously, they shed a lot of light onto a demon life. Demons being "dead inside" because of their immortality and thus being driven into madness by tasting a drug called Ciel like Claude (to some extent Sebastian too) or adapting feelings towards an innocent child (Hannah).

Alois Trancy seriously had one crapload of a life and it ended like that...thankfully Hannah was there and now he is the one who gets to "live" happily with his little brother, Hannah - the demon who finally found happiness and Claude - the demon who realized that the thing he was hunting for was allready in his hands but he lost it thanks to Ciel.

So in the end, the only ones that truly have to suffer are Ciel, who now bears the cross of immortality and all the hardships that come alongside the demonbeing (like not being able to taste "normal" food as was mentioned by Sebastian) and Sebastian who now has to serve another demon as his underling, for all eternity, never being able to the devour the soul he longed for.

It´s a great ending for all those who liked Alois/his little brother, as well as Hannah and Claude, since they are now united for all eternity, but also for the Ciel/Sebastian fans, seeing as this could hint an open end for more OVAs/another seasons, as well as many possible fanfictions.

Great work. Though opinions differ, so I´m not critizising anyone for his takes on this season, but personally I really liked it.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:02   Link #620
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
so basically the ending for season 2 is that Sebastian pretty much got scammed? lol after all that hard work he gets nothing unless he enjoys being a butler for Ciel...

is this going to be the ending for the manga too?

Tags
comedy, shounen