AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 20:52   Link #2061
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
A little question: is Unarmed skill different from Martial Arts? Or could it be something like an inferior version...?
I don't think the LN's have touched upon that one. Fair bet they're different, but who knows?
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:27   Link #2062
lightbringer
M9000

Seeing as it first comes up in the main story as unarmed and later is expanded upon in a side story as "martial arts", it's probably a reference to the same sort of skill. Though it's not on Kirito's skill list, and we know that he erased two-handed sword skill in order to pick up fishing so it wasn't that one either. We can probably chalk this one up to continuity error and expect to see it fixed in the future.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:49   Link #2063
Ghanw
(-_-)

This question may have been already answered, what happened to volume 10 chapter 1 or has it not been uploaded yet?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:54   Link #2064
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
This question may have been already answered, what happened to volume 10 chapter 1 or has it not been uploaded yet?
It's in Vol 9, chapter 1 of Alicization.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 01:19   Link #2065
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Alicization has been split. It wasn't named chapter 2 in volume 10 as a accident.
Old 2012-08-28, 01:42   Link #2066
Bairui

Spoiler for Question for Alicization:
Bairui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:04   Link #2067
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairui View Post
Spoiler for Question for Alicization:
guys, I know it's being used because we can't think of a better short word for the concept, and also, considering this is just a LN novel, but I really don't feel comfortable reading the word retard... I don't know why i feel like this, but I just do.

I'm not demanding nor rebuking nor critizing you guys. But i would appreciatte it if we could use something less crude... we could use brain damage or something. still, it's just a suggestion

I apologize beforehand if I bother anyone with this post

see ya!
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:00   Link #2068
sky black swordman

How about broken ?
Old 2012-08-28, 05:51   Link #2069
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Retarded isn't supposed to be derogatory, people only use it like that colloquially. However it is only meant to mean slower than normal or impaired mentally
Old 2012-08-28, 06:37   Link #2070
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Well it's the people who treat the word as it it was degoratory. *shrugs*

Question to the translators: how many parts is Rondo of the Transient Sword supposed to be?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:51   Link #2071
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Spoiler for ?:

So from how the latest episode ended. I'm guessing its going to end with volume one. So how are they going to integrate Yui into the story. Thats what I'm curious about.
For the anime, they haven't reached that point chronologically, but it is integral to the plot so they won't remove it.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:31   Link #2072
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Meh, knowing how things go with LN, probably with some love, crisis, and bad ass determination.
Old 2012-08-28, 13:02   Link #2073
StellarCell
시논 짱!

Questions for Volume 5 [Phantom Bullet] Chapter 7
Spoiler for GGO Ch 7 Kirito's Match:

Who did Kirito blame? Did I miss anything from the past few LN's?
StellarCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:13   Link #2074
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarCell View Post
Questions for Volume 5 [Phantom Bullet] Chapter 7
Spoiler for GGO Ch 7 Kirito's Match:

Who did Kirito blame? Did I miss anything from the past few LN's?
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-08-28, 13:22   Link #2075
StellarCell
시논 짱!

And also,

Spoiler for GGO Chapter 7 Volume 5:

So Kirito thinks he's weak because he can't kill anymore? Doesn't he like this new way of thinking? He imposed it on other people before.

Last edited by StellarCell; 2012-08-28 at 14:27.
StellarCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:49   Link #2076
lightbringer
M9000

The two people he cut were the two unnamed Laughing Coffin members he killed during the crusade. The extra third person is Kuradeel whom he killed in volume 1 in self-defense (or rather, defending Asuna who came to rescue Kirito from him).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:21   Link #2077
Awrya
U mad?

Now that I remember, Higa's fluctlight copy collapsed after 4 minutes, but there was an earlier incident where a copy was created.
Quote:
" - Are you alive?"
With that short question, I heard an answer after the briefest instant of silence.
『You could say that I am, and you could say that I'm not. In a sense, I am - an echo of Kayaba Akihiko's consciousness, an afterimage.』
Kayaba was acknowledged as a genius the same as Higa and while it isn't certain that Kayaba's method is the same as fluctlight, what is the reason Kayaba can accept that he is a copy?
The same with Kirito in the webnovel, how come they could accept that they aren't 'unique'?

Any chances Kayaba gets hired by Kikuoka?
Old 2012-08-29, 12:22   Link #2078
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarCell View Post
And also,

Spoiler for GGO Chapter 7 Volume 5:

So Kirito thinks he's weak because he can't kill anymore? Doesn't he like this new way of thinking? He imposed it on other people before.
He thinks he is weak because he ran away of the memory of killing those LC members. He killed them, restrained XaXa, ignored his name, and simply buried the memory.

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2012-08-29 at 12:23. Reason: grammar error
Old 2012-08-29, 12:32   Link #2079
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
guys, I know it's being used because we can't think of a better short word for the concept, and also, considering this is just a LN novel, but I really don't feel comfortable reading the word retard... I don't know why i feel like this, but I just do.

I'm not demanding nor rebuking nor critizing you guys. But i would appreciatte it if we could use something less crude... we could use brain damage or something. still, it's just a suggestion

I apologize beforehand if I bother anyone with this post

see ya!
To be fair, retarded is a medical term, and is used for persons whom the mental development is slowed and is not developed as per norms - the whole original meaning of retarded is "slowed". As another example, USAF refers to bombs that are slowed via Snakeye fins or parachute as retarded bombs.

That said, Kirito's condition is, I believe, more akin to a Persistent Vegetative State - at least, on the external perspective. (also known as being in a coma.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:44   Link #2080
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
To be fair, retarded is a medical term, and is used for persons whom the mental development is slowed and is not developed as per norms - the whole original meaning of retarded is "slowed". As another example, USAF refers to bombs that are slowed via Snakeye fins or parachute as retarded bombs.

That said, Kirito's condition is, I believe, more akin to a Persistent Vegetative State - at least, on the external perspective. (also known as being in a coma.)
its the first time i hear that it is a medical term... Here in chile, or at least thorough my life, it's been used with a very derogative intent.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality