Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Rakan = awesome as usual.

Spoiler for Episode 1 : The Fate Menace:
Haha, still 2003 there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
didn't we actually see Anya at some waterland together with Misora? ... or was that the stripper duo? :P
Yep, no Anya there.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:34   Link #2282
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Fate is also rising on my favorite character meter. His little side comment in Nodoka's book right before he goes in the details of his plan.

"Watch out for spoilers!"

So considerate, even to his enemies.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 05:02   Link #2283
mtarzaim

The fake Asuna theory is interesting ...
Especially if we think how she was cornered by two fate's henchwomen, obviously aware of her Magic Cancel ability.
If they worked as the Yue/Nodo likes (or might I say splitted-Yue twin ? ) against Rakan, their powers are probably complementary, and especially useful to counter anti-magic opponent (illusion, psychic power, poison).

You have also noticed the firestarter was a young girl with long hair ... just like Anya (except the hair color). If the big boss has the capabilities to brainwash people, turning their hair whiter in the process for example , Negi and Co would have a serious issue to resolve, with Anya in the dark side, and Asuna being fake ...

About Fate, I will choose the Ayanami Rei theory : a clone created by magic, imbued at birth with all the knowledge of his predecessors.
Two hints for that :
- His apparence & personnality (very Ayanamic, no ? )
- His little comment about Negi's strength in 226 ("since I've never needed training myself ..."), implying he was already that powerfull and experienced since his very first days.

About Yue, the best part IMO will be when she will regain all of her memories, returning to her old self.
The fact that she will recover all her bad experiences, including friend betrayal & her grandfather death, in one single time will certainly shaken her a lot (yes, I'm a little sadistic with my loved characters ^^ ).

But the most interesting event will be the meeting between Negi's group, knowing only the usual Yue, and Collet's group, knowing only the original Yue.
Collet and co will certainly worry about her real happiness, and if those people are really suited for their new friend/rival.
"Yue is sad and gloomy. She's hindering herself and keeping it all inside her. She has lost these sparkles in her eyes. And it's all just because of you, bookworm (Nodo) ! Give us her back ! ! ! " might shoot by Emily in front of everyone.
It would lead to several interesting developments in the YueNegiNodo relation.

That and Yue "I'm one of the elite's elite mages in less than 6 months" Ayase facing Nodoka "my artifact is broken, so i'm even less useful than before" Miyazaki.

And did you notice Yue is the only mage-type girl getting so many times physically hurt (face punched by the fake takamichi, wounded by the dragon griffon, shocked-to-faint by Negi) ?
All other girls are only getting stripped ...

PS : GG for Rakan's words of wisdom in 228 ( "Use your hands, not your mouth, kid !" ).
If every main character could smash the baddies to prevent their flee, instead of shooting a useless "No, wait !" ...

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 12:09   Link #2284
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
That and Yue "I'm one of the elite's elite mages in less than 6 months" Ayase facing Nodoka "my artifact is broken, so i'm even less useful than before" Miyazaki.
Nodoka's artifact isn't broken. She can easily de-summon the book and it will return to normal. It's just that when the book was turned to stone, it recorded some important information concerning Fate, and if she did de-summon the book, all that information would be lost.
Old 2008-10-17, 12:49   Link #2285
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Nodoka's artifact isn't broken. She can easily de-summon the book and it will return to normal. It's just that when the book was turned to stone, it recorded some important information concerning Fate, and if she did de-summon the book, all that information would be lost.
But still, she cannot fight right now.
Without her pactio, she's powerless.

The interesting point is how the hierarchy between Yue and Nodoka is evolving.
At the begining, Yue was "under", praising Nodoka for her gentle heart, and persuaded that her friend deserves Negi more than anyone else (well, she probably still think it that way, as hinted in the confessionnal).
But currently, Nodoka feels more and more "inferior" to Yue in many points (deep understanding, magical awareness, increasing willpower)
She's loosing her purity (I would call it silliness), and is discovering the dark room of the underdog. Love isn't a wonderfull thing : it's a catalyst for stronger feelings, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
The more Yue's inner world lights up, the more Nodoka's one darken up.
They have switched places, without really noticed it, nor willing for it.

Yue doesn't need her pactio anymore to fight efficiently.
In fact, she was already efficient with her shikamaru IQ alone.
But her fight with the dragon griffon proved she gets more and more skills in the magic departement, like her broom's newly mastery. Enough to impress excellent students, and to make her able to follow Negi on the frontlines. With high risks of course, but that's how feelings grow.

Nodoka can still do nothing by herself.
She's getting more and more aware of it, but can't find the strength to overcome it in her own way.
Negi will continue his journey, and she won't be able to follow him anymore, where Yue will stand next to him, supporting him both magically and mentally.
This will lead to frustation and antagonism (as hinted in the confessionnal) where her kindness, her only true strong point, will be hard tested.

The gap between Yue and Nodoka keeps increasing, and would lead (in a negima-esque form) to some SHUFFLE! situations (Nodoka in Kaede mode).
And that would bring Negima up to another level of Drama.
Which is IMO a very good thing.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:49   Link #2286
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

like your writeup ... expect i doesn't see Nodoka going boxcutterpsyco at any point ... she might very well go though a depressed period which exstends for quite a while ... but theres nothing supporting her going mental ... specially since she have several friends which would try for all they can to keep her floating (Yue, Paru, Konoka and Asuna specially ... rest of the party secondary by more subtle ways)

btw ... does anyone other than me see one of Yue's new friends (most likely Collet) getting shipped back to 3A as a new transfer student after alls said and done in this act?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 14:08   Link #2287
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
The gap between Yue and Nodoka keeps increasing, and would lead (in a negima-esque form) to some SHUFFLE! situations (Nodoka in Kaede mode).
And that would bring Negima up to another level of Drama.
Which is IMO a very good thing.
Not as good as Nodoka actually growing as a character and becoming less "useless". I sincerely doubt that Akamatsu is going to give anyone in this series (except maybe Fate and Tsukuyomi) a 'Bad End', per se, least of all one of the hero's primary "love interests". It also clashes quite a bit with Akamatsu's action/comedy formula. I still remember Yue's "suicide" back during the Mahora Festival where she rappelled--instead of jumped--down into the library's lower levels. It had drama, sure, but it also had a "Psyche!" moment built into it to take some of the tension off of the situation and return it to being more comical than it would have been otherwise. I don't think Akamatsu would turn Nodoka's situation into something out of School Days just for the sake of drama.

Combat isn't Nodoka's specialty anyways, so I wouldn't expect her to develop a lot of ass-kicking powers any more than I would expect Setsuna to develop healing magic. She has her role to play in the Ala Alba, and any development of her powers will most likely continue along the lines of her "exotic reconnaissance" powerset. I can almost see in my mind's eye Nodoka taking part in the final battle by detecting and pointing out attacks that the others wouldn't be able to block or evade without her, sort of like a human targeting computer/early warning system.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-10-17 at 14:19.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 14:19   Link #2288
Dark Mage

Man if Asuna cant be ith Negi, I would like Nodoka with Negi rather than YuexNegi because Yue is just not good enough. I really still hope that Asuna gets to be with Negi but lately the chances of them ending up together is getting highly unlikely so if this indeed becomes true, I would at least want Nodoka to be the special someone for Negi. Ill still keep rooting for Asuna though because I just love her character as Tsundere and for her being always there for Negi at times of his need although lately, it seems to be heading towards a sisterx brother sort of affection. I would atleast want her to make a confession of her love for Negi
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 14:51   Link #2289
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

the only thing Nodoka needs before being officially overpowered is proberly some device which can transmit her chosen thoughts to preselected people
Old 2008-10-17, 20:57   Link #2290
Dark Mage

Hey guys I have bad news. Red Hawks has dropped scanlating Mahou Sensei Negima! So I guess there wont be any new chapters coming out. Shit
Old 2008-10-17, 21:43   Link #2291
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Hey guys I have bad news. Red Hawks has dropped scanlating Mahou Sensei Negima! So I guess there wont be any new chapters coming out. Shit
You make it sound like AQS no longer exists...
Old 2008-10-18, 00:27   Link #2292
ShadowThingy

Quote:

and exactly where is this stated?
ShadowThingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:42   Link #2293
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowThingy View Post
and exactly where is this stated?
In their site's Shoutbox, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taka
Taka: We officially dropped Negima... will be focusing on other projects...
Old 2008-10-18, 03:19   Link #2294
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
You make it sound like AQS no longer exists...
But AQS is only upto chapter 222 and their releases arent as eegular as Red Hawks although they do a good job
Old 2008-10-18, 05:52   Link #2295
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

all respect to AQS but they aren't exacly fast
Old 2008-10-18, 10:34   Link #2296
Asrialys

Quote:
But AQS is only upto chapter 222 and their releases arent as eegular as Red Hawks although they do a good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
all respect to AQS but they aren't exacly fast
Nothing works out perfectly. They haven't dropped it, so that's something good.
Old 2008-10-18, 12:13   Link #2297
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I'm just happy that we've got new printed volumes coming out in the States again. It'll take a really long time to get caught up with the scanlations, but at least we're not stuck in Book 18 limbo anymore....

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:29   Link #2298
Solafighter
Hige

I just started to read the manga.

Mh i have a question: If im not mistaken, the series has 26 episodes. The end of the manga = end of series or are the manga volumes far over the end of the animation(it would be like School Rumble and anime)?

Thanks a lot.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:33   Link #2299
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I just started to read the manga.

Mh i have a question: If im not mistaken, the series has 26 episodes. The end of the manga = end of series or are the manga volumes far over the end of the animation(it would be like School Rumble and anime)?

Thanks a lot.
The manga goes way, way, way beyond the first anime series. Although, the first series does make reference to events that weren't revealed until later in the manga.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:37   Link #2300
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
The manga goes way, way, way beyond the first anime series. Although, the first series does make reference to events that weren't revealed until later in the manga.
Thanks for the fast reply.

And, what do you think about the manga? Is it(a lot) better then the animation and are there some interesting developments in the manga?

Thanks again.

Tags
action, fantasy