Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 02:40   Link #421
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
finally~ ep4 summary + my [incomplete] thoughts is up in my blog XDDD

I really have to prioritize doing my summary of Kaze no Stigma next time... it's hard thinking of "thoughts" when you're like, half-asleep... LOL

gonna update my post tomorrow for more stuff and thoughts~ still have to put some novel comparisons.. but I'm too sleepy to think straight o___o;;;;

so, pardon whatever incoherencies you see in the post... LOL XDDD

/me sleeps....ZzZzzz
Nice you have the story up, now it's time for the screenshots
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 03:18   Link #422
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
besides from the action and all im more interested about the story behind everything especially that concerning kazuma's past ~ soo many questions to be revealed and im just shaking with anticipation

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 05:53   Link #423
usagijen

I can't believe I didn't include the "epilogue" part of episode 4 x___x;;;

anyways, I updated my post... added my thoughts on Ren which I forgot to mention, also on the next episode's preview + screenshots (decided to just put them all on top of the page coz it's too much work >_<)

as for my novel vs anime analysis + spoiler, I decided to just put it in a separate post (and wil continue to do so from now on) to lessen the already lengthy summary + episode thoughts ^^

Deep-Frying Analysis of Kaze no Stigma Episode 04
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 11:22   Link #424
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
yah.. the only reason for me in watching this anime is because it has a kick ass male lead, guys like him are on the brink of extinction since femdom and wimpy or emo guys gone berserk showed up imo

looks like the cop chick is somehow aquainted to kazuma, hope she gets enough screen time can't blame me for loving harem shows (lol even IRL, i always end up liking 2 or more girls but selecting the best from the rest )
And the Femdom leads are being pushed out by what I call Lolidom now. I thought this series was actuall going to be one of those, but was immensely surprised to find out the male was the most powerful.

In a few years time it's either going to be "Remember when men were almost written out of anime in favour of Moe female leads, scary time?" or "Remember when male characters used to exist in anime as something other than a background character or foil for a loli lead and/or femdom type character? It wasn't that long ago, gather round children, grandpa Kaioshin'll tell ya the story."

The thing is that right now kick ass loli type characters as opposed to kickass men are hot hot hot right now, and few companies have the balls to buck the trend.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 12:13   Link #425
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
And the Femdom leads are being pushed out by what I call Lolidom now. I thought this series was actuall going to be one of those, but was immensely surprised to find out the male was the most powerful.

In a few years time it's either going to be "Remember when men were almost written out of anime in favour of Moe female leads, scary time?" or "Remember when male characters used to exist in anime as something other than a background character or foil for a loli lead and/or femdom type character? It wasn't that long ago, gather round children, grandpa Kaioshin'll tell ya the story."

The thing is that right now kick ass loli type characters as opposed to kickass men are hot hot hot right now, and few companies have the balls to buck the trend.
Gotta agree with you here. I would make a much better male lead than 95% of anime male leads over the past 10 years.
Old 2007-05-05, 12:19   Link #426
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

^ comming from someone biased towards a certain genre
*cough* well what ever it is ayano is definitly not loli (no matter how much you or i wish it to be so T_T)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-05-05, 12:24   Link #427
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
... (no matter how much you or i wish it to be so T_T)
This isn't the right place to come out of the closet

@justinstrife: you're probably right, but on the other hand, we don't get into as many life-or-death situations. Or rather, we don't get into any at all, usually
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 13:21   Link #428
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This isn't the right place to come out of the closet

@justinstrife: you're probably right, but on the other hand, we don't get into as many life-or-death situations. Or rather, we don't get into any at all, usually
Been there, and done that. Already know how I react. Major fire hitting San Diego destroying over 3,000 homes and threating my dad's ranch, with him in China for a month? Check. Took one of his tractors and was directly ontop of a fire trying to stop it's advances.

Criminal runs from the cops and crashes his car directly across the street from the same ranch at 5am? Check. Went out trying to find him to make it easier for the police.

I've had several more situations, and I've always taken them on, head-on. When other people tend to get paralyzed with fear, or can't think of what to do, I'm too busy acting. This is why I know I can do a better job than 95% of those male leads in anime. Whether I'm a teenager at the time, or in my early 20's(The main age groups for anime characters).
Old 2007-05-05, 14:08   Link #429
lightbringer
M9000

You like living on the edge, huh ^_^
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 15:12   Link #430
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*cough* well what ever it is ayano is definitly not loli (no matter how much you or i wish it to be so T_T)
Thank god she isn't loli...she is annoying enough as she is. Sorry. ^^;;; Just not a fan of lolis at all...

Kazuma is what saves this anime. If Ayano had been the main character chances are I would have dropped this series very quickly. But Kazuma does kick so much ass, so I keep coming back to watch more. I do hope we get to learn alot more about his background and what he's been up to these past few years.
Old 2007-05-05, 15:14   Link #431
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Ayano is one of the main characters And you can bet all you have that she will be getting significant amounts of screentime from this point forwards.
Old 2007-05-05, 15:15   Link #432
zalem

Yeah, but the focus is still more on Kazuma. Without him the series would be rather mediocre. Well, in my opinion at least....maybe Ayano fans will still like it alot.
Old 2007-05-05, 15:26   Link #433
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Ayano is one of the main characters And you can bet all you have that she will be getting significant amounts of screentime from this point forwards.
She better do some growing up first or my viewing is going to drop off conciderably.
Old 2007-05-05, 15:28   Link #434
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
She better do some growing up first or my viewing is going to drop off conciderably.
Well, that's what character development is for. So I'm REALLY hoping we do see her mature. Don't read the novels so I have no idea myself, but from what people have said it sounds like she does grow up a bit. Even so, I'd still prefer the focus to stay on Kazuma.
Old 2007-05-05, 16:52   Link #435
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

oh kazuma will still be in the spotlight but its just that he will have a new partner hanging around (and taking all the insults )
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
i still dont see why there is so much hate around ayano...i like her personality and find it rather cute that she can and do go into dere dere mode with then situation calls for it

Old 2007-05-05, 17:40   Link #436
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:

hehehe i should've seperated lolis from the genre femdom lol ya... back then there were tough guys like zenki, yusuke and heero... i miss those days... maybe the vast increase of pervs and lolis caused the major "trend" nowadays

hmm, looks like we got some pantsu shots in episode 4
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 17:43   Link #437
Archmagination2002

I think its a backlash because of all those bratty female characters you see in anime now. In this anime we have a cool, intelligent and powerful male lead and its such a refreshing character that most of the people here don't want to see the more typical lead in Ayano overtake him.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 18:17   Link #438
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

For me its her whole attitude that makes my teeth hurt. She thinks cause she weilds Enraiho she's something special. Then, as he said, once she gets onto something she wont listen to others and fixates on it. Either of those on its own would be fine, mixed together is to much IMO.

I loved it whene her old man slapped her down over being to arrogant for owning Enraiho.

As it is, she's just annoying, however if she grows as a character and starts to mature it'll be fine. As it is now i'd much rather throttle her
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 18:26   Link #439
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Been a while since I've posted on AS .

Funny how I share the majorities' view about Ayano: she's annoying. I don't really have anything against her personality aside from the fact that she doesn't use her head most of the time by jumping to conclusions based on what she sees immediately before her. That's what I find annoying - and her unjustified conceit.

I totally agree that Kazuma really does save this series - and the sole reason that I actually watch it at all. I prefer calm, intelligent lead characters as oppose to the witless characters that some anime protagonists are made out of these days .

I'm just waiting for Kazuma to kick Ayano's conceit out of her, along with the rest of the Kannagi family - except for the head, I'll spare him, since he's more understanding and open-minded.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 18:40   Link #440
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Ayano can be a bit annoying at times, but she can be funny too.

I'm sure she'll mature later.
Also, anyone knows how many episodes this anime will be?
I hope to god there'll be more than 13 or 26..
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen